Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 5 votes

Shattering the Myths of Darwin's Theory

• Please log in to reply
236 replies to this topic

#106    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 3,920 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:57 PM

View Postthe L, on 25 September 2012 - 10:16 PM, said:

So... We became another spicies. In the end we are lizards once. Even bacteria.

So Polar bear could become sort of whale in given time.

A polar bear could hypothetically become an aquatic mammal given enough time, the right enviroment and pressures, yes. But it would never be a whale like those that you can go out and see in the oceans.

Edited by Imaginarynumber1, 25 September 2012 - 10:58 PM.

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

July 17th, 2008 (Full moon the next night)

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#107    Arbitran

Arbitran

Post-Singularitan Hyperturing Synthetic Intelligence

• 2,767 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:58 AM

View Postthe L, on 25 September 2012 - 10:16 PM, said:

So... We became another spicies. In the end we are lizards once. Even bacteria.

So Polar bear could become sort of whale in given time.

Yes, we all share common ancestry with ancient bacteria-like organisms, and all mammals are descended from reptilian ancestors. And yes, as I've already said, a population of polar bears, given time, could conceivably yield a population of cetacean-like animals. We've been over all this already.

Try to realize it's all within yourself / No-one else can make you change / And to see you're really only very small / And life flows on within you and without you. / We were talking about the love that's gone so cold and the people / Who gain the world and lose their soul / They don't know they can't see are you one of them? / When you've seen beyond yourself then you may find peace of mind / Is waiting there / And the time will come / when you see we're all one and life flows on within you and without you. ~ George Harrison

#108    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:29 AM

So we have fossil bones from H.h. ,which is diffrent spicies then we, and fossil bones of h.s.s. We  dont have transition fossil bones, you know bones between those two?
If so how do we concluded that H.h is our ancestor? We could say that for snail or platypus.

Edited by the L, 26 September 2012 - 04:31 AM.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#109    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:34 AM

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 25 September 2012 - 10:35 PM, said:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Do we have evidence in fossil bones for all these numbers or just 1 and 15?

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 25 September 2012 - 10:57 PM, said:

A polar bear could hypothetically become an aquatic mammal given enough time, the right enviroment and pressures, yes. But it would never be a whale like those that you can go out and see in the oceans.

But it would become diffrent spicies.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.

#110    RedSquirrel

RedSquirrel

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

• "I have no idea."
    Nex prius vestis!
    I am terminally curious.

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:36 AM

I know that I am hopping in late and that I most likely have very little to add to this.

But I will say that this video helped me understand and eventually accept evolution as a working model of reality.

I apologize if I have overstepped or restated something.

Posted Image   I support the majestic Pacific Northwest tree Octopus.

#111    Arbitran

Arbitran

Post-Singularitan Hyperturing Synthetic Intelligence

• 2,767 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:44 AM

View Postthe L, on 26 September 2012 - 04:29 AM, said:

So we have fossil bones from H.h. ,which is diffrent spicies then we, and fossil bones of h.s.s. We  dont have transition fossil bones, you know bones between those two?
If so how do we concluded that H.h is our ancestor? We could say that for snail or platypus.

We do have bones from in between. That's just when it gets to the point where you're not comprehending the concept of a continuum of organisms. We invented "species", for the purpose of simplifying the otherwise dizzying task of biological organization. Organisms come as individuals, and those individuals come in groups; breeding groups which stand alone, and are capable of breeding with each other, but not with other species, those we term "species". But as I've mentioned before, the definition is a bit plastic. For instance, separate species which are still sufficiently-closely-related can still interbreed, although with lesser success rates, and often infertile or sterile offspring (e.g., horse + donkey = mule; lion + tiger = liger/tigon; polar bear + brown bear = polar bear-brown bear hybrid). We have many of the intermediate fossils between H. heidelbergensis and Homo sapiens sapiens, but the distinction between the two becomes blurred after a point, and we often term these "archaic Homo sapiens". And no, a snail or a platypus cannot be said to be the ancestor of humans.

Try to realize it's all within yourself / No-one else can make you change / And to see you're really only very small / And life flows on within you and without you. / We were talking about the love that's gone so cold and the people / Who gain the world and lose their soul / They don't know they can't see are you one of them? / When you've seen beyond yourself then you may find peace of mind / Is waiting there / And the time will come / when you see we're all one and life flows on within you and without you. ~ George Harrison

#112    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

• 3,920 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:48 AM

View Postthe L, on 26 September 2012 - 04:34 AM, said:

Do we have evidence in fossil bones for all these numbers or just 1 and 15?
The numbers were just an example. An analogy. The numbers themselves have no meaning, I just made them up as a representation.
But they can apply to all speices. Imagine we find one bone. Say we give it  position X. We find more bones that are like us but more like X. We call it Y. We then find more bones that are less like Y but more like X, so we call it W. Looking at them all together we can see a progression from W to X to Y, etc.

But it would become diffrent spicies.

Looking at the number analogy, 1 is different from 10, yes. But the point is that we call 1-9 H. h while 10 and up we call H sapiens.
Again, just be clear, the numbers are just a made up example. I know you said that you were from Italy, I think, so I want to be very clear and try to avoid any language barrier.

Every animal is always changing from one child to the next. when enough changes have occurred, WE decide to call it another species. It's hard to say whom could have bred with whom without enough genetic evidence, but we can infer the changes from the bones that we have found. Obviously, it is not likely that those furthest removed could have bred, but it is very possible that there were later H. h. that could bred with the earliest examples of H. sapiens.

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

#113    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

• 3,920 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:58 AM

View Postthe L, on 26 September 2012 - 04:29 AM, said:

All speices are transitional. H.h. is the most like us and we can see how certain traits have progressed from the Australopithecenes to the Homo's and on. You can see the change in cranial size, in the way the foot and ankle bones have changed, the widening pelvis, the shrinking of the mandible and the overall smaller bones, as examples. There are more.

You can see the change over time.

Again with the number analogy, WE decide to call 1 through 9 H.h. After that, We decide to call it something else. So 1 and 2 are alike, 3 is more like 2 than 1, 4 is more like 3 than 2 or 1, 5 is more like 4 than 3 or 2 or 1, etc,  

Now, my numbering system was completely arbitrary. I made it up. But the principle is the same. One population slowly changes, the next population slowly changes more, the next population slowly changes more, until you get to a point where you have a population that is no longer like the one that you started with.

#114    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

• 3,920 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:01 AM

L, you need to make sure that you are thinking of entire POPULATIONS changing over a period of time, not an individual suddenly giving birth to something else.

#115    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

Stinky Cheese

• 6,874 posts

• Oops.

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:09 AM

The L, looking at your posts I'm seeing what appears to be a very basic misunderstanding of evolutionary theory. Not an insult,just a recognition.
If you are really interested, I'd recommend this program on Coursera which will start in a couple of weeks.
Introduction to Genetics and Evolution

The book recommended, Why Evolution is True, by Jerry Coyne, is a very good introduction to evolution as well.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#116    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

Stinky Cheese

• 6,874 posts

• Oops.

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:10 AM

View PostRon Jeremy, on 25 September 2012 - 05:45 AM, said:

God bless America! (sarcasm)
The L is not an American citizen.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#117    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

• 3,920 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:12 AM

View PostRedSquirrel, on 26 September 2012 - 04:36 AM, said:

I know that I am hopping in late and that I most likely have very little to add to this.

But I will say that this video helped me understand and eventually accept evolution as a working model of reality.

I apologize if I have overstepped or restated something.

GREAT video.

View Postthe L, on 26 September 2012 - 04:34 AM, said:

L, please watch this video. It explains much better what I was attempting to. Plus it's only 10 minutes.

#118    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:34 AM

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 26 September 2012 - 05:12 AM, said:

L, please watch this video. It explains much better what I was attempting to. Plus it's only 10 minutes.
Sure. I will.

View PostShadowSot, on 26 September 2012 - 05:10 AM, said:

The L is not an American citizen.

I wish Im.

#119    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:42 AM

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 26 September 2012 - 04:48 AM, said:

I know you said that you were from Italy

Im not. I said that US proffesors knew better then Italian since I mentioned Itlian proffesor which claim that we dont know who made first tool and that we dont have evidence of evolution for anatomicly modern human.

#120    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:44 AM

View PostShadowSot, on 26 September 2012 - 05:09 AM, said:

The L, looking at your posts I'm seeing what appears to be a very basic misunderstanding of evolutionary theory. Not an insult,just a recognition.

I didnt take it as insult. Im not expert in biology.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users