Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Evil Dead Remake

Simbi Laveau

http://www.geeksofdoom.com/2012/10/14/nycc-2012-bruce-campbell-dominates-evil-dead-remake-panel/

Comic con nyc,hosted the new Evil Dead panel ,with Bruce Campbell stealing the show.

One still have been released .

That's below .

http://www.geeksofdoom.com/2012/10/14/first-image-from-the-evil-dead-remake/

Edited by Simbi Laveau

i have very very verrrry low expectations for this remake.

The mood will never be captured properly is my guess,but those of us that saw the original way back when ,will be the ones that will notice,or care.

I saw Evil Dead,The Musical ,and it rocked .

I was in the front row .I had to wear one of those blood raincoats .

Bruce did a Q&A after the show . He came to like the first seven performances .

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 2

Wasnt the first one bad enough?

BLASPHEMY !

CLASSIC TRIOLGY

• Like 7

Can't believe they're doing a remake. Maybe with Campbell producing it won't be a total let down.

• Like 1

No thanks. Do they not realize that the original has been one of the most imitated movies in history? Every movie about kids in a cabin in the woods is a remake of evil dead. Hell, they even made a movie called "Cabin in the Woods".

Adding this to the list already populated by the Carrie remake and the RoboCop remake.

Well, I do like Bruce Campbell, but that Evil Dead movie was horrible.

Maybe a redo would make it watchable. I don't care for cheesy horror, I like it scary.

To be honest, anything Sam Raimi has ever made has not impressed me.

Ash: You b*******, why are you torturing me like this? Why?

Voice on Recorder: I believe I have made a significant find in the Kandarian ruins, a volume of ancient Sumarian burial practices and funerary incantations. It is entitled "Naturum De Montum", roughly translated: Book of the Dead. The book is bound in human flesh and inked in human blood. It deals with demons and demon resurrection and those forces which roam the forest and dark bowers of Man's domain. The first few pages warn that these enduring creatures may lie dormant but are never truly dead. They may be recalled to active life through the incantations presented in this book. It is through the recitation of these passages that the demons are given license to possess the living.

I hate remakes, why remake something that already exists?

It's an underground cult classic that has potential to be seen in a new perspective with the hand of a new director. Long-time fans will be beside themselves. Anyone else won't get it. But these type of movie series are for the diehards.

The idea of a remake is to make minor changes to improve, by the way.

I'm a die hard fan of the ED trilogy and Bruce Campbell so at first I was very against this. But Bruce is producing, Sam Raimi has also sung its praises and said he's been wanting a remake for a long time so they could get better actors and better effects, and imo the trailer looks really promising. Bruce also said it's not going to be watered down and he's hoping for people to walk out in the theater. So basically they're modernizing it and looking to traumatize a new generation. Which is cool by me.

• Like 1

Looking forward to this I can't help it. Horrible B movies and Bruce's comedy have a special place in my heart.

• Like 2

I hate remakes, why remake something that already exists?

It's easier than remaking something that doesn't already exist. ; )My first reaction to this was to be against it, but since most horror movies suck these days and Evil Dead 2 is one my my all time favorites I have to admit I'll go see this when it releases.

Edited by MysticStrummer
  • Like 1

Looking forward to this I can't help it. Horrible B movies and Bruce's comedy have a special place in my heart.

It's not going to be a B movie and no comedy will be involved though...

• Like 1

It's not going to be a B movie and no comedy will be involved though...

If Bruce Campbell's eyebrow mannerisms will be in it, there will always be comedy involved.

• Like 1

If Bruce Campbell's eyebrow mannerisms will be in it, there will always be comedy involved.

Haha tha's very true, and we can only hope for that.

Yeah, Bruce is all for it. I've already seen the leaked trailer, I would have posted it but I figured it would get taken down for copyright stuff. It's coming out officially today though.

Just watched the trailer Thanks

~TheBigK~

Looks like it's gonna be KILLER !! Can't wait :clap:

ED 2 has always been one of my favorite horror movies.

• Like 2

Wasnt the first one bad enough?

Well yeah...Thats why they made EVIL DEAD 2 ! :rolleyes:

Well yeah...Thats why they made EVIL DEAD 2 ! :rolleyes:

The first one is actually a milestone in horror.

Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell ,both were launched from it ,and it took years to make .

They has soooo little money ,they had to start and stop filming for months . The make up was very low budget .

The actors kept getting eye infections from the contact lenses etc. Everyone was a complete trooper in making it .

At the time,it was premiere in horror ,for all of us. There was nothing else like it before.

It set a new standard in horror.

Respect !

• Like 3