Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

If You Were Bush What Would You Do?

muslim

If u were Bush what would have done? the same thing he did? Different? How so?

Would you have invaded Iraq?

Personally I would have invaded Iran since its an actual threat unlike Iraq.. As for September 11, I would have been in a huge dillema for sure. I think I would have asked the American people what they think we shoul do, and went with the majority.

What about you? When would you leave Iraq?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• muslim

• rapid7

• Cinders

• AROCES

Tricky.. I'll track down all those who were responsible for 911.

If the official version of events is true;

most of the hijackers were Egyptians and Saudis, so I would've invaded those countries. :huh::lol:

just kidding

Edited by rapid7

Personally I would have invaded Iran since its an actual threat unlike Iraq.. As for September 11, I would have been in a huge dillema for sure. I think I would have asked the American people what they think we shoul do, and went with the majority.

I believe this is a world that is beyond George W. Bush and his understanding. I also believe he has very little if any understanding of what may have been and may be more threatening as Iran and N.Korea than Iraq, when he became president. If Americans had an indication of any possible 'clear and present danger' then from either nuclear powers, there may have never been an attack on U.S. soil as is. As far as pre-emptive strikes, Iraq did prove to be a threat to Kuwait.So there being, what I also believe is a righteous reason to be in Iraq during the Gulf war - op 'Desert Storm'.

lol thats the problem, ppl critisize bush a lot and im one of them yet most of who critisize him dont know what do if they were in his shoes

lol thats the problem, ppl critisize bush a lot and im one of them yet most of who critisize him dont know what do if they were in his shoes

Yeah true. At the time of 911 I was just glad nukes didn't go off. No one knew what was happening, I thought as soon as they find out which country was responsible, they'd just nuke em. Especially after the attack on the pentagon.

I was just talking to my husband about this subject.. saying that IF THEY just hit just the Pentagon, and/ or the White house we probably would not be in Iraq right now. BUT they hit the WTC... if only.. if only that day never happened.

Strange, how Osama spoke to a CNN reporter while in Afghanistan, back in 1997 saying "It's about American foreign policy in the middle east" And that they (Al-Qaeda) would hit the US Soldiers, but if civilians get in the way, that is their problem."

AND YOU HIT THEM IN THE WTC?!?! And by doing this action to the WTC- this has made the WEST go TO the mideast even more now! (f'ing idiot!) He's not only ticked off the world, but has disgraced the Muslim religion. His own son washed his hands of him and left him and went back to Saudi Arabia. OSAMA NEVER GAVE WARNING or REASON for hitting those towers filled with innocent CIVILIANS that were from MANY nations, MANY Cultures, and of many religions.

I say, "PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH Osama!"

Anyway, I was "OK" when they went to Afghanistan. After all, it was for a "specific reason" to GET OSAMA - right?? .. but BAM! We ditch Afghanistan, and head off to Iraq! I was so upset by that.. (hence why I voted for the OTHER only choice we had back in 2004 *sigh*)

AND NOW we are d@mned if we stay in Iraq and we are d@mned if we leave! THAT is what really ticks me off!

But recently, at 1:30am , I woke up with my TV still on. The channel was on CSPAN-2. I was at first groggy and was going to roll over back to sleep.. until I realized I was watching a speaker from Iraq who was Shi'ite. Next to him was a speaker from Iraq that was Sunni, and next to him was a speaker from Northern Iraq AKA Kurdistan. They were speaking and answering questions to a speaker of the house in the US. The US man of the committee speaking with them was almost in tears when relating about a story of a man he dearly cared about that was from the West bank I believe. .. I am sorry, I can't put it all in words to what he was saying..but that this man is a "marked" man for speaking for FREEDOM, and that his two sons were killed for doing this. The US Rep tried so hard to convince him to stay in the US because he knows what will happen to him.

Anyway, the US Rep told them he was honored to hear these three men from Iraq speaking and together. ALL of which wants the USA to continue to help in Iraq. I wished I had recorded this to my PC. It was very good. The US speaker of the house acknowledged that these 3 men have also risked their lives in trying to speak (as his friend did) . Yes, they can speak freely in the US, but when they return, what might happen to them as what happened to the US Reps friend's two sons. Not everyone can speak freely.. it's not easy. And after watching these men - hearing what they had to say, I have NO idea now if we should continue to stay.. or do we leave Iraq now? It's so frustrating!

But many feel betrayed -moreso since no WMD's were found in Iraq.. (I just knew they'd not find them) And look what has become of Iraq now- a CIVIL WAR. We should have kept focus and STAYED in force in Afghanistan and at least get Osama.. that is IF he really did do it. And never stepped foot into Iraq unless absolutely necessary.. but now what do we do?

But then... we have other things I've seen happening now AFTER 9/11 around the world - well now I just don't know.

I've recently watched "Obsession" It's a movie that really makes you wonder if it all really means that the "Radical Islamic's" do not want land per se, but that they really want an ISLAMIC WORLD WITHOUT BORDERS

And that this sort of "ideology" is not only a threat to non-Muslims but also to Muslims as well. In this documentary, you also hear from various Muslims that are upset that their religion has been hi-jacked. How also even if you are a Muslim, but if you do not think "their way" you will be killed to.

I also find it "ironic" that groups like Hizbollah and Hamas and such around the world from various countries have that same NAZI SALUTE as seen in the video. It also compares them with the Nazi's ideology...how very close their ways are but that Radical Islamic extremists are far worse as you are not fighting for the Furor, but fighting for God (Allah). (*sigh*) It talks alot about Hezbollah, Hamas, Al-Qaeda, Lebanon, Iran, Syria, Egypt, and more.. and also how children at very young ages are being pulled into this nightmare.

Recently, I saw Glenn Beck speak with Kopping (the director) on TV about this documentary. (in this portion, it shows some using the Nazi Salute)

I Uploaded this bit here:

http://www.veoh.com/videoDetails.html?v=e120314yzHFS3gw

I think their web site has been hacked though - it's been down for some time (found here: http://www.obsessionthemovie.com ) From their site, you can watch the documentary preview and purchase this video but unfortunately it's been down.

But you can see a 9 minute "preview" of this video here on YouTube:

Unfortunately you can't rent this video out there - (But I did find where you can download it in avi or .flv format *winks* )

Anyway, it is a very thought provoking video... the 9 minute preview on Youtube does not really give it justice though.

After hearing Al-Qaeda on TV back on Sept 2nd/3rd, 2006 - basically telling the west, the USA, and all non-muslims to convert to Islam or else.. I got so angry.. Ghadahn was never forced to convert to Islam! HE CHOSE TO CONVERT to Islam!. But the world seems to be THREATENED to convert! - that is just so wrong!

A bit about him here:

http://www.homelandsecurityus.com/site/mod...php?storyid=557

I have family and friends that are Muslim (I was brought up Christian)... but they were never FORCED to convert either and never tried to force me.

..Maybe we are heading or are in a WWIII but this one is a RELIGIOUS WAR..

Edited by Cinders

Very nice post Cinders, I'll give that video a look if I can find it.

Edited by shikon1

Personally I would have invaded Iran since its an actual threat unlike Iraq...

Yeah, cause Iraq had such great sucess with that when they did it.

With the infomation I would have had at the time, I would have hit Iraq. Probably would have hit them a whole lot harder and would have started a much more massive PR plan towards the Iraqi people.

I believe this is a world that is beyond George W. Bush and his understanding

You think George Bush alone is responsible for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan? The United States Congress had a vote and approved both invasions. Congress has the ability to end both wars anytime they want by refusing to approve spending for the wars.

There are 21 other countries besides the United States with 16,000 combat troops in Iraq and Afghanistan. It's not just 'Bush's war'.

Well I am Kuwaiti and yes Iraq invaded Kuwait but its invasion was justified. He had no other choice. Iraq was broke after the 8 year war with Iran, and Kuwait who supported Iraq in the 8 year war with money, asked Sadam to return them their money. He said that at first when you gave me the money you never said that u want it back especially since im defending you in my war (from the Shiiets). Kuwait said no thats ur problem. So he got p***ed. So Kuwait said fine pay them back whenever you want, we dont need the money now. After that Kuwait was selling more oil then its allowed percentage in the OPEK. All the Gulf countries told Kuwait that what your'e doing is harming our economy. The oil prices are gong down thanks to you.

Iraq was losing 300 million a day. What do u expect the man to do? He was forcved to invade Kuwait (again im Kuwaiti yet im speaking the truth)

Many americans suport the war on Iraq because that the US is bringing democracy. Well their are many other countries who need democracy too and pose a more threat to US then Iraq, (Iran Korea etc).

As for the movie, its propaganda, ive seen it, Im a Muslim, it just shows one side of the story. Hamas does this.. Hizballah does this.. it never said what Israel does. For any terrorist to become a terrorist he has to be provoked. Not even a terrorist, for any man to take up arms he has to be provoked, or occupied etc.

Not even a terrorist, for any man to take up arms he has to be provoked, or occupied etc.

I have to disagree with that.

The Southern USA had to deal with the KKK for a long time until their financial resources were stripped from them.

They were not provoked by anything more than that people existed who are different in appearence from one another, and to me that is not real provocation since the hate came from inside them, not from anything occuring externally.

I would've bungled it probably cause I'm not as smart as Bush and all his advisors. If I were, I'd probably have done the same thing. With Hindsight, I would've started a massive propaganda campaign as soon as I was in the whitehouse including non-stop slamming of the previous administration and exposing its failings that allowed what happened to happen and why we're doing what we're doing in the steps we are. Bush is only losing in the media (and those that absorb said media, like some of those docu-dramas out there). Even if I were able to stop 9/11, Iraq would be on the top of my list of "things America needs to finish first", and Iran and N. Korea would be up there too. Course, I'd try to abolish most govt. programs, end income tax, end trading with China and any other nations against our interests... especially those warlord countries where we send aid to the people and it winds up with the warlords, no more of that stuff. Would use that money we spend around the world here at home mostly for the most part. Get rid of the FED, get back to gold backing or something, bye bye IRS and ATF... would get the UN out of New York too. Go put it in Bussels or something.

I would've bungled it probably cause I'm not as smart as Bush and all his advisors. If I were, I'd probably have done the same thing. With Hindsight, I would've started a massive propaganda campaign as soon as I was in the whitehouse including non-stop slamming of the previous administration and exposing its failings that allowed what happened to happen and why we're doing what we're doing in the steps we are. Bush is only losing in the media (and those that absorb said media, like some of those docu-dramas out there). Even if I were able to stop 9/11, Iraq would be on the top of my list of "things America needs to finish first", and Iran and N. Korea would be up there too. Course, I'd try to abolish most govt. programs, end income tax, end trading with China and any other nations against our interests... especially those warlord countries where we send aid to the people and it winds up with the warlords, no more of that stuff. Would use that money we spend around the world here at home mostly for the most part. Get rid of the FED, get back to gold backing or something, bye bye IRS and ATF... would get the UN out of New York too. Go put it in Bussels or something.

Well said Celumnaz... I think Bush did what had to be done.. and back him greatly!!!.. I also commend him for standing his ground.. and not letting the media and others get to him and make him back down from what he believes. He is truly a strong man... and is not worried about the little popularity contest that the media is trying to provoke!

As for the movie, its propaganda, ive seen it, Im a Muslim, it just shows one side of the story. Hamas does this.. Hizballah does this.. it never said what Israel does. For any terrorist to become a terrorist he has to be provoked. Not even a terrorist, for any man to take up arms he has to be provoked, or occupied etc.

So using this logic, the US has taken legitimate action because it was provoked?

If I was Bush I would resign and turn myself in for crimes against humanity, treason, and murder...

But hey, thats just me...

LBD

Well I am Kuwaiti and yes Iraq invaded Kuwait but its invasion was justified. He had no other choice. Iraq was broke after the 8 year war with Iran, and Kuwait who supported Iraq in the 8 year war with money, asked Sadam to return them their money. He said that at first when you gave me the money you never said that u want it back especially since im defending you in my war (from the Shiiets). Kuwait said no thats ur problem. So he got p***ed. So Kuwait said fine pay them back whenever you want, we dont need the money now. After that Kuwait was selling more oil then its allowed percentage in the OPEK. All the Gulf countries told Kuwait that what your'e doing is harming our economy. The oil prices are gong down thanks to you.

Iraq was losing 300 million a day. What do u expect the man to do? He was forcved to invade Kuwait (again im Kuwaiti yet im speaking the truth)

Many americans suport the war on Iraq because that the US is bringing democracy. Well their are many other countries who need democracy too and pose a more threat to US then Iraq, (Iran Korea etc).

Muslim, I don't know what networks you watch, but all we see in America is wounded muslims on tv cursing Israel and the US. We hardly ever get to see the Israelis murdered by homicide bombers or the damage caused by missiles fired into their neighborhoods. Israel never attacks unless they were attacked first or to pre-empt an attack. They have EVERY RIGHT IN THE WORLD TO DEFEND THEMSELVES. And be honest, don't Arab children go to schools where everyday they sing songs about how GOD only loves the Moslems and that Jews are dogs? :angry:

Well Muslim, It is Saddam that bunkrupt Iraq not Kuwait.

Don't blame your own country for Saddam made all the decision that got Iraq to where it is now. Wise up!

I am just showing u the other side of the story.

As for Israel, no it doesnt have a right since the Palestinians are OCCUPIED yet they call it INDEPENDENCE! Would u like it if the Muslims in the US claim independence and take all of America? What about a small part of it? The Jews migrated to Palestine and then clared independance and occupied palestine. As far as Im conserned, thats an occupation and the Palestinians have the right to fight it. As an Israeli the Israelis know that the Palestinians consider them occupiers meaning that they are targets. No one is forcing them to occupy Palestine. So the Israelis are dogs. Not the Jews.

"So using this logic, the US has taken legitimate action because it was provoked?"

Yes, against Afghanistan at least.

And yes I am Kuwaiti

I am just showing u the other side of the story.

As for Israel, no it doesnt have a right since the Palestinians are OCCUPIED yet they call it INDEPENDENCE! Would u like it if the Muslims in the US claim independence and take all of America? What about a small part of it? The Jews migrated to Palestine and then clared independance and occupied palestine. As far as Im conserned, thats an occupation and the Palestinians have the right to fight it. As an Israeli the Israelis know that the Palestinians consider them occupiers meaning that they are targets. No one is forcing them to occupy Palestine. So the Israelis are dogs. Not the Jews.

Where was the Palestinians then when Israel was born and created, where was the uprising and how come they didn't defend then their land?

What do you suggest we do with Israel if we give all the land back to the Palestinians?

You think that will really stop all the trouble in the Middle East if Israel ceased to exist?

You think all this mad Islams will suddenly lay their arms down and live a peaceful life, or will they continue on their assault on the west for what happened in the past?

That's where all the terrorists are ...IRAQ and their needs to be some stability before any pullout.

If i was Bush. :D

I saw on discovery a ship which creates land. :o

If we had thousand of these things we could make a new country for the jews somewhere in the sea.

Then there will be peace in the world at last. ;)

Edited by EnglishArcher

Where was the Palestinians then when Israel was born and created, where was the uprising and how come they didn't defend then their land?

They did and they went to war and were defeated.

What do you suggest we do with Israel if we give all the land back to the Palestinians?

Since the day Islam emerged, 1400 years ago Muslims have lived in Palestine side by side with Christians and Jews. Same thing would happen, the Jews will continue to live in Palestine, or if they want they go back to where they came from.

You think that will really stop all the trouble in the Middle East if Israel ceased to exist?

Not all but I can garantee you that violence and terrorism would decrease drasticaly.

You think all this mad Islams will suddenly lay their arms down and live a peaceful life, or will they continue on their assault on the west for what happened in the past?

Well in the first place what they ahd against America is its support for Israel. If Israel doesnt exist then they wont have anything against it (except for Iraqs occupation which is temporary). So yes Anti Americanism would decrease drasticaly.

That's where all the terrorists are ...IRAQ and their needs to be some stability before any pullout.

Its very stupid to say that we cant pull ot of Iraq because of the terrorists their. Yet the only reasons the so called terrorists are in Iraq is because US is in Iraq. Their was no "terrorists" in Iraq before the US occupation of Iraq.

They are defending their country, Bush himself said that if the US was occupied he wouod fight and resist. Yet when an Iraqi resists you call him a terrorist? Sure their means of resistance are extreme, but you have to ask yourselves why they are doing this. When a US soldier rapes an Iraqi child, trust me if I was an Iraqi I would have turned into a "terrorist".

Bush says we cant leave Iraq as long as there are terrorists in Iraq.

I say if it wasnt for you their wouldnt have been any terrorists in Iraq.

When you leave, they will, thats why they're fighting in the first place.

I think we should have systematically dismantled every country that supports & funds terrorism. Now, I think it probably should have been done through more subtle means.