Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Arming Civilian Army With Recent Purchases

OverSword

Remember when Obama said this? I do and couldn't believe the cheering from the Obamabots after he said it:

“We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives we’ve set. We’ve got to have a civilian national security force that’s just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded.”

Well at least he trusts me as much as I trust him :innocent:

So anyway, the thrust of the article here is that he is once again keeping a campaign promise and arming that civilian national security force, otherwise known as the Department of Homeland Security, and training our local police forces to come under thier command when it seems necessary.

From the article:

Retired US Army Captain Terry Michael Hestilow wrote an open letter and posted it to Facebook concerning the recent purchases by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).

Hestilow directed the letter to Senator John Cornyn. In the letter Hestilow said: “It is with gravest concern that I write to you today concerning the recent appropriation of weapons by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) that can only be understood as a bold threat of war by that agency, and the Obama administration, against the citizens of the United States of America. . . . The Obama administration is deliberately defunding, overextending, and hollowing the Department of Defense; the only legitimate agency of the U.S. government with a war mission.”

Hestilow went on to explain: “This act of the Obama administration stands as a glaring threat of war against our nation’s citizens! This act of the Obama administration can only be understood as a tyrannical threat against the Constitution of the United States of America! If left unresolved, the peace loving citizens who have sworn to defend the United States Constitution ‘against all enemies, both foreign and domestic’ are left no option except to prepare to defend themselves, and the U.S. Constitution, against this Administration’s ‘coup’ against the People and the foundations of liberty fought for and defended for the past 238 years. We have no choice if we honor our oaths.”

Hestilow demanded that DHS “immediately surrender their newly appropriated weapons of war to the Department of Defense (DoD). Further, since the DHS has assumed a position in the Administration to enforce the tyrannical acts of this president against the People of the United States against the limits of the United States Constitution, it remains for the United States Congress to exercise its limiting power in the balancing of powers established by our founding fathers, to disestablish and dissolve the DHS as soon as possible.”

http://occupycorporatism.com/are-dhs-arming-obamas-civilian-army-with-recent-ammo-purchases/

Thoughts?

120330dhs.jpg

• Like 3

Department of Homeland Security huh? Hitler called his version - the Sturmabteilung, and if they didn't like you, they used to come and break your windows!

• Like 4

All this extremist talk makes no sense. I'm sure there are a lot of extremist groups out there and I'm sure a few of them have ill intentions. However, as many extremists as there may be, the billions of rounds of hollow point ammo and all the other props of war that are being bought up sounds a hell of a lot like overkill to handle small sporadic extremists actions. It's almost as if they want to embroil the masses into taking extreme actions against the Feds so that they have a reason to show US who's who with force. Either that or they are about to start labeling everybody with a view that opposes the administrations as an extremist which will be a hell of a lot of US which in effect will embroil us into being extreme... I don't know but it seems fishy. Anyone ever ask you or vice-versa why you're cranky when you don't think you are and then they keep saying you're being cranky until finally you snap and say alright if you want me to be cranky then I'll be cranky and a stupid argument ensues? Yea, kind of like that is how they'll embroil US.

Edited by -Mr_Fess-
  • Like 2

For those that mock preppers, I put it to you, DHS is the biggest prepper in the nation.

Ask yourself, with all the tens of thousands of tanks and billions of rounds of ammo, just who are they prepping for?

Write your senators and congressmen. Demand that DHS turn all of thier equipment over to the DOD, the entity which is supposed to defend us. Demand that they Disband the SS errr I mean DHS.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 4

And the hits just keep on coming...

• Like 1

Still would prefer to live int he US... We can't even defend ourselves against our government, we are fully enslaved.

Edited by Coffey
  • Like 6

Coffey, I liked your post but not because you are enslaved.

I know what you meant by liking my post, don't worry. lol

We can't even defend ourselves against our government

That's not entirely true. We proved that against your government a long time ago. Granted those were different times with different weaponry but when all hope is lost there are only two options. Succumb or Fight. I know it's not easy and no one wants to throw the first punch but just remember they've got no problem punching you every day. Problem is these governments make it just comfortable enough to ensure complacency. That way they stay clear of the mark of dictatorship though they're standing right next to it.

• Like 2

I greatly admire Hestilow, and thank him for taking a stand! :tu:

If it weren't for the deception of 911, we would not even HAVE the cursed DHS.

• Like 2

That's not entirely true. We proved that against your government a long time ago. Granted those were different times with different weaponry but when all hope is lost there are only two options. Succumb or Fight. I know it's not easy and no one wants to throw the first punch but just remember they've got no problem punching you every day. Problem is these governments make it just comfortable enough to ensure complacency. That way they stay clear of the mark of dictatorship though they're standing right next to it.

True, but I don't think I'd stand much of a chance with my crossbow and Machete against an army with automatic weapons and tanks. I guess it comes down to what the military would do and if they would protect civilians or the government.

• Like 2

My question is this: Why do people believe that the government forming and arming the DHS is a sign that the government is about to enslave the people? I mean, if the government wanted to enslave the people, why would they have to arm the DHS to do it when they already have a fully equipped military that is capable of doing the same job?

My question is this: Why do people believe that the government forming and arming the DHS is a sign that the government is about to enslave the people? I mean, if the government wanted to enslave the people, why would they have to arm the DHS to do it when they already have a fully equipped military that is capable of doing the same job?

Probably because the "civilian army" will be indoctrinated and sworn to obey orders whereas the military is sworn to uphold and defend the constitution. I'm pretty sure the constitution says there shall be no standing army within our borders so a "civilian army" is already outside the confines of the constitution.

Anyways, I'll take from your question another question. Why does the DHS have to be armed with enough ammo to fight the Iraq war several times over? Hollow points aren't to be wasted on target practice.

• Like 1

If a Retired US Army Captain can see what is happening then why cant You or other people see it ?

And I doubt that he is a conspiracy theorist or wear's a tin foil hat (as people like to label people that say such things as) if anything he should know what he is talking about

• Like 1

Probably because the "civilian army" will be indoctrinated and sworn to obey orders whereas the military is sworn to uphold and defend the constitution.

Is the US military really indoctrinated to defend the constitution? I mean, how does this indoctrination happen? What does the military do that the DHS avoids to indoctrinate soldiers to defend the constitution?

I'm pretty sure the constitution says there shall be no standing army within our borders so a "civilian army" is already outside the confines of the constitution.

if the government wants to become tyrannical and enslave you, do you really think they'll carr about what the constitution says about there being no standing army within the US?
Anyways, I'll take from your question another question. Why does the DHS have to be armed with enough ammo to fight the Iraq war several times over? Hollow points aren't to be wasted on target practice.

The Iraq war was characterized by mainly IEDs. To assume that the Iraq war is an accurate benchmark for how much ammo would be used in a true war against a standing army would be wrong.

As for why they did buy all that ammo? I don't know. Could be a number of reasons. I don't know which one. I just don't see why the DHS purchasing ammo automatically means they're out to enslave you.

Because the armed forces of the US take an oath to defend the constitution of the United States of America against all enemies both foreign and domestic. The civilian (police) force of the Department of Homeland Security likely have a different oath and are probably more loyal to thier paycheck

Now I just read your response where you say: if the government wants to become tyrannical and enslave you, do you really think they'll carr about what the constitution says about there being no standing army within the US?

So do you think that your answer shows that they really don't give a darn about our constitution perhaps? And as far as enslave, who said anything about enslave, when you are using bullets and tanks you merely enslave the survivors. If it was only about enslavement they've done a thorough job of that with the criminal ponzi banking and tax system that we are already for the most part enslaved by.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1

Because the armed forces of the US take an oath to defend the constitution of the United States of America against all enemies both foreign and domestic. T

In my opinion our military forces are in the process of being unbudgeted (so to speak) and spread so thin that if the time comes that military leaders feel that the so called civilian national security force must be resisted they will be very hard put to accomplish this.

• Like 1

Because the armed forces of the US take an oath to defend the constitution of the United States of America against all enemies both foreign and domestic. The civilian (police) force of the Department of Homeland Security likely have a different oath and are probably more loyal to thier paycheck

Now I just read your response where you say: if the government wants to become tyrannical and enslave you, do you really think they'll carr about what the constitution says about there being no standing army within the US?

So do you think that your answer shows that they really don't give a darn about our constitution perhaps? And as far as enslave, who said anything about enslave, when you are using bullets and tanks you merely enslave the survivors. If it was only about enslavement they've done a thorough job of that with the criminal ponzi banking and tax system that we are already for the most part enslaved by.

So the only thing that prevents a person from being used to force tyranny against their fellow American is an oath?

• Like 1

So the only thing that prevents a person from being used to force tyranny against their fellow American is an oath?

Answer that by telling me how you feel about your oath and the people who break it.

It makes me wonder if the 'downsizing' of the Armed Forces in the UK has a darker motive than merely a financial one. If insurrection appears on the streets of this country, the old question "Would troops take action against their own countrymen?" becomes irrelevant, because a foreign (EU) force could be employed to do the job, without much interference from the few British troops left!

• Like 3

It makes me wonder if the 'downsizing' of the Armed Forces in the UK has a darker motive than merely a financial one. If insurrection appears on the streets of this country, the old question "Would troops take action against their own countrymen?" becomes irrelevant, because a foreign (EU) force could be employed to do the job, without much interference from the few British troops left!

that is why tyrants always man thier police forces with non-local policemen, makes it easier for them to mistreat the people they are policing. Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2

Is the US military really indoctrinated to defend the constitution? I mean, how does this indoctrination happen? What does the military do that the DHS avoids to indoctrinate soldiers to defend the constitution?

if the government wants to become tyrannical and enslave you, do you really think they'll carr about what the constitution says about there being no standing army within the US?

The Iraq war was characterized by mainly IEDs. To assume that the Iraq war is an accurate benchmark for how much ammo would be used in a true war against a standing army would be wrong.

As for why they did buy all that ammo? I don't know. Could be a number of reasons. I don't know which one. I just don't see why the DHS purchasing ammo automatically means they're out to enslave you.

Oversword answered, the oath. Sure an oath is only words but there is a matter of man and integrity. It is important to many and engrained in their souls. Men of honor and integrity uphold their words, oaths and promises. The selfish and the cowardish follow their paychecks.

I used the comparison because one was made some time ago. Bullets are used in the war and someone figured the DHS has bought an amount of bullets equal to fighting the same war the same way for 25 years. You're worse than a woman with your aha and gotcha moments. Sorry ladies.

I don't know why either. I'm speculating and not automatically assuming anything. Just trying to have a conversation. The thing you always tell people is to stop acting like they can do something about it, whatever it is. Even if that were the case why do insist on telling everyone to sit down, shut up and take it? I know why we don't. It's called integrity.

Oversword answered, the oath. Sure an oath is only words but there is a matter of man and integrity. It is important to many and engrained in their souls. Men of honor and integrity uphold their words, oaths and promises.

So youre saying that an oath is the only thing keeping someone ethical?

An ethical man will be ethical regardless of an oath. An unethical man will also remain unethical regardless of oath.

No, I'm saying what you just said. You always want explanation after explanation. Some just get it and some don't. Why'd you dodge my question?

I do'nt belive that local police should be under the Fed's command. We pay them here. They should work for the area in which they are paid. I don't trust Obama. You know, the guy who wants to remove our rights to guns.

I also think that when it comes to warring between the civilians and the Fed, the civilians best asset is their police force. I know that there are police out there that are NOT willing to do the bidding of some yahoo politician, like the one in the Oval Office, so far removed from NORMAL society, dubiously housed in the skewed world of Washington, DC!!!!

And oh gods, the horrible people that come from the University of Chicago!! Leo Strauss comes to mind. What a horrible guy!!!

When the choice comes to choose between The Fed and The People, and it seems so much like that choice is coming, the average soldier and the average policeman are most likely to choose The People.

Edited by regeneratia
  • Like 1