Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Pyramid and the Yard

great pyramid

• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#91    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,740 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:18 PM

View PostRayGday, on 26 June 2013 - 08:16 AM, said:

~SNIP~

The resulting Hour and Second was twice as long as ours.

We are currently precessing into the Age of Aquarius, from Pisces.

~SNIP~

Making up your own "facts" does not make them true. That the Egyptians determined a day by the amount of daylight and the longest day of the year (June 21) has 14 hours, 4 minutes and 57 seconds of daylight negates your claim that the hour was "twice as long as ours". Particularly since 1/12th of an equal period of daylight would give an hour of 70.41 minutes. The shortest day of the year, December 21, would give an equal period of daylight (10 hours,m 12 minutes 40 seconds) divided into a further equal period of 12 hours of 51.05 minutes. Nowhere near dooubled as you'd like others to believe. And the shortest period of time, the at (moment) as mentioned by kmt_sesh, bears no specific designation of length of time in AE society and therefore does not open it up to interpreting it any way you wish.

The zodiac as determined by the Greeks is irrelevant to the period of the builders of the Great Pyramid as Egypt had not such zodiac. Which makes the Greek zodiac meaningless in this discussion.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#92    cladking

cladking

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,053 posts

• Tempus fugit.

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:31 PM

View Postmonk 56, on 26 June 2013 - 07:51 AM, said:

Hi Kmt_sesh,

I thought link below would help debate to how the hour was divided and applied to different latitudes in Roman Empire, it explains how the length of the hour changed in Summer and Winter, different to how it is applied today:-

http://en.wikipedia....man_timekeeping

Thanks for this.  I do believe it's going to help.

...later.

View Postmonk 56, on 26 June 2013 - 07:51 AM, said:

Hi Kmt_sesh,

I thought link below would help debate to how the hour was divided and applied to different latitudes in Roman Empire, it explains how the length of the hour changed in Summer and Winter, different to how it is applied today:-

http://en.wikipedia....man_timekeeping

Men fear the pyramid, time fears man.

#93    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,207 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:16 PM

View PostRayGday, on 26 June 2013 - 08:16 AM, said:

The ancient Egyptian, Mesopotamian, Indian and Chinese divided the day into 12 units.

Why 12?

You have to look at the sky to determine time - the daily rotation and yearly orbit.

Originally, their year was timed by the 12 full moons and called lunisolar calendars.

For better accuracy the yearly orbit was divided into 12 units of 30 degrees called Months, and visualised by the constellations in the sun's ecliptic.

Basically, the 360° sky has always been divided into 12 equal sections.

The exact same 12 divisions was used to measure the daily rotation. i.e. 12 hours per day not 24.

The resulting Hour and Second was twice as long as ours.

43 200 seconds in the ancient day.

Again, the same 12 divisions are used to measure Precession of the Equinoxes - the Great Year.

We are currently precessing into the Age of Aquarius, from Pisces.

Posted Image

Here is the link to the complete theory of the Pyramid and the Yard, from Introduction to Conclusion, complete with details, diagrams, animations and images. Sorry no elephants.

http://www.xrayb.com...nd_the_yard.php

365/28 still gives 13... sorry but no candy.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#94    Gaden

Gaden

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts

• simple but not simple minded

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:49 PM

View PostRayGday, on 26 June 2013 - 09:17 AM, said:

..."The amount of pressure, shown by the rapidity with which the drills and saws pierced through the hard stones, is very surprising; probably a load of at least a ton or two was placed on the 4-inch drills cutting in granite. On the granite core, No. 7, the spiral of the cut sinks 1 inch in the circumference of 6 inches, or 1 in 60, a rate of ploughing out of the quartz and felspar which is astonishing."...

Why is it always assumed that the grooves present in a drilled hole represent the downward movement of the drill? Wouldn't the drill make grooves on the way out of the hole? And wouldn't these grooves be closer together, since the drill would be removed much faster than it went in? Am I missing something here?

I'm trying to see things from your point of view, I just can't get my head that far up my butt

#95    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,207 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:52 PM

View PostGaden, on 26 June 2013 - 04:49 PM, said:

Why is it always assumed that the grooves present in a drilled hole represent the downward movement of the drill? Wouldn't the drill make grooves on the way out of the hole? And wouldn't these grooves be closer together, since the drill would be removed much faster than it went in? Am I missing something here?

you are not... those who never seen a drill working are...

The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#96    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,016 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:12 PM

Lets look at the hieroglyph theory.
If there is no hieroglyph for an idea or object then it didn't exist!

<<Snip>>

That is not correct. There are many words and terms denoting various concepts and abstract thoughts for which no single, representative hieroglyph exists. Your assumption is true for quite a lot of other words and terms for which a glyph can stand as a rebus, such as the symbol for ankh ("life"), but for the most part Egyptian hieroglyphs were employed as phonetic symbols representing the sound components of words and terms.

Where are the hieroglyphs for these cutting tools?
Is this evidence that the ancient Egyptians didn't have a clue how the pyramids were built?

There are only a set number of hieroglyphs for tools and implements. See this page (Gardiner's "U" category for "Agriculture, Crafts, and Professions"). To a large extent specific tools were spelled out phonetically using monoliterals, biliterals, and triliterals, and would often terminate with a semantic determinative to denote the class of tool to which the item belonged.

But in your case there happens to be a specific hieroglyph for the drill. It is designated U35 (with U34 as a variant):

Posted Image

This same symbol is frequently used at the ends of titles denoting crafstmen, as a semantic determinative.

The people who built the Great Pyramid were very, very advanced. They knew what a second was.

Yes, the Egyptians were indeed advanced—in the realistic perspective of a Bronze Age civilization. Note that I exclude woo-woo crap of the sort peddled by Chris Dunn, most of whose fringe ideas are divorced from reality. Dunn makes the same critical mistake made by many fringe proponents: while being familiar with modern tools, materials, and industries, they possess no observable understanding of Bronze Age engineering.

And, no, there is no evidence the Egyptians used the measurement of time we call the "second." You're making the same error our friend cladking frequently does, in assuming that because you're familiar with something that is so common to us folks today, the ancient Egyptians must've, too. This is an anachronism, and it will lead you astray every time.

But I don't pretend to be all-knowing. Far from it. If you believe I am mistaken, please quote and cite a vetted, peer-reviewed paper by a respected historian in which it is demonstrated that the Egyptians measured time down to the second. Your personal assumptions are not sufficient.

Posted Image
Words of wisdom from Richard Clopton:
For every credibility gap there is a gullibility fill.

Visit My Blog!

#97    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 11,064 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:27 PM

Lets look at the hieroglyph theory.
If there is no hieroglyph for an idea or object then it didn't exist!

You yourself can learn hieroglyphics in about 2 mins, no kidding

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#98    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,016 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:55 AM

View Postseeder, on 26 June 2013 - 07:27 PM, said:

You yourself can learn hieroglyphics in about 2 mins, no kidding

Well, damn, that's much easier than the route I took! :w00t:

Posted Image
Words of wisdom from Richard Clopton:
For every credibility gap there is a gullibility fill.

Visit My Blog!

#99    cladking

cladking

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,053 posts

• Tempus fugit.

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:40 PM

View Postkmt_sesh, on 26 June 2013 - 07:12 PM, said:

But I don't pretend to be all-knowing. Far from it. If you believe I am mistaken, please quote and cite a vetted, peer-reviewed paper by a respected historian in which it is demonstrated that the Egyptians measured time down to the second. Your personal assumptions are not sufficient.

This is impossible because there is no real evidence of how they measured and used
time far less is there any evidence of exactly how it was invented.  The simple fact is
where evidence doesbn't exist professional opinion is as irrelevant as anyone else's.

What the Egyptians actually left (in words) regarding their undertsanding of time is mere
gobblety gook.  The pyramid is obviously related to their understandingof time but pro-
fesssionals see only a tomb.

1382f. [when this hour of the morrow comes--this hour of the third day (comes)],
1383a. where [father Osiris N.] will be born, [at the place] where the gods are born;
1383b. when this hour of the morrow comes,--this hour of the third day,

There is no referent here.  There is no specific hour named.

345a. when this hour of the morrow comes--the hour of the fifth -day,
345b. the hour of the sixth day, the hour of the seventh day, the hour of the eighth day.
346a. N. will be summoned by Rē‘, he will be given something (to eat) by Nḥb-kȝ.w,
346b. like Horus, like him of the horizon,
346c. when this hour of the morrow comes, the hour of the third day, the hour of the fourth day.

Again we have the exact same thing.  This appears to mention a specific time
but does not.  Imagine a bus schedule with such wording and guess how many
people would be able to catch the bus.

1524b. His year is calculated for him; his hour knows him.
1524c. N. is known by his year which is with him;
1524d. his hour which is with him knows him.

This is far worse since now hour knows him by the year that is with him.  Trydesign-
oing a clock by these definitions and see how far you get.

883a. Thou, N., ascendest on the eastern side of the sky,
883b. renewed in thy time, rejuvenated in thine hour.

1946 + 1 (Nt. 773). O N., this hour of the morning, of this third day, is come,

Their word "hour" has no meaning in English as determined by context.  It's no better
wirth their other time units.  Indeed, it gats far worse;

1453c. N. has escaped the half-months of death,
1453d. even as Set escaped his half-months of death;
1453e. N. has escaped his months of death,
1453f. even as Set escaped his months of death;
14539. N. has escaped the year of death,
1453h. even as Set escaped his year of death,

1711b. Thou dawnest on the (first of the) month; thou purifiest thyself on the day of the new-moon.

This last one seems to even imply a lunar month yet we know their month was 30
days rather than ~28.

2069b. N. is intact; the ’itr.t-palace is standing; the month (i.e. the moon) is born; the nome lives,

This implication is stronger yet.

1067c. The eye of Horus will come to thee at the beginning of the decade, because thou art eager for it.

This is the one time reference that isn't gobblety gook.  A decade is ten days.

120c. that Rē‘ may commend him to the chiefs of the provisions of this year,

I could go on and on but consider one more;

1284b. to divide in three these your four days and your eight nights.

This is gobblety gook smack dab in the middle of unrelated gobblety gook.

As is this;

746b. Horus has exterminated the evil which was in N. in his four day (term);
746c. Set has annulled that which he did against N. in his eight day (term).

The first looks more like a work schedule then a time reference.  The second looks
comprehensible except there is nothing to grab onto to understand.

People might wonder what difdference this all makes but the fact is this is what we actually
know.  We know that " divide in three these your four days and your eight nights." mustta
made some sort of sense to them and we know it makes no sense to us.  Why would the
opinion of a peer reviewed Egyptologist be anymore relevant than anyone else's?

The concept that all lenghts of time were expressed in "hours" is ludicrous.  You simply can't
express things that occur briefly in "hours".  To claim they had no shorter unit of time is near-
ly akin to saying they lacked language altogether and expressed themselves in grunts like the
movie Caveman (worth the time by the by).

The existence of the pyramid and its bifurcation shows almost beyond doubt that they measured
time at least to its accuracy in reflecting the summer solstice (it's fast about 1m and 15s).  This
is probably mere error rather than their shortest time unit.

Until an Egyptologist can actually point to evidence that actually says they had no short time unit
then common sense and some evidence says they did.

#100    cladking

cladking

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,053 posts

• Tempus fugit.

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:46 PM

View Postkmt_sesh, on 26 June 2013 - 02:43 AM, said:

You're also still holding to the assumption that modern understandings and practices somehow relate to an extinct culture from the Bronze Age. Anachronisms are a stumbling block. Rather than just assuming what you're saying must be correct because you believe it to be correct, why not conduct some real research and learn the facts

Frankly, I believe this is the problem for orthodoxy.  They assume that the ancient people
thought and spoke like we do.  I've seen little evidence to support this.

But far worse is that they assume that Egyptian culture was an unbroken chain from the
earliest time.  I don't believe there is any evidence to support this either.  If it were an un-
broken chain then where are all the ancient books?  Yes, there are numerous words that
survived over the course of the centuries but if the early ones are all gobblety gook then we
don't know the meaning was the same.  We assume words carried the same meaning de-
spite our lack of understanding.

#101    RayGday

RayGday

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:36 AM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 26 June 2013 - 01:18 PM, said:

The zodiac as determined by the Greeks is irrelevant to the period of the builders of the Great Pyramid as Egypt had not such zodiac. Which makes the Greek zodiac meaningless in this discussion.

The Greeks didn't create the Zodiac.

"From Architecture down to the Zodiac, every science worthy of the name was imported by the Greeks" - Helena Blavatsky

"…the Egyptians were the first to discover the solar year, and to portion out its course into twelve parts both the space of time and the seasons which they delimit. It was observation of the course of the stars which led them to adopt this division…It is also the Egyptians who first bought into use the names of the twelve gods, which the Greeks adopted from them" - Herodotus

"In their desire to appear highly intellectual, scientific and mathematical, the Greeks, probably about the time of Alexander the Great, adopted the solar nomenclature, thereby turning ancient zodiacal symbolism topsy-turvy and making it sheer nonsense" - Cyril Fagan (Astrological Origins)

"However, whenever the ancients mentioned the position, during their own times, of the planets or of the Equinoxes in reference to the Zodiacal Constellations, the chronological era of such men in world-history can be determined with exactness. An illustration of the truth of this claim, and one which incidentally proves the great astronomical learning of the ancient Egyptians, who could so correctly place the planets, is a mummy’s coffin, now in the British Museum, which bears on its cover a Zodiacal representation of the planetary positions at the time the dead Egyptian was embalmed. Calculations by modern astronomers have proved that on the precise date of October 7, 1722, B.C., the planets and luminaries were in the exact positions shown on the coffin design. The mummy can thus be assigned an undeniable antiquity of seventeen centuries before Christ." -  Astrological World Cycles by Tara Mata (Laurie Pratt) 1932

Homer, Solon, Thales, Pythagorus, Democritus, Anaxagoras, Eudoxes, Plato, Euclid, Pericles, Aristyllus, Timocharis, Aristarchus, Archimedes, Eratosthenes, Apollonius, Hipparchus, Aristotle, Strabo and Diodorus all recieved their knowledge of Geometry, Mathematics, Philosophy and Astronomy from Egyptian tutors.

The perimeter of the Great Pyramid is 1000 yards, exactly as designed.

#102    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,740 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:41 AM

View PostRayGday, on 28 June 2013 - 04:36 AM, said:

The Greeks didn't create the Zodiac.

~SNIP~

The two biggest flaws with your argument are 1) the zodiac you repeatedly post a picture of is Greek and didn't exist in Egypt before Alexander the Great and the latter Ptolemaic Period and 2) while the usage of early constellations and such may have started in Babylon in the second millenium BC, nothing approaching the zodiac we can see from your pictures is in evidence there as having been used until the 1st millenium BC. Both of which are irrelevant to the construction of the GP in the 3rd millenium BC. It appears you're playing mix-n-match with the timeline in order to get the results you desire, which makes it meaningless.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#103    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,207 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:44 PM

View PostRayGday, on 28 June 2013 - 04:36 AM, said:

"From Architecture down to the Zodiac, every science worthy of the name was imported by the Greeks" - Helena Blavatsky

Quoting the chief female (VS Crowley as chief male) quack will certainly get us nowhere nearer to facts. You are referring to somebody who could not even make a living holding up trains in the West as being authoritative here. Besides her "channeling"she never even bothered to show a source... and most of the channeling does not hold water on closer scrutiny. As far as I know the only one that was accurate was that the sun rises in the morning.

The Zodiac we know was from the Greeks, those that came before it were single stars, not imaginary pictures of some of them. And the names we know them by nowadays are Roman. All that can be easily learned by reading translation of actual works of ancient Greeks, Egyptians and Babylonians.

about me

#104    RayGday

RayGday

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:53 PM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 28 June 2013 - 05:41 AM, said:

The two biggest flaws with your argument are 1) the zodiac you repeatedly post a picture of is Greek and didn't exist in Egypt before Alexander the Great and the latter Ptolemaic Period and 2) while the usage of early constellations and such may have started in Babylon in the second millenium BC, nothing approaching the zodiac we can see from your pictures is in evidence there as having been used until the 1st millenium BC. Both of which are irrelevant to the construction of the GP in the 3rd millenium BC. It appears you're playing mix-n-match with the timeline in order to get the results you desire, which makes it meaningless.

There is no flaws in the argument. The graphic is a modern Zodiac representing 12 divisions of the 360° sky.

The perimeter of the Great Pyramid is 1000 yards, exactly as designed.

#105    Roybat

Roybat

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:20 AM

Pyramidiots

Also tagged with great pyramid

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users