Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What if money was no issue?

Render

Pack a bag and start walking and try to get as much out of life as I could. Then when I find a place that I like then I'll do what I said I would do in the winning the lottery thread. The walkabout would take a very long time though so i doubt I would ever get the chance to settle.

• Like 1

Probably just learn as much as I could, history, math, etc. Just consume knowledge with my eye mouths and suck it in with my ear lips and chew it up with my mind teeth.

Edited by Hasina
  • Like 3

I'd be the only mule in a hammock on a beach in Tahitti

• Like 2

Hmmm, so actually 2 out of the 3 here prove that money is a necessary element in society to keep ppl ambitious, to accomplish things.

I find it odd how some simply say "travel" or "lay on the beach all day every day". What about purpose? If i have to believe you guys, ppl would completely loose a sense of purpose if money would not be an issue. That's pretty sad.

What would ppl do with their lives? Sure I'd also would take more vacations, but what else??? What would you become? A painter? A scientist? A philosopher? A CEO? Or just a non-ambitious tourist for the rest of your life?

Hmmm, so actually 2 out of the 3 here prove that money is a necessary element in society to keep ppl ambitious, to accomplish things.

I find it odd how some simply say "travel" or "lay on the beach all day every day". What about purpose? If i have to believe you guys, ppl would completely loose a sense of purpose if money would not be an issue. That's pretty sad.

What would ppl do with their lives? Sure I'd also would take more vacations, but what else??? What would you become? A painter? A scientist? A philosopher? A CEO? Or just a non-ambitious tourist for the rest of your life?

Not ambitious, I work a lot for the money I need. To feed myself, to clothe myself, etc. If I didn't need to work, I could use that free time to learn. To answer your question, I'd become a scholar, retain knowledge, maybe rewrite it for others in a humorous fashion and teach others, maybe become a teacher too?

• Like 1

Move to Maine immediately and finish remodeling the house.

Purchase an MRI machine for the local hospital (here) and set up a fund to provide free MRIs in perpetuity.

Set up another fund to supply children with either contact lenses or permanent vision correction (b/c I remember what it was like to be a little girl wearing glasses and having other kids call me "Four Eyes").

Set up yet another fund to provide warm clothes and regular meals to children in need. And one for disabled people who fall through the cracks of the current system.

Return to college...and never stop earning degrees (Literary Theory and Criticism, Folklore, Comparative Religion, Archaeology, Philosophy...oh, the possibilities are endless!).

Set up college funds for all my great- nieces and nephews (and for Gary's grandchildren).

Open a no-kill rescue farm with an onsite veterinarian and take in all the dogs and cats other people throw away.

Take an Alaskan cruise

Learn to sail a tall ship

Visit the UK, France, Greece, Santorini, Italy (esp. Venice), Egypt, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, Iceland, Kenya, Cameroon, Madagascar, Botswana, Nepal...

Adopt about six more Newfies. At least.

Help as many other people as possible; in particular, elderly people, veterans, sick children, hungry children

Please note this list is not in order of importance. Nor is it complete.

• Like 2

Become a teacher/scholar and travel the world with my girlfriend and explore the unknown and discover what the world has to offer.

Edited by TheLogic
  • Like 2

I would become a Starship Captain.

• Like 4

To boldly go where no man has gone before?

Yeah man. If money was no object? Go get me a doctorate from MIT, start building starships. Heck, I may even be a founding member of The Federation.

• Like 3

Pack a bag and start walking and try to get as much out of life as I could. Then when I find a place that I like then I'll do what I said I would do in the winning the lottery thread. The walkabout would take a very long time though so i doubt I would ever get the chance to settle.

I would definitely have a long travelling holiday, but couldn't do that forever x

I would go on more ghost hunts to discover what happens after death, if anything....and I would rescue animals in need and maybe by a farm to live off the land :-)

• Like 1

I would become a Starship Captain.

I hate to break this to you. but no amount of money can achieve that one (at least not currently).

I hate to break this to you. but no amount of money can achieve that one (at least not currently).

BUT... if money were no object and reasearch could be conducted without budgetary constraint, I'm thinking by the time I'm Jean-Luc's age, we should have 'em.

Lily,

You are correct but we can all dream :)

And I'm sure with an infinite resource pool we could find a way :P

Don't get me wrong, it would be great for sure.

Personally, I'd like to become a Jedi Knight. So far though, the only 'mind powers' I've been able to perfect have to do with influencing dogs (not humans).

With a infinite budget you could probably invent something that resembles jedi powers or even gives you eternal youth :P

Id feed and cloth the world... Not one person excluded, NOT ONE!

Then.... ill party - My shout...

Edited by The Id3al Experience
  • Like 3

idk not much would change for me, not because i have alot of money already it just doesnt have to do with anything im truly interested in. i would still try to achieve my goals.

Ask yourself. What would you do with your life if money was no object?

To be honest, I don't know. Money is nice and naturally I wish I had more of it but my life would still be just as meaningless as before.

Edited by Ryu

One of the things I would do is quit my job & travel, and take as many family as I could with me. I've been working for 40 years, being responsible, paying attention, paying bills, raising kids, doing volunteer work. Every now & then we need to take care of ourselves first, to refresh & replenish.

• Like 1

Knowing the whole world by traveling is ambitious. Just because the spot on the map already has a name wouldn't make me any less of an explorer or any less of an achievement getting there.

i would go fishing and hunting all over the world, and wander through old ruins when i wasn't fishing and or hunting. ( i haven't used my Camera in several years due to deteriorating eye sight but if money was no object i could get that fixed too.)

• Like 1

I'd set up a hostel for homeless people, primarily to get them off the streets for the night, but then to give them the support they need through the different agencies so they stay off the street. Many homeless people have a mental disorder so they need support from a care team and it would be easier for them to get treated if they had a place in a hostel. I'd ask for help from volunteers from healthcare and social care professionals who have retired and give the homeless people a chance to get out of the rut they have gotten into. I have been homeless and a hostel saved my life.

Plus....I'd buy a really blingy necklace ;)

• Like 2