Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bhangarh: India's most haunted Place

josan4you

Bhangarh is a deserted town with some 10000 dwellings established in 1573. Bhangarh was abandoned soon after being built and supposedly after it was cursed by a magician. At that time, Bhangarh had a population of over 10,000. Now, not a soul lives in the ruined. Today Bhangarh is known for its ruins where nobody dares to go after dark,

http://www.mysteryofindia.com/2014/07/bhangarh-indias-most-haunted-place.html

• Like 1

Well it sure does look like a very creepy place.It must be real scary when the lights go out.

Even government of India has put up a board on the fort gate. and warn people to get in during night.

Lo

Even government of India has put up a board on the fort gate. and warn people to get in during night.

I 2nd this.

It certainly looks interesting but theres not much evidence of haunting beyond old tales

If they won't allow people to stay overnight how will they ever prove its haunted. Maybe because it isn't and they don't want that discovered.

Still a beautiful place and I would love to see it.

don't know what goverment is trying to hide... or it is really haunted????

The Indian government has bigger fish to fry than hiding some supposedly haunted place (Hopefully). Lot of places are illegal and prohibited in India, it doesn't mean a damn thing because not everyone there follows the rules, and the Indian government is not particularly good at enforcing rules.

So does thee playground at the end of my street. Can you perhaps think of any reason other than 'ghosts' that they municipalities might do this?

Yea but not because they believe they are in danger of being beat up by ghosts. It's an historically important site, I'm sure they don't want people camping or dossing there, ruining the site.

• Like 1

This looks both spooky and wonderful. I can understand the authorities putting up a sign to keep people from trashing the place, herders from allowing their flocks to use it as a toilet or otherwise degrading what is left of this truly awesome site. The story behind it is interesting enough and I wonder of is the authorities here are relying on superstition and the fear of malevolent forces/spirits so they don't have to actually enforce anything.

Still, its a good read and definitely a place I would want to check out!

Edited by Coralie

Yea but not because they believe they are in danger of being beat up by ghosts. It's an historically important site, I'm sure they don't want people camping or dossing there, ruining the site.

If there is not any ghost then they can make this location as Tourist Place.... They can earn good money from it.

Why they don't allow anyone to get inside. Free it

If there is not any ghost then they can make this location as Tourist Place.... They can earn good money from it.

Why they don't allow anyone to get inside. Free it

Having been to numerous historical sites in India, it's better off prohibited,

According to the article, the site isn't outright prohibited

fort gate that prohibits tourists to stay inside the fort area after sunset and before sunrise

Seems fair enough to me. The same goes for many other sites in India I've been to, usually closed to visitors After 9 PM.

• Like 2

Having been to numerous historical sites in India, it's better off prohibited,

According to the article, the site isn't outright prohibited

Seems fair enough to me. The same goes for many other sites in India I've been to, usually closed to visitors After 9 PM.

I think u r right

Crow is right, sunup to sundown is fairly common with tourism in a lot of places, not just India. In the states, a lot of parks and cemeteries have that general rule. To my understanding a lot of ruin kinds of tourist sites in Europe have this rule too.

I am pretty sure it has to do with being able to enforce the site. Like preventing camping/squatting, partying and fires.... just to general safety like tripping over something or falling off something.