Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 2 votes

Russian moon landing

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1    sparticuss

sparticuss

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 July 2005 - 12:12 PM

I've recently heard a  very interesting  urban  legend aboout the  Appollo project.  
For those  not  aware of   it  the  official   record  states that   Russia  actually  launched a  large unmanned soft  landing  probe  at the   moon four  days    before Appollo   blasted  off.   This  probe   lost control  and   crashed  into the moon too hard  to survice.
Thats  the official  record.

The   urban legend is that  this  probe  in   fact  contained  a  single   cosmonault.  Russia wanted  to  beat  the  US  to the moon  and  launched  this  Lunig  probe untested,  and at  great  risk.   They  planned  to announce  that they   had beaten the   USA  to the  moon  by two  days only when  they  had safely recovered  therir    cosomaunault.   Untill then the     unmanned probe sory  was  a   cover up.  When the  risk  didn't  pay off  the  cover up   became the official   version.

Has  anybody  else  heard  this one.?????

#2    Rhomphaia

Rhomphaia

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

• Conspiracy Theories: The art of adding 2+2 and getting a result of 22.

Posted 17 July 2005 - 01:02 PM

I have heard that Russia landed on the moon first, but that the US was the first to return men back to Earth as well.
Also, has anyone here heard the story about how Russia was the first country to send a man to the sun?

"We are not here to bend aught...We are come to cleanse."
-Brother Grissom.

#3    Mr Slayer

Mr Slayer

Stay SLA

• 1,329 posts

Posted 17 July 2005 - 03:11 PM

QUOTE(Rhomphaia @ Jul 17 2005, 02:02 PM)
I have heard that Russia landed on the moon first, but that the US was the first to return men back to Earth as well.
Also, has anyone here heard the story about how Russia was the first country to send a man to the sun?

View Post

That was unnecessarily cynical.

Personally, I doubt we ever got to the moon. It's a political scam that people swallowed deeply back in the sixties.

#4    Rhomphaia

Rhomphaia

Psychic Spy

• 1,384 posts

Posted 17 July 2005 - 03:53 PM

I was serious about the sun comment.
I have heard reports of all kinds of accidents in space with the Russians, one of which during an orbit of the moon, there were miscalculations for the return trajectory of the cosmonaut's capsule and the course sent him to the sun.

-Brother Grissom.

#5    Mr Ed

Mr Ed

Duff

• 4,672 posts

Posted 17 July 2005 - 03:57 PM

Oh, I thought it was a joke. It was funny.

Russia was the first nation to send a man to orbit the moon.
I think.

Forum Boy

#6    Rhomphaia

Rhomphaia

Psychic Spy

• 1,384 posts

Posted 17 July 2005 - 05:33 PM

Yes they were. They were first in just about everything except bring a man back from the moon safely.

-Brother Grissom.

#7    Mr Ed

Mr Ed

Duff

• 4,672 posts

Posted 17 July 2005 - 05:34 PM

And put a man there.

Forum Boy

#8    The Russian Hare

The Russian Hare

Silent assassin

• 2,033 posts

• Boat Tailed & Hollow Pointed

Posted 17 July 2005 - 06:20 PM

Apollo 8 was the first manned mission to orbit the moon. The Soviets were the first to land a probe on the moon, though.

I plead the Fifth, but if you get pushy with me I'll plead the Second. Posted Image

#9    PadawanOsswe

PadawanOsswe

Propaganda Advertisement Exec. of the NWO

• 3,324 posts

• Chuck Norris can lead a horse to water and MAKE it drink!

Posted 17 July 2005 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE(AshKatNah @ Jul 17 2005, 06:11 AM)
QUOTE(Rhomphaia @ Jul 17 2005, 02:02 PM)

View Post

That was unnecessarily cynical.

Personally, I doubt we ever got to the moon. It's a political scam that people swallowed deeply back in the sixties.

View Post

it wasnt neccessarily a political scam. the technology was and is good enough to land on the moon.

The Official 13th Degree of The Steel Circle
Posted Image
May intelligence, rationale, and logic be with you!

Uwe Boll spelled backwards is Satan.

STOP UWE BOLL! BUTCHER OF GAMES!

Proud member of The Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy!

#10    kill_them_all533

kill_them_all533

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 144 posts

• A hidden truth supports everything, find it and win...
    (my name is speaking about aliens i halo (i love that game))

Posted 18 July 2005 - 06:30 AM

WTF??!!? blink.gif
what gave you that impression? who actually doesent believe no one set foot on the moon? who and where are they?

you come to a conclusion immediatly, but then you think about what you just said...

#11    Grimm24

Grimm24

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 83 posts

• The World is Indeed Comic but the Joke is on Mankind - H.P. Lovecraft

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:57 PM

I actually didnt know they did get to the moon first

EXODUS-INSANUS-NOCTURNAS

#12    Apcpro

Apcpro

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:09 PM

There is no "official" evidence to support a Russian landing on the moon with a person aboard.  Considering the huge amount of progress that has been made in the last ten to twenty years in the field of Russian Space History, we'd probably know about it by now.

Having said that, it would not surprise me to find out they send someone on a one way mission to the moon.  But we have not found anything to support the notion.

There is ample evidence that the US went there.  Just look up the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter images.

http://www.nasa.gov/...ollo-sites.html

There ya' go.

-John

"History is created quickly and consistently.  Our comprehension of it takes much longer."

#13    Randomactsofviolence

Randomactsofviolence

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:00 PM

View PostRhomphaia, on 17 July 2005 - 01:02 PM, said:

I found this online. The Soviet Union (a federation that included Russia) placed the first satellite in space: Sputnik in October 1957. They also had the first Man in Space (Gagarin), the first woman in space, the first probe to photograph the far side of the Moon (and to enter an orbit around the Sun), the first soft lander on the Moon (but without people on board), and so on. They have known quite a bit about space for a long time now. They did that by applying known scientific principles (for example, it had been known for centuries before that, that air pressure decreases as one went up mountains and, later, in balloons. Therefore, everyone expected space to be a vacuum, well before anyone went to check. Sputnik was an experiment to see if: 1) things could be placed in orbit around Earth if they were given enough speed (this had been predicted by equations, but no one had tested it with a man-made object yet) 2) man-made objects would be destroyed by meteoroids once they were above the Earth's atmosphere: Sputnik as a sphere that was filled with compressed gas and a pressure detector; if the pressure had dropped, the drop would have been detected and the radio signal (a simple beep-beep)

#14    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 32,170 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:39 PM

View Postsparticuss, on 17 July 2005 - 12:12 PM, said:

I've recently heard a  very interesting  urban  legend aboout the  Appollo project.  
For those  not  aware of   it  the  official   record  states that   Russia  actually  launched a  large unmanned soft  landing  probe  at the   moon four  days    before Appollo   blasted  off.   This  probe   lost control  and   crashed  into the moon too hard  to survice.
Thats  the official  record.

The   urban legend is that  this  probe  in   fact  contained  a  single   cosmonault.  Russia wanted  to  beat  the  US  to the moon  and  launched  this  Lunig  probe untested,  and at  great  risk.   They  planned  to announce  that they   had beaten the   USA  to the  moon  by two  days only when  they  had safely recovered  therir    cosomaunault.   Untill then the     unmanned probe sory  was  a   cover up.  When the  risk  didn't  pay off  the  cover up   became the official   version.

Has  anybody  else  heard  this one.?????

In July 1969 the USSR was simply not in a position to attempt a manned landing. Their equivalent of the Saturn V, had failed on its first two launch attempts on 21st Feb '69 & 3rd July '69. The second launch attempt resulted in the vehicle exploding 12 seconds after lift off. The explosion is said to be the largest man-made non-nuclear explosion in history. It took 18 months to repair the damage to the launch complex. 2 more N1 launch attempts were made, in 1971 & '72. These also failed and the USSR abandoned its attempts to make a manned landing on the moon.

View PostRhomphaia, on 17 July 2005 - 03:53 PM, said:

I was serious about the sun comment.
I have heard reports of all kinds of accidents in space with the Russians, one of which during an orbit of the moon, there were miscalculations for the return trajectory of the cosmonaut's capsule and the course sent him to the sun.
This is simply not possible. It requires a huge amount of energy to launch an object towards the sun, far more than a mis-firing moon mission would be capable of.

View PostMr Slayer, on 17 July 2005 - 03:11 PM, said:

I won't bother making much of a comment on this, except to say that this nonsense is being ripped apart in the conspiracies section.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#15    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• 1,779 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:21 AM

View PostRhomphaia, on 17 July 2005 - 01:02 PM, said:

Considering that the sun is on average about 400 times further from the moon than earth is, he would have never made it alive at least.

Edit: Unless they packed ~3 years of supplies...

Edited by Timonthy, 12 June 2012 - 09:27 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users