Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Disgusting trend in America

AsteroidX

This is a local event to my community but its sickening and seems to be a trend all over America where these types are being released early cutting off monityoring bracelets getting reduced sentences etc...Heres a good example of corruption in my own local Govmnt and they think were bow to gun control. Ha!! Bring it on State of Oregon !! If prosecuted properly he would have gone to State prison for quite a long time and despite the family speaking out against this judgment he was allowed to walk free without ever having to serve any time besides pre-trial. His medical condition didnt prevent him from attacking children but it is going to prevent them from locking him up. Makes me furious !! :td:

An older man accused of molesting three children was allowed to plead to lesser charges so he can be released from the county jail, where his high ongoing medical costs were being paid by taxpayers.

Albert Leroy Golden, 70, pleaded guilty on Thursday to two counts of attempted first-degree sexual abuse and two counts of third-degree sexual abuse. He was indicted in January on five counts of first-degree sexual abuse, a Measure 11 crime that could have landed him five 75-month sentences.

The mother of the victims opposed the deal and spoke at the sentencing, saying her children were getting a raw deal.

“I think that’s crap,” she said of the plea bargain.

Instead of prison time, Golden was sentenced to three years on probation with special conditions that apply to sex offenders. Those include lifetime registration as a sex offender and treatment and restrictions on where he can live aimed at keeping him away from children.

He was expected to be released later Thursday. His first destination probably will be a residential treatment facility, and any move after that will have to be approved by his probation officer, said John Bennington, Golden’s attorney.

Golden suffered a stroke before he molested the three children, who lived nearby and helped Golden with his living situation. He was arrested and booked into the county jail on Jan. 20, and since then he has fallen more than five times, had to have hip surgery and was recently confined to his bed because of additional falls.

All of Golden’s hospital and off-site treatment costs must be paid by the county, which already has had to severely reduce the number of available jail beds because of deep budget cuts. But the amount the county has spent on Golden was not released.

Deputy District Attorney Robert Lane said he agreed to let Golden plead to lesser charges and be put on probation to save the county the expense of providing medical care.

“This negotiation is to get him out of our facility and get someone else to pay to care for him,” he said.

Lane also said Golden represents little threat because he can’t even get out of a chair without assistance. He said the probation conditions will ensure he has no opportunity to harm children, and if he violates those conditions he will go to a state prison.

The alternative would be to leave him in the county jail until a trial, but Lane said it could have been many more months or longer before a trial is held.

Source: http://www.registerguard.com/rg/news/local/29746772-75/golden-county-sexual-abuse-counts.html.csp

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons
edit to add source
  • Like 3

What? No Obamacare for this poor individual? WHERE are his RIGHTS?????

• Like 2

Put it into context. He didnt even go to trial. They just reduced his charges and let him go. 1 year probation for the rape of each of 3 children. He should have spent and died in prison according to sentencing guidelines in Oregon but the county DA chose to set him free back on the community. He was obviously healthy enough to offend in the first place. Its disgusting.

• Like 5

this is not that bad, he is walking veggie, wont harm no kids in this life anymore. i'm a lot more concern about those that come out healthy and strong and continue their crimes, on even bigger scale, due to new friends and connections they acquired in jails. very few ppl get "straight" in jails, but vast majority becomes even bigger criminals

• Like 1

It is not that bad...except the victims stood up against it. So they have now been victimized twice. Ill grant those kids wont grow up happy. But Ill give kudos to there mother for standing up and trying to see justice. I have seen worse health cases in State Prison. It was the county that refused to put him there. I could cite other examples we have. And like I mentioned that was his health status when he offended so whats to say he cannot do so again although the likelyhood is low as we tend to spotlight cases like this fairly well in my community and track them ourselves as a community.

Ive been following one recent release in a case many years ago that I was involved with as a witness and he was released 8 years early and has not registered yet as a sex offender. Oregon is heinous on treating these people as criminals.

• Like 3

So he is sick still send him to prison. If he couldn't flee let him out on bail but try him for those crimes and send him to prison. I have to wonder if his falling in jail wasn't nothing but a act. I know people that have had strokes and they still work.

• Like 4

not that bad??

if I got hold of the creep, i'd saw his knackers off with a blunt, rusty knife, 70yo wheelchair-bound cripple or not!

• Like 5

Oregon loves keeping criminals on the streets....

I still have not figured it out.

• Like 1

Put it into context. He didnt even go to trial. They just reduced his charges and let him go. 1 year probation for the rape of each of 3 children. He should have spent and died in prison according to sentencing guidelines in Oregon but the county DA chose to set him free back on the community. He was obviously healthy enough to offend in the first place. Its disgusting.

I think that's pretty appalling

The DA serves the county and the county is made up of voters. See where I'm going with this, right? If the DA is elected then vote him out of office, if the DA is appointed then vote out whomever the hell it was that appointed him.

We get the government we deserve.

• Like 2

this is not that bad, he is walking veggie, wont harm no kids in this life anymore. i'm a lot more concern about those that come out healthy and strong and continue their crimes, on even bigger scale, due to new friends and connections they acquired in jails. very few ppl get "straight" in jails, but vast majority becomes even bigger criminals

Albert Fish was not healthy and strong either, did not stop him.

This guy can still think rotten and given the chance do rotten again too!

These people should die in jail.

• Like 3

The DA serves the county and the county is made up of voters. See where I'm going with this, right? If the DA is elected then vote him out of office, if the DA is appointed then vote out whomever the hell it was that appointed him.

We get the government we deserve.

I understand this very well. The problem being once voted in we cannot control the behavior of those elected. ad naseum. Also depends if hi is the DA or assistant DA. Assistant DA's are "hired"

Edited by AsteroidX
  • Like 1

It all comes down to the idea from the Libertarians and Tea Party crowd, we need to have less government. Well folks, this is less government. Cost big money to put on a trial then keep them in jail. This is what you get when you don't fund the court system.

I understand this very well. The problem being once voted in we cannot control the behavior of those elected. ad naseum.

Agreed

Also depends if hi is the DA or assistant DA. Assistant DA's are "hired"

Come election time fire them or fire their boss. Make elected official accountable.

• Like 1

The problem is not exclusive to America, In Britain the courts care even less and will move heaven and earth to ensure a paedophile is allowed to continue abusing kids, They try to cover it up with pathetically short jail sentences before releasing them to ruin more lives. Once someone is arrested and convicted, They are seen more as the victim and treated with kid gloves. The UK has introduced new benefit cuts recently, Paedophiles and sex offenders are exempt from some of these cuts. Tells you a lot really.

• Like 1

I don't think pedophiles should be getting any government benefits except the benefit of being in prison. That's the only thing I want them to receive.

• Like 2