Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Indiana Jones

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1    Starlyte

Starlyte

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,657 posts

• Wisdom begins in wonder.
    --Socrates

Posted 23 October 2003 - 04:06 PM

Finally, after all of these years of waiting we can now purchase the entire set (plus the extra 4th disc).  I cannot wait to purchase it!

Indiana Jones Arrives on DVD

The Wait is Over

For years, the cinematic adventures of Indiana Jones have been among the most requested titles for the DVD format, and now, the long wait is finally over.  The classic trilogy of Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade are now available in a four-disc boxed set which restores the films to their highest quality and includes in-depth archival material for a look behind-the-scenes.

To commemorate the release, on October 11, Lucasfilm Ltd. and Paramount Pictures held a press party at the American Film Institute (AFI) offices in Hollywood. Hosted by Lucasfilm's VP of Marketing Jim Ward, the event began with demonstrations of the newly remastered films, and featured excerpts from the extensive documentary material found on the fourth disc. The press had a chance to hear from Producer Frank Marshall, DVD Producer Laurent Bouzereau, film restoration expert Jim Lowry of Lowry Digital Images, and Paramount's Senior VP of DVD Production, Jeff Radoycis.

user posted image

Alongside the behind-the-scenes people were the "Women of Indiana Jones." Actresses Karen Allen (Marion Ravenwood), Kate Capshaw (Willie Scott) and Alison Doody (Dr. Elsa Schneider) recounted anecdotes from production, and voiced their thoughts on the newly restored classic films. A surprise visit from Indiana Jones himself -- Harrison Ford dressed in the famous fedora and jacket -- rounded out the event.

The four-disc set is now available in both full screen and widescreen editions. The action begins as soon as you pop in the DVDs, with newly animated menus that spotlight classic Indy moments, digitally filtered to achieve an illustrated style. This painterly look harkens back to nostalgic Pan-Am posters of the era, from a time when traveling across an ocean was the ultimate adventure.

Each film resides on its own disc, with the bonus material reserved for the fourth disc. This allocation of disc space preserves the films at the highest possible quality, a quality meticulously overseen by THX. The films themselves have been carefully restored by Lowry Digital Images, to clean up the ravages of time (For more information, see this story here).

"I feel so glad that we have the technology to restore all three of these films and preserve them on DVD," actress Karen Allen raved. "Over the years we have lost so many beautiful films, or the last prints have been destroyed and they're just gone. Here, we're preserving the films not just for the next generation, but the generations after that."

For the fourth disc, Producer Laurent Bouzereau had his work cut out for him to distill the treasures found in the Lucasfilm Archives into something special and worthy of the long wait. He has produced an all-new story -- a story of the beginnings of Indy as a character, and the making of these films. Executive Producer and Story Creator George Lucas had the foresight to document every step of the process, with a full-time documentary crew capturing the making of these movies, even though at the time, there may not have been a medium readily available for such a documentary.

Indiana Jones Official Site

The Earth has music for those who listen." - Shakespeare

Posted Image

#2    Benjo Koolzooie

Benjo Koolzooie

Psychic Spy

• 1,619 posts

• Pink is like red but not quite...

Posted 23 October 2003 - 04:45 PM

Ohh finally! I have them on Video but not Dvd.

Cherokee Warrior you've lost your battle that's for sure, but what you left behind is still shining.

#3    Ronin6th

Ronin6th

Psychic Spy

• 1,499 posts

Posted 24 October 2003 - 04:35 PM

Good...it's been a while I haven't seen The Last Crusade original.gif

Any news about Indy IV?

If you cannot be the First, be the One.

*Signature removed, exceeds permitted size guidelines - Click Here for details.

#4    quaneeri

quaneeri

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 101 posts

• Conspiracy Hunter

Posted 24 October 2003 - 05:43 PM

starlyte

I brought the box set today.

It has the three films, it also has an (extra DVD) the making of the films, it goes for about 2-hours.

Awesome.  thumbsup.gif  

#5    Benjo Koolzooie

Benjo Koolzooie

Psychic Spy

• 1,619 posts

• Pink is like red but not quite...

Posted 25 October 2003 - 09:20 AM

Excellent. I think I may get these with my birthday money eventually. whistling2.gif  

Cherokee Warrior you've lost your battle that's for sure, but what you left behind is still shining.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users