Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Recent UFO pic in the UK

Now I dont usually post stuff in favor of UFO pics,...but Im making an exception as it will no doubt arrive here anyway. So, a good pic of daylight UFO's - right?

UFO-4323928.jpg

part of the guys story says:

"The 42-year-old from Basingstoke said: "They were heading south-west at speed towards Basingstoke - quicker than any normal aircraft.

"They were there for less than five seconds."

But he still managed to snap them?

So now - a comment under the article points out...and I quote:

"Was making a call? Were there for 5 seconds? Keen interest in ET 's? Probably fake since on average it takes more than 5 seconds to locate and open the camera app then you have to line your phone up to focus and then theres the shutter speed to calculate. I think this is FAKED!"

Now I would tend to agree with that comment... you decide!!

Full story!

http://www.getreading.co.uk/news/local-news/did-you-spot-bracknell-ufo-4324607

• Like 4

Now I dont usually post stuff in favor of UFO pics,...but Im making an exception as it will no doubt arrive here anyway. So, a good pic of daylight UFO's - right?

UFO-4323928.jpg

part of the guys story says:

"The 42-year-old from Basingstoke said: "They were heading south-west at speed towards Basingstoke - quicker than any normal aircraft.

"They were there for less than five seconds."

But he still managed to snap them?

So now - a comment under the article points out...and I quote:

"Was making a call? Were there for 5 seconds? Keen interest in ET 's? Probably fake since on average it takes more than 5 seconds to locate and open the camera app then you have to line your phone up to focus and then theres the shutter speed to calculate. I think this is FAKED!"

Now I would tend to agree with that comment... you decide!!

Full story!

http://www.getreadin...ell-ufo-4324607

Frankly, I do not think the lights are fake, but definitely the explanation is. The lights to me looks like a reflection or some such, but what do I know :P

Cheers,

Badeskov

Edited by badeskov
  • Like 2

I tend to discount single photos these days, especially of lights in the sky, because of the ease of manipulation via computers and simple illusions.

I can get a clear photo of a jumbo jet with my camera phone and it's a fairly old phone. Now, unless I'm wildly off base here, either the UFOs are at the same height as the planes so they're visible to the human eye - and thus decernablely and object in flight, or they're too high to reflect anything even light (which is why we don't see satellites during the day) because of the ambient light from that big ball of burning gases.

• Like 3

just took me 8.5s to get my phne out, start the camera, point & shoot.

I can start the phone app by just pressing the shoot button, no messing around with menus, so 8.5s is pretty quick.....

• Like 3

I wouldn't put or base too much weight

on the mentioned '5' seconds ...

312184_414501698647850_873044111_n.png

usually in media reports and police reports exaggeration roams free .. same as fishing with the 'one' that got away ...

the lights in the picture posted doesn't look very far too me ... so most probably its not too large an object ... or objects...

would be nice to have the original file to look at closer ...

~

Edited by third_eye
  • Like 6

To me, it looks like the classic 'recessed ceiling lights reflected in the window' shot. Note that there are two similar but dim pairs of 'objects' in the sky to the lower left of the bright discs. Further reflections?

• Like 4

I tend to discount single photos these days,

My thoughts exactly...if a few frames existed of said shapes, lights, craft...moving across the image, then sure its worth examination.

• Like 1

To me, it looks like the classic 'recessed ceiling lights reflected in the window' shot. Note that there are two similar but dim pairs of 'objects' in the sky to the lower left of the bright discs. Further reflections?

the sky looks over cast ... don;t know what 8pm looks like over there but reflections won't hit that intensity in ambient conditions ... unless we have search lights shooting straight up ... but then the streams would show ...

~

• Like 1

I don't know what it is since I wasn't there but it doesn't look like a reflection, too overcast for that. Could be real, who knows with Photoshop. Lots of sightings over the years, don't think they are all making it up.

376301_400650613334350_607544880_n.jpg

I don't think they saw us .... or our space ship .... :lol:

~

• Like 2

The paper/media site in question is known locally for its poor reporting - note reporting not journalism.

If the user was practised in getting to the camera on this phone why didn't he shoot video? The photo is poor IQ, but certainly looks like light reflections in/on glass.

Surely someone reading this lives within a short drive? If so, can you let us know, and I'll make a few suggestions as to how you can be involved in a little analysis..

200mls i'm afraid chrlzs

Closer than me... Anyway, that only took a few minutes, so who knows who might turn up.. Maybe we should post some requests on some localised discussion boards..

For the record, the lights look exactly like reflected interior lights to me, suggesting that it was taken indoors behind glass in a fairly dim room lit by downlights. You cannot possibly tell whether the intensity of the lights is too bright or too dim - the outside ambient light could only be worked out by looking at the image's exif data (if any), and even then, internal lighting can easily appear as reflections even in bright sunny daylight. Happy to post examples if that is disputed..

Just another pub wanting attention, I'm guessing..

• Like 2

the sky looks over cast ... don;t know what 8pm looks like over there but reflections won't hit that intensity in ambient conditions ... unless we have search lights shooting straight up ... but then the streams would show ...

~

My apologies for not being clearer: the reflections I was talking about are those of ceiling lights in the room from which the picture was taken, reflected by the window through which the picture was taken.

My apologies for not being clearer: the reflections I was talking about are those of ceiling lights in the room from which the picture was taken, reflected by the window through which the picture was taken.

room ? are we looking at the same picture here ?

Steve Lambert was on the terrace at the front of the Running Horse Pub, London Road, making a phone call, when he spotted the discs over Harmans Water at 8pm.

~

Unless he was using zoom, that photo on GetReading is quite a crop compared with what would be seen from the pub's terrace - check Google Streetview for RG12 2UJ

Will see if I can get over there after work one day this week.

• Like 2

Exactly!! That's why I was hoping we could get someone actually there.

Like Oppono, I have my doubts about the location and angle of view of that image - it would be great if he can take a look and work out where it was really taken from..

Edited by Chrlzs
  • Like 1

just took me 8.5s to get my phne out, start the camera, point & shoot.

I can start the phone app by just pressing the shoot button, no messing around with menus, so 8.5s is pretty quick.....

And wheres the UFO pic? Its no use getting your kit out without getting a UFO in there somewhere!

make one up if you have to, like the others do. :whistle:

• Like 2

Is it just me or is there a recent rash of paranormal claims (ghosts, UFOs, objects moving without human intervention, etc.) from people in pubs in the UK? What gives?

• Like 1

Is it just me or is there a recent rash of paranormal claims (ghosts, UFOs, objects moving without human intervention, etc.) from people in pubs in the UK? What gives?

Pubs in the UK are closing at an alarming rate... You may have spotted a very negative positive correlation my friend. ;)

• Like 2

It looks like an internal light reflected off double glazing. You can see a yellow light reflect in the bottom left hand corner too.

• Like 2

Pubs in the UK are closing at an alarming rate... You may have spotted a very negative positive correlation my friend. ;)

well the ghosts are to do with new 'spirits' served in pubs not sure about the UFO part though :P

• Like 1