Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

random question

Sheep Say Meep

no because ghosts are not real, when you die thats it

• Like 3

I'm sure I'd become a ghost if one day I die while being at the stripclub. Haunting a stripclub, how great would that be ??

Seriously ghosts are not real and simply a creation of our brain/imagination, don't worry about it.

What if when you die, some energy isn't transformed and remains behind, and thats what we think of as ghosts? Maybe ghosts are just the remnants of someone, but not actually beings that are still capable of thought, freewill, etc...

• Like 2

What if when you die, some energy isn't transformed and remains behind, and thats what we think of as ghosts? Maybe ghosts are just the remnants of someone, but not actually beings that are still capable of thought, freewill, etc...

Possible, even a skeptic like me will agree. However since we have no evidence that this could be true ( can't believe that we have still no evidence that ghosts are real yet we are in 2012 ) then I strongly believe that ghosts are nothing more than a creation of our brain and nothing else. Believers can say what they want, the truth is that we still don't have any evidence that Ghosts are remnants of dead human beings.

• Like 3

Alright, but if ghosts are just a creation of our brain, how would that explain events where several people witness the same ghost phenomena? Or how about when its recorded (audio/ video)?

A popular theory has it that the spirits of those who've died violently remain on earth until justice has been served or they've received a decent burial. This may, of coruse, have its origins in times when everyone believed that it was essential to receive he last rites and be absovled of one's Sins, and that if one didn't have the chance to do that then one remained in Limbo until things could be sorted out.

• Like 3

I believe that ghosts are remains of dead person's energy. And if I die I'll probably be the funny ghost who hides someone's keys under the bed and everything. I'm sure I have one in my room... can't find my keys for anything.

• Like 1

Never underestimate the power of the human brain, young friend. And what about mass hysteria ?? or Electromagnetic fields ?? I agree, cases where more than on person allegedly saw a ghost are the most interesting, sadly I don't recall one showing without a doubt that Hauntings are real.

About audio/video: Please name me one credible case where we can be sure that a Ghost(s) was caught on tape or where we can be sure that a spirit's voice was recorded ?? Sorry, there's none. A lot of the so-called "legendary" cases of Ghost being caught on film are not credible, either hoaxes or mistaken witnesses.

Just how I see this. I've read about alleged hauntings since I'm 14 years old, I still haven't read one single credible story showing me that Ghosts/Hauntings are real.

• Like 3

I think if you take your own life, in other words go before you are meant to, then you are more likely to remain in some form or other, obviously not as a living person. I have experienced a haunting myself, caused by a suicide, and from what I have heard this is not uncommon. Anyone else had a simliar experience?

• Like 2

I believe that ghosts are remains of dead person's energy. And if I die I'll probably be the funny ghost who hides someone's keys under the bed and everything. I'm sure I have one in my room... can't find my keys for anything.

But what kind of energy? Their thoughts? Emotions? And how can these remain, and become separate from the body?

A lot of people lose their keys...

• Like 1

Never underestimate the power of the human brain, young friend. And what about mass hysteria ?? or Electromagnetic fields ?? I agree, cases where more than on person allegedly saw a ghost are the most interesting, sadly I don't recall one showing without a doubt that Hauntings are real.

Interesting you should mention Electromognatic fields. It's another of my theories (backed up by absolutely no scientific proof at all :D) that a whole range of phenomenomenana (Ghosts, perhaps some Cryptids, maybe some UFO sightings) might all be some kind of manifestation of the same phenomena; a product of some kind of localised electromagnetic anomaly, or, if you like, a disturbance in the Force. Different peopel may well see it in different ways according to their expectations or their particular area of interest (some people might interpret it as a Ghost, someone else as a mysterious Animals, or someone else as a UFO, for instance). (or a Skeptic might call it Plasma.) But there is something that they see, something external and not just inside their Head. And this something may have some kind of intelligence behind it; all these things do often seem to interact with people or behave in ways that suggest an intelligence behind it.

• Like 1

About audio/video: Please name me one credible case where we can be sure that a Ghost(s) was caught on tape or where we can be sure that a spirit's voice was recorded ?? Sorry, there's none. A lot of the so-called "legendary" cases of Ghost being caught on film are not credible, either hoaxes or mistaken witnesses.

Just how I see this. I've read about alleged hauntings since I'm 14 years old, I still haven't read one single credible story showing me that Ghosts/Hauntings are real.

Well its not mass hysteria if everyone saw it at the same moment. I'll look into it though, I do realize there're a lot of hoaxes but in my opinion some of them have to be real.

I think if you take your own life, in other words go before you are meant to, then you are more likely to remain in some form or other, obviously not as a living person. I have experienced a haunting myself, caused by a suicide, and from what I have heard this is not uncommon. Anyone else had a simliar experience?

Yes, that's a theory that rather goes with the idea of 'going before they were supposed to', and again, for the same reason, that they didn't have time to be prepared properly for the journey into the Hereafter.

Interesting you should mention Electromognatic fields. It's another of my theories (backed up by absolutely no scientific proof at all :D) that a whole range of phenomenomenana (Ghosts, perhaps some Cryptids, maybe some UFO sightings) might all be some kind of manifestation of the same phenomena; a product of some kind of localised electromagnetic anomaly, or, if you like, a disturbance in the Force. Different peopel may well see it in different ways according to their expectations or their particular area of interest (some people might interpret it as a Ghost, someone else as a mysterious Animals, or someone else as a UFO, for instance). (or a Skeptic might call it Plasma.) But there is something that they see, something external and not just inside their Head. And this something may have some kind of intelligence behind it; all these things do often seem to interact with people or behave in ways that suggest an intelligence behind it.

Still... what would that intelligent thing/ entity be? Are you thinking extradimensional? extraterrestrial?

I sure hope there are "ghosts" and such, else my pointless life is even more pointless. :passifier:

• Like 1

But what kind of energy? Their thoughts? Emotions? And how can these remain, and become separate from the body?

A lot of people lose their keys...

Don't take that "key joke" too seriostly. I was actually making fun of myself, losing my keys twice a day.

And to your question. If I'd be able to answer you, I'll be like the most famous explorer of all time. My theory - it's remain of spirit that I believe we have.

Still... what would that intelligent thing/ entity be? Are you thinking extradimensional? extraterrestrial?

Perhaps extradimensional would be the best word; some kind of intelligence that exists alongside us all the time, but only from time to time kind of intersects with our world. This might also be what people referred to as 'fairies' in the old days or the 'little people'. I'm thinking kind of along the lines of the idea that we know there's only a certain spectrum of light that we can see, or sound that we can hear; what if it's the same with reality?

• Like 1

I sure hope there are "ghosts" and such, else my pointless life is even more pointless. :passifier:

Life is pointless, regardless if there's a form of life after death. We're born, we spend most of our lives trying to survive in a cruel world, then we die :D

Once in a while some one will think their life has meaning because they contribute to society. But in the end, the human race will eventually become extinct, and everything we have strived for will be left behind to gather dust (or be destroyed if something happens to the planet, like a giant meteor or whatevah)

Perhaps extradimensional would be the best word; some kind of intelligence that exists alongside us all the time, but only from time to time kind of intersects with our world. This might also be what people referred to as 'fairies' in the old days or the 'little people'. I'm thinking kind of along the lines of the idea that we know there's only a certain spectrum of light that we can see, or sound that we can hear; what if it's the same with reality?

Unfortunately, I don't know much about other dimensions or fairies... but its an interesting idea that we can't understand all of reality from a human perspective.

Life is pointless, regardless if there's a form of life after death. We're born, we spend most of our lives trying to survive in a cruel world, then we die :D

Once in a while some one will think their life has meaning because they contribute to society. But in the end, the human race will eventually become extinct, and everything we have strived for will be left behind to gather dust (or be destroyed if something happens to the planet, like a giant meteor or whatevah)

hey its happy time lets paarrtay, oh hang on i'll go get the cyanide being as life is so pointless, bloody hell cheer up

• Like 2

I haven't had a similar experience, but I'd love to hear about yours if you are willing to share it (and not to tear it to pieces, sweetie; I have a very open mind).

I think I believe in ghosts. I sort of believe the ghost of my dead cat still lingers around in my house.

Those who die in a violent or unexpected way seem to leave ghosts of themselves around. That would be my answer to the OP's question.

It must be boring being a ghost, though. They seem to do the same thing over and over.

As for this being a pointless life... I think the point is to have children so they can have pointless lives. This is a sort of revenge in a way, and makes us feel better. No one likes to suffer alone.

Edited by StarMountainKid
  • Like 1

hey its happy time lets paarrtay, oh hang on i'll go get the cyanide being as life is so pointless, bloody hell cheer up

being cynical doesn't make me depressed... I'm quite happy for the most part.

• Like 1

I think I believe in ghosts. I sort of believe the ghost of my dead cat still lingers around in my house.

Those who die in a violent or unexpected way seem to leave ghosts of themselves around. That would be my answer to the OP's question.

It must be boring being a ghost, though. They seem to do the same thing over and over.

I agree that those who die violently or unexpectedly seem to leave ghosts of themselves... thats exactly why I suggested that there might be a mess up in the final transfer of energy in the moment of death, which would leave behind a "ghost". I really wish I could do some sort of scientific experiment to prove this, or the existence of ghosts, but I really don't know how I'd accomplish that.

Also, the fact that many ghosts just do the same thing over and over adds to my theory that ghosts may not actually be entities who can think or have free will... they're just accidents if you will, when the exchange of energy is screwed up. But then that just raises more questions. What scews up the exchange of energy in violent and unexpected deaths?