Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

AS11 Astronauts give fake moon rock to dutch

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#16    starchy

starchy

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 03:07 PM

View PostMoonie2012, on 28 August 2009 - 03:01 PM, said:

or

3) Somebody made a mistake.

Looking at the body language from this post landing press conference, it might be the whole world that made a mistake.

#17    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 28 August 2009 - 03:08 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 28 August 2009 - 03:03 PM, said:

Shouldn't this be moved to the 'conspiracy' section? I'm very disappointed there's no severed brontosaurus head being hauled by a helicopter photo accompanying this subject.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Yep, wrong forum.

Seriously, Starchy... whats wrong?

Edited by Hazzard, 28 August 2009 - 03:09 PM.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#18    starchy

starchy

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 03:09 PM

Be interesting to get some carbon dating on that petrified wood eh?

#19    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 28 August 2009 - 03:13 PM

View Poststarchy, on 28 August 2009 - 03:09 PM, said:

Be interesting to get some carbon dating on that petrified wood eh?

Yes... or a photo of it, that someone morphed into a little urinating guy with a pointy blue hat.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#20    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 9,534 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 03:15 PM

A secret hologram experiment petrified wood spirit fairy?

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated."
- Hunt for the Skinwalker

"So many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own." Dr. Abraham Erskine

#21    Moonie2012

Moonie2012

Alien Abducter

• Banned
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 03:20 PM

View Poststarchy, on 28 August 2009 - 03:07 PM, said:

Looking at the body language from this post landing press conference, it might be the whole world that made a mistake.

What you perceive as strange body language = we didn't land on the moon. Riiiiight.

As for this "fake rock" - how about all the rest we gave out that were verified REAL?

Edited by Moonie2012, 28 August 2009 - 03:22 PM.

#22    BertL

BertL

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 03:22 PM

What the heck makes you think the AS11 Astronauts gave the fake moon rock to the Dutch? It was a US embassador who gave the rock to a Dutch ex-Prime Minister. The rock wasn't seen by the public until 2006, and scientists only had a chance to take a good look at it last month. They found out it was faked after two minutes. If anything, this shows that once scientists get their hands on something they do a great job at uncovering the truth. Two minutes with this rock showed it was fake; many hours with all of the real moon rocks show they are real.

Just because a US embassador gave a fake moon rock to an ex-Prime Minister doesn't mean Apollo 11 was fake. That's a giant leap (lame pun intended) you are making there.

Hello there.

#23    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 16,143 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 03:29 PM

Unbeliveable ! Where do pepole get this stuff?

This is a Work in Progress!

#24    Moonie2012

Moonie2012

Alien Abducter

• Banned
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 03:32 PM

View PostBertL, on 28 August 2009 - 03:22 PM, said:

What the heck makes you think the AS11 Astronauts gave the fake moon rock to the Dutch? It was a US embassador who gave the rock to a Dutch ex-Prime Minister. The rock wasn't seen by the public until 2006, and scientists only had a chance to take a good look at it last month. They found out it was faked after two minutes. If anything, this shows that once scientists get their hands on something they do a great job at uncovering the truth. Two minutes with this rock showed it was fake; many hours with all of the real moon rocks show they are real.

Just because a US embassador gave a fake moon rock to an ex-Prime Minister doesn't mean Apollo 11 was fake. That's a giant leap (lame pun intended) you are making there.

So I guess we also have

4) an individual (US or Dutch) stole the real rock and swapped it for a fake.

#25    Samael

Samael

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts

• Nothing happens in contradiction to nature, only in contradiction to what we know of it. - Dana Scully, The X-Files

Posted 28 August 2009 - 03:43 PM

Sorry, but I don't see that you have to be a fully-trained rock geek to know that wood is not moon rock :/

#26    flyingswan

flyingswan

Government Agent

• 3,708 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 03:43 PM

View PostMoonie2012, on 28 August 2009 - 03:32 PM, said:

So I guess we also have

4) an individual (US or Dutch) stole the real rock and swapped it for a fake.
Probably not.  NASA say they were not handing out moon rock souvenirs at the time.

There's already a thread in the conspiracy section on this:
http://www.unexplain...howtopic=162679

Edited by flyingswan, 28 August 2009 - 03:45 PM.

"Man prefers to believe what he prefers to be true" - Francis Bacon (1561-1626)
In which case it is fortunate that:
"Science is the best defense against believing what we want to" - Ian Stewart (1945- )

#27    Wookietim

Wookietim

Alien Abducter

• 4,907 posts

• Search on the Android App Store for "Mothras Unexplained Mysteries" for the app I am very proud of...

Posted 28 August 2009 - 03:44 PM

View Poststarchy, on 28 August 2009 - 02:54 PM, said:

Here we go, some possible evidence that the 1st Moon landing was faked. According to a dutch museum a moon rock given to them by Armstrong et al, was fake. Turns out it was a petrified piece of wood.
Either
1) They didnt go to the moon, and Nasa has conned the world.
2) The rock is from the moon, and indicates that trees once grew there. We know it has water, but could the moon have once have had an atmosphere,and trees.

http://news.bbc.co.u...ope/8226075.stm

So - let me get this straight - you think that the first moon landing was faked with almost surgical precision but when it came to claiming something was a rock from the moon they went to the trouble of finding a piece of petrified wood rather than a rock that would be much easier to find?

Come on - somebody at the museum just made a mistake.

#28    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 18,214 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 04:28 PM

Threads merged.

#29    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 10,266 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 28 August 2009 - 08:03 PM

View Postflyingswan, on 28 August 2009 - 03:43 PM, said:

Probably not.  NASA say they were not handing out moon rock souvenirs at the time.

There's already a thread in the conspiracy section on this:
http://www.unexplain...howtopic=162679

Hi Swanie,

Pardon my ignorance, but have they ever been handing out moon samples as souvenirs (and I am not considering a sample at the Smithsonian a souvenir)? Admittedly, I have not even googled it so my ignorance is not exactly excusable, but I was just curious and without the time to actually do the proper research at the present time.

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#30    Gravitorbox

Gravitorbox

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 10:22 PM

Fact of the matter is they have moon rocks on display that are, well, clearly moon rocks when put under any scientific scrutiny. This incident wouldn't make sense as a catalyst of "proof of the moon landing being hoaxed".

They could have easily given the Dutch something scientists agree were a moon rock.

Essentially what I'm saying is if this were a result of a deception on NASA's part to assist with the "faking of the moon landing" then it wouldn't have so obviously have been a piece of petrified wood; even to a casual observer one would look and not think "moon rock". Fact is, they really -have- moon rocks, in fact moon rocks were acquired from other sources not just the Apollo Missions. NASA and Soviet Space probes before the apollo missions brought back moon rocks (not in the vast quantities of the Apollo Missions however), and in the 1970's I believe they recovered a few from a meteor impact in Antarctica.

Point is, even if the Apollo Landings were faked they could have still supplied real moon rocks. So the way I see it, it's just a big mix up.

"Everything we did was criticized. For about thirty years we lived with the world against us, accusing us of things we didn't do!"

- Ian Douglas Smith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users