Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

psychics/Mediums

spagbol

Hi,

I am new here so forgive me if this has been discussed

I myself am a believer I have seen and I can open myself to spirit but im not fantastic at it and I am skeptical of some things.

Anyway what I want to know is why if people are mediums/psychics do we have lots of unsolved crimes/missing peeople surely spirit would go to someone and tell them where their body is etc?

hope that makes sense

I've seen a host of docos that claim they do solve crimes - Ever heard of Psychic Detectives?

Whether or not they are for real is another issue.

Hi,

Ive seen that program and I am a big fan of medium however what I am getting at is if it were for real why are there still so many unsolved

as an example the madaline mccan case? why hasnt a spirit said to some psychic somewhere 'i know where she is she is........'

Hi, I answer only with opinion from my own personal studies.

Divination exists, to deny it.... Is ignorance, given all the evidence from the dawn of time to present. The spirits, or wherever it is that feeds the information.... Is deceiving and inconsistent. In knowing this, it is safe to assume in some way we cannot explain... "What ever it is"... Chooses to remain covert in the wake of Science. Hence.,. "No psychic

Lotto winners".

Divination exists, to deny it.... Is ignorance,

Then call me ignorant because I whole-heartedly refute and deny its validity.

Anyways..in answer to Spagbol's question, the reason there are so many unsolved cases despite all the so-called "psychics" is because they rely on guesses and hit-and-miss.

In other words psychics cannot solve any crimes just by staring at a few cards or some lump of pretty stone. they go by unreliable "feelings" then when they are wrong they blame it on having a "bad" day or blame some other silly and usually irrelevant circumstance.

Maybe the body wasn't meant to be found, it wasn't something that was going to happen so they don't see it. That's one of those things we could guess on all day is why you can have clear visions about some things but get nothing on others.

like Judeaous this is mainly opinion from personal experience and research. I am not a medium or a spiritualist, for good reason, I am however an actual psychic. The differences between the two is mediums and spiritualists are an extension of being a psychic. They choose the route of inviting things in and following thing out respectively. From what I understand they think they're following or inviting spirits and guides, and maybe a few are, but most aren't. Either way, it gives things influence on their bodies, but that's getting off track.

The reason why I bring this up is because as was mentioned beforehand the things they follow are deceptive and lie often, that combined with a lot of other things probably means they don't help that often lol. As to psychics that aren't these two professions, most probably don't have the talents that would help specifically in the field. Then you got the fact that a lot of them probably don't know that they may be psychic (you live with it your entire life you think it's normal). Add onto that psychics that actually help are regarded with constant suspicion if they actually get it right, after all how did they get that information besides maybe being an accomplice? And finally, many that are psychic, including me, like living in anonymity, how many people would consider you crazy if you tried to convince them of anything? Why would they want to extend their neck for the chopping block?

Anyway, just thought I'd add my piece lol

• Like 3

like Judeaous this is mainly opinion from personal experience and research. I am not a medium or a spiritualist, for good reason, I am however an actual psychic. The differences between the two is mediums and spiritualists are an extension of being a psychic. They choose the route of inviting things in and following thing out respectively. From what I understand they think they're following or inviting spirits and guides, and maybe a few are, but most aren't. Either way, it gives things influence on their bodies, but that's getting off track.

The reason why I bring this up is because as was mentioned beforehand the things they follow are deceptive and lie often, that combined with a lot of other things probably means they don't help that often lol. As to psychics that aren't these two professions, most probably don't have the talents that would help specifically in the field. Then you got the fact that a lot of them probably don't know that they may be psychic (you live with it your entire life you think it's normal). Add onto that psychics that actually help are regarded with constant suspicion if they actually get it right, after all how did they get that information besides maybe being an accomplice? And finally, many that are psychic, including me, like living in anonymity, how many people would consider you crazy if you tried to convince them of anything? Why would they want to extend their neck for the chopping block?

Anyway, just thought I'd add my piece lol

Your statement mirrors my point about the... "fear of being labeled crazy"...that the "scientific field of Psychology" has inadvertently brought upon the public. This un-spoken about "power"

Psychology has over the supernaturalist community has to be curtailed. Try not to fear public opinion, it puts us at a grave dis-advantage. It's time we take the sorcery "out of the dungeon".

Sent from my iPhone

• 4 weeks later...

Meh - If you are actually psychic and can predict things with even a small percentage of accuracy no one is going to think you are crazy. Another example of someone claiming special powers that they just can't share for one of the "3 big reasons."

1. - zomg I will instantly become a lab rat, scientists will cage me and study me....

2. - It's a gift that is too personal to exploit just to show others - if you're not a "sensitive" you just won't understand...

3 - zomg if I actually show people that I have special powers I will be deemed crazy and locked away...

It's amazing how patented the responses have become: different psychic, different power, diiferent poster same ol responses. They're practically built in to the genere at this point.

Let me try ....."Will we ever see evidence of a someone with REAL paranormal powers of any kind come forward with evidence?"

..."magic 8 ball says....try again later "

Edited by CakeOrDeath

• 4 weeks later...

There are 'true' psychics and the 'fakes'.

The 'fakes' muddle up the police investigation and upset family and friends of the victim.

Some psychics can 'tune in' and find out what happened in a crime, however there are several problems associated with this. One of them is being able to convince the authorities to search, dig, and otherwise go to the area where the crime has been committed. Calling an investigator and saying 'I had a dream about...' doesn't do the trick.

So, if a psychic can't convince the investigator then they are left with trying to solve the crime themselves or convince the victim's family.

Solving a crime can be difficult without the right equipment, not to mention health, travel, funds, etc. All this would affect the psychic being able to physically 'solve the crime' themselves.

Contacting the victim's family is not something most people would take lightly. A true psychic may contact a family only to find out that they are one of many psychics who have contacted the family. Enter the 'fake' psychics who will do and say anything for the reward money. Now, everything's muddied up and the family doesn't know who to believe. The 'true' psychic is back to square one.

I personally believe psychics would be very beneficial in solving crimes. The trick would be finding a real one among all the fakes.

• Like 1

Hi, I answer only with opinion from my own personal studies.

Divination exists, to deny it.... Is ignorance, given all the evidence from the dawn of time to present. The spirits, or wherever it is that feeds the information.... Is deceiving and inconsistent. In knowing this, it is safe to assume in some way we cannot explain... "What ever it is"... Chooses to remain covert in the wake of Science. Hence.,. "No psychic

Lotto winners".

Maybe the lotto winners are psychic but they don't tell their secret because they know they'd be hounded to death.

eta: If you interested in learning more, you might want to google:

1) Peter Hurkos

2) Uri Geller

I guess there's still debate as to whether they are/were genuine or not.

Edited by Gummug
  • Like 1

Hey, I gave all the complete details of a murder of a child to my family and friends I just couldn't get the name of the place she was buried. I could see it but didn't know where. I of course got treated as weird as usual until a few weeks later when the police arrested the suspects and released the details.

So if family even treat you like that imagine the police?

I did report to crime stoppers a boys burial spot and how they'd find him, he'd been haunting me for years and I felt he just wanted me to try so I did. I felt like the crime stoppers team must get so many calls they do treat you like 'whatever', I felt stupid as I couldn't know if I was correct but I really felt the boys spirit pushing me to do it. Sadly but happily for the family his body was found a few weeks later and a man is going to court soon. The first part they found was a sneaker sticking up out of mud and water just like I'd been seeing for years. I doubt I helped but I don't feel him around anymore, I guess his spirit can move on now.

Also you have no idea how it is to be shown and feel what is happening especially when it's a child involved. At least with the boy I know he was out of it before the worst things happened to him.

Edited by Tia

... the reason there are so many unsolved cases despite all the so-called "psychics" is because they rely on guesses and hit-and-miss.

This is correct, in my opinion. Psychic links and mediumship are very hit-and-miss.

There is no telephone line to the other side! It has often been likened to listening for birdsong in a gale.

It relies on there being someone to communicate with, plus imagination, symbolism, memories, narrative skills, and the psychic/medium having a 'good' day.

Some days you can do crosswords, or sudoku, or run a marathon — Some days you can't.

Edit: Grammar corrected.

Edited by acute alan