Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

2.3M Christians Flee in From Syria

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#16    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,831 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:19 PM

View PostFunky Poacher, on 04 April 2013 - 06:13 AM, said:

They are NOT the same thing. Ethnicity and homosexuality are things people are born as. Religion/opinions (because that's all it is) is a choice.

When somone is born and raised in a religious household a lot of the time they wouldn't even consider going against what they have been taught all of their lives. That doesn't sound like much of a concious choice.

#17    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,721 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:22 PM

View PostJeffertonturner, on 03 April 2013 - 04:52 PM, said:

Yes it sucks when someone forces their religious beliefs on you.

Exactly why I just can't feel bad for the Christians.

Sorry you have had bad experiences, but much like a racist, you put everyone in the same group and then discriminate.

#18    Mystic Crusader

Mystic Crusader

Poltergeist

• 2,151 posts

• "What would you rather be, a bus driver, or a super terrorist?"

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:50 PM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 04 April 2013 - 05:52 AM, said:

your response of "LMAO" implies that you're not being "meh, whatever" but rther shadenfreude abou it, laughing at suffering.

I was laughing at his statement, the irony, they are reaping what they sow.

#19    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,782 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:00 PM

View PostHavocWing, on 04 April 2013 - 03:50 PM, said:

I was laughing at his statement, the irony, they are reaping what they sow.
Your bias is showing HW.  I understand how some people just have a focused dislike or even hatred for a religion due to the actions of some hypocrites but such actions hardly equate with what is happening to Christians in the M.E. Or are you saying that Christians somewhere you know of are murdering or displacing other religious or ethnic neighbors of theirs?  The few instances I've heard of where Christians have resorted to real violence has been in self defense.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#20    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,604 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:03 PM

Flee in from Syria to where?   What has the Israeli government said they're going to do about the mass exodus Erikl?

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#21    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,238 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:34 PM

Israel will say"We will build more houses and get rid of all non Jewish people"

#22    Glorfindel

Glorfindel

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 253 posts

• The answer to 1984, is uhhh... 1812?

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:49 PM

I kinda doubt Christians in the dead centre of the Isalmic world are really pushing their beliefs strongly onto others. As an atheist, I am still repulsed by what I read here. They are reaping what they sow? You think every one of those Christians has oppressed someone? You think theyre more oppressive than Islamic or Israeli extremists? LOL, I bet if it were politically correct to critisize that latter two groups you'd be all over them. But nah, take the cowards way instead and just critisize the presently less opressive Christians.

#23    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,421 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:05 PM

Atheists wouldn't fare too well under muslim law either.  Doubt they would respect your right to be a atheist or opinion, might even get stoned to death if you said about them what you have about Christians.

#24    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,782 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:43 AM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 04 April 2013 - 09:34 PM, said:

Israel will say"We will build more houses and get rid of all non Jewish people"
This is about Christians Richard.  There are plenty of threads about those opinions without derailing this one.  Thanks :)

#25    ColoradoParanormal

ColoradoParanormal

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts

• 'Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.'

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:58 AM

Having served in Iraq, Afghanistan and others, seeing the "AWESOME PEACE LOVING" religion of Islam first hand, I would rather have the "Christians" asking and as you all call it, shoving their religion down my throat, over the Islamic belief. If one does not convert to Islam, they are to be murdered. Don't sit and tell me "This is only the radicals," as I've seen first hand and know the truth. I've seen the "middle of the road, normal Muslim" go from naught to murder in a heartbeat all from a call to arms by their Imam.

So, as I said, the views of the couch politicians whom watch their Federally Censored news, and are shown complete lies and then scream at the tops of their lungs comfortably from their couches about their opinions on issues of which they know NOTHING. Knowledge is Power. And unfortunately, the majority of western citizens are all blind....

#26    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,536 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:38 AM

View PostJeffertonturner, on 03 April 2013 - 04:52 PM, said:

Yes it sucks when someone forces their religious beliefs on you.

Exactly why I just can't feel bad for the Christians.

the christians will forgive you for saying that too

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#27    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,536 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:48 AM

View PostColoradoParanormal, on 05 April 2013 - 04:58 AM, said:

Having served in Iraq, Afghanistan and others, seeing the "AWESOME PEACE LOVING" religion of Islam first hand, I would rather have the "Christians" asking and as you all call it, shoving their religion down my throat, over the Islamic belief. If one does not convert to Islam, they are to be murdered. Don't sit and tell me "This is only the radicals," as I've seen first hand and know the truth. I've seen the "middle of the road, normal Muslim" go from naught to murder in a heartbeat all from a call to arms by their Imam.

So, as I said, the views of the couch politicians whom watch their Federally Censored news, and are shown complete lies and then scream at the tops of their lungs comfortably from their couches about their opinions on issues of which they know NOTHING. Knowledge is Power. And unfortunately, the majority of western citizens are all blind....

no offense... just curious...  has it occurred to you that your USA military uniform and rifle, on their land,  had anything to do with a "normal Muslim go from naught to murder n a heartbeat"?

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#28    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,782 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:01 AM

View Postacidhead, on 05 April 2013 - 05:48 AM, said:

no offense... just curious...  has it occurred to you that your USA military uniform and rifle, on their land,  had anything to do with a "normal Muslim go from naught to murder n a heartbeat"?
Tell it to the families who lost everything on 9-11-01.   No apologies EVER for standing up to murderers.  You have a perfect right to view the world any way you choose, AH - AND SO DO AMERICANS :)

#29    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:03 PM

Religion incites violence when they clash for power or one succeeds in having complete control, thus leading to "Your inferior" complex for prophets or supporters of offending religion. Without a central control government to stop religious killings against those under another religion, we are left with mass exodus or mass genocide or civil war between the two religions. With me being a Atheist, I have nothing against a peaceful religion, but I have everything against a religion dedicated to wiping out all other religions and non-believers.

Edited by Uncle Sam, 05 April 2013 - 10:05 PM.

A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. - Albert Einstein

#30    GoSC

GoSC

HOSEA 1:10; 2:23

• 2,615 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:25 AM

View PostColoradoParanormal, on 05 April 2013 - 04:58 AM, said:

Not to play the devil's advocate here, but due to the Iraq war, there are millions of Iraqi orphans and there are millions of Iraqi refugees.

Between 2003-2013, there have been 111,878-122,380 violent Iraqi civilian deaths. That is outrageous. http://www.iraqbodycount.org/

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users