Everything I stated there was fact, something you yourselves don't deny. I'm well aware of "good ol' southern white boys" since I have members in my own family that are. If you really want the sources then I will, but why bother really if you'll just slap the label of "democratically biased" on everything. None the less, I'll post sources if you truly wish. I'm not out for a fight, I'm just stating facts, and if people don't like that then so be it. I'm used to this kind of treatment from conservatives like yourselves. I wasn't looking for any enemies, but if you wanna call me that then so be it. It's not like I haven't had any enemies before.
Here are FACTS...
- The penalty/tax will be phased in from 2014 to 2016.
- The minimum penalty/tax in 2016 will be $695 per person and up to 3-times that per family. After 2016, these amounts will increase at the rate of inflation.
- The minimum penalty/tax per person will start at $95 in 2014 (and then increase through 2016)
- No family will ever pay more than 3X the per-person penalty, regardless of how many people are in the family.
- The $695 per-person penalty is only for those who make between $9,500 and ~$37,000 per year. If you make less than ~$9.500, you're exempt. If you make more than ~$37,000, your penalty is calculated by the following formula...
- The penalty is 2.5% of any household income above the level at which you are required to file a tax return. That level is currently $9,500 per person and $19,000 per couple. The penalty on any income above that is 2.5%. So the penalty can get expensive quickly if you make a lot of money.
- However, the penalty can never be more than the cost of a "Bronze" heath insurance plan purchased through one of the state "exchanges" that will be created as part of Obamacare. The CBO estimates that these policies will cost $4,500-$5,000 per person and $12,000-$12,500 per family in 2016, with the costs rising thereafter.
- Giving Medicaid doctors a pay raise—for two years. Obamacare increases the payment rate for Medicaid primary care doctors up to Medicare payment levels in 2013 and 2014. After those two years, Medicaid doctors will face about a 22 percent payment cut.
- Giving more government money to low-income Americans in the exchanges than to those in Medicaid. The Congressional Budget Office estimates that every low-income individual who chooses to enroll in the new exchanges instead of Medicaid will increase federal spending by roughly $3,000 in 2022, because exchange subsidies will be more generous than the cost of coverage in Medicaid.
- Using Medicare money to pay for Obamacare. Medicare’s finances are in serious trouble, facing a long-term unfunded obligation of $37 trillion and a bankrupt trust fund by 2024. Despite these facts, Obamacare cuts Medicare by $716 billion and then uses that money to pay for new spending rather than putting the money back into a struggling Medicare program.
- Forcing religious organizations to provide birth control coverage. The Obama Administration refuses to exempt all religious employers from its mandate to provide coverage and pay for contraception, sterilization, and abortion-inducing drugs despite religious or moral objections to doing so.
All that aside.... MY personal issue with obamacare is that its the government forcing me to buy a product and if I dont buy the product I get punished with taxes or "penalties". It is not the governments place to force me into anything especially where buying a product is concerned. I happen to pay for my own medical expenses as they happen, I like my current setup and in the last 13 years, I havent had an issue with it at all.