Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

[Merged] Gobekli Tepe

• Please log in to reply
325 replies to this topic

#46    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

Telekinetic

• 7,459 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:13 PM

View PostThe Puzzler, on 12 August 2012 - 04:55 AM, said:

These bag shapes at the top here, they intrigue me.

Posted Image

I'm sure I've seen these before, on some palette or such from Egypt..? I know there is a purse carrying Assyrian God but the way these 3 'bags' are, does anyone recognise them from something else?

Also, on this website here: http://www.earthfile...ategory=Science  you can see a picture of the complete 'man', with the duck 'altar' at the base.

I have to admit the bird-figure on the monument is somewhat reminiscent of the bird-figures on the Sumerian monument known as the Stela of the Vultures. Whether this implies any real cross-cultural transference is another matter, given the great span of time between Göbekli Tepe and Sumer.

Posted Image
Words of wisdom from Richard Clopton:
For every credibility gap there is a gullibility fill.

Visit My Blog!

#47    Swede

Swede

Poltergeist

• 2,380 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:46 AM

View Postkmt_sesh, on 12 August 2012 - 11:13 PM, said:

I have to admit the bird-figure on the monument is somewhat reminiscent of the bird-figures on the Sumerian monument known as the Stela of the Vultures. Whether this implies any real cross-cultural transference is another matter, given the great span of time between Göbekli Tepe and Sumer.

Now, now... the upper section of the glyphs obviously represents the right forward side panels of a latter 1930's American coupe, possibly a 1936 model 618 Hupmobile, or rather similar Packards or Fords.

http://www.pbase.com...bile_30s&page=2

http://www.hubcapcaf...01/ford3901.htm

The depiction of the vultures (buzzards) would appear to be related to the well-documented utilization of vehicle-related roadkills as a nutritional source for said species.

#48    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

Telekinetic

• 7,459 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:18 AM

View PostSwede, on 13 August 2012 - 12:46 AM, said:

Now, now... the upper section of the glyphs obviously represents the right forward side panels of a latter 1930's American coupe, possibly a 1936 model 618 Hupmobile, or rather similar Packards or Fords.

The depiction of the vultures (buzzards) would appear to be related to the well-documented utilization of vehicle-related roadkills as a nutritional source for said species.

:w00t: Oh, damn, Swede. I just about laughed up my dinner. That hurt!

Posted Image
Words of wisdom from Richard Clopton:
For every credibility gap there is a gullibility fill.

Visit My Blog!

#49    jules99

jules99

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:03 AM

View PostThe Puzzler, on 12 August 2012 - 04:55 AM, said:

Hi Puzzler;
These bags seem to be set against a background of wheat sheaves, so  maybe harvest related. Oh wait, they aint farmers yet are they? The pattern behind the bags certainly looks similar to wheat sheafs, with the stalks tied below the bags and the heads of wheat above.

#50    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 3,271 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:43 AM

I do have to say some of these daters of Göbekli Tepe want to push time back, to fit into the  Atlantis`s so called time frame of a advanced society.Hunters and gatherers do not just come out of the woods 10,000 years ago to build T stones that perfect.  T stones builders don`t go back wards in time and in the evolution of making  the together of these stones. Its like those saying the great pyamid was made so perfect 10,000 years ago frist and all the other pyramid builders tried to copy it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megalith

http://www.spanishar...ria/taulas.html

Edited by docyabut2, 13 August 2012 - 12:28 PM.

#51    Quaentum

Quaentum

Psychic Spy

• 1,503 posts

• The number of fringe believers is inversely proportional to what is left to discover in our world.

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:25 PM

View PostSwede, on 13 August 2012 - 12:46 AM, said:

You're definitely on to something.  I believe that the vultures are hood ornaments similar to the one on the Addams Family Car

Posted Image

AA LOGIC
They didn't use thousands of workers - oops forgot about the work camps
There's no evidence for ramps - You found one?...Bummer
Well we know they didn't use ancient tools to cut and shape the stones - Chisel marks?  Craps
I still say aliens built them!

#52    SpectralEdge

SpectralEdge

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 51 posts

• This is the story of how I died.

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:38 AM

Sorry if this has been posted before. I found it interesting but the article is from a few years ago.

http://www.sott.net/...in-the-Remaking

#53    The_Spartan

The_Spartan

Spartan Forever!!!!

• 3,722 posts

• Gravity is Arbitrary!!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:46 AM

It has indeed been posted numerous times, discussed numerous times and it has got a name too Gobekli Tepe.
If you could have bothered to do a search, you would have found the latest threads on Gobekli Tepe.

"Wise men, when in doubt whether to speak or to keep quiet, give themselves the benefit of the doubt, and remain silent.-Napoleon Hill

Follow my stupid posts on Tumblr at Azrael's Ramblings

#54    sam12six

sam12six

Psychic Spy

• 1,363 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:16 AM

POPULAR

View PostThe_Spartan, on 17 September 2012 - 04:46 AM, said:

It has indeed been posted numerous times, discussed numerous times and it has got a name too Gobekli Tepe.
If you could have bothered to do a search, you would have found the latest threads on Gobekli Tepe.

You're not wrong, but why bother posting just to be so dickish about it? It's not like the OP said, "Here's something you all knew nothing about!!". She even started off by apologizing if it had been discussed before. It just seems like it would be more community minded to either ignore it if you didn't feel like participating in the discussion  again or just point the new person in the direction of those latest threads.

With as much misinformation as fringe sites keep alive, it's inevitable that new people are going to show up wanting to rehash things that have been discussed (and often debunked) before. I'd think someone interested in the actual facts of these discussions (as I know you are from your posts) would see it as an opportunity to steer people in the direction of the truth as opposed to jumping down their throats for trying to start a dialogue without noticing that the dialogue was already in progress elsewhere.

#55    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,098 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:29 AM

Here's a list of topics about Göbekli Tepe:

(click the thumbnail)

Attached File  GöbekliTepe_list.jpg   79.73K   35 downloads

#56    SpectralEdge

SpectralEdge

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 51 posts

• This is the story of how I died.

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:35 AM

Considering searching for "Ancient temple" brings me about 12 hours worth of reading to figure out, and I didn't know it had a specific name, searching would have been kinda pointless.

I did apologize in case it had been already hashed through but thought I was being polite in posting if it had not.

So sorry. I won't post anything new until I have read every single thread on the site. Forgive my impertinence.

#57    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,098 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:41 AM

View PostSpectralEdge, on 17 September 2012 - 06:35 AM, said:

Considering searching for "Ancient temple" brings me about 12 hours worth of reading to figure out, and I didn't know it had a specific name, searching would have been kinda pointless.

I did apologize in case it had been already hashed through but thought I was being polite in posting if it had not.

So sorry. I won't post anything new until I have read every single thread on the site. Forgive my impertinence.

Just read the latests ones, in this forum.

#58    Professor Buzzkill

Professor Buzzkill

Integrity is all we have

• 2,583 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:41 AM

View PostSpectralEdge, on 17 September 2012 - 06:35 AM, said:

Relax mate. Taking things personally on these forums is a waste of time. Basically, debating on UM is like competing in the special Olympics, you may win but your still retarded.

#59    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,098 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:46 AM

View PostProfessor Buzzkill, on 17 September 2012 - 06:41 AM, said:

Relax mate. Taking things personally on these forums is a waste of time. Basically, debating on UM is like competing in the special Olympics, you may win but your still retarded.

We can make this in yet another bicker thread, or be a bit constructive.

#60    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,098 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:51 AM

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=231550

Edited by Abramelin, 17 September 2012 - 06:52 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users