Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Leading A Blind Horse To Water

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1    soulpowertothenthdegree

soulpowertothenthdegree

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 136 posts

• Control Your Soul!!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:01 PM

Ever heard the old saying, "You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make him drink"?

I have a new variation, "You can lead a blind horse to water, but he cannot drink what he cannot see".

You are perplexed and scratching your head no doubt.

The reason I decided to write this thread is for the simple fact that I have been leading a blind horse and she cannot see where the water is in order to drink it.

I have intuition about things many times and try to share these with people from time to time in hopes that they will gain valuable insight into situations involving their every day lives.

If you have the water to share and the horse refuses to see it, what can you do about it?

Nothing, it is their choice to decide if they want to drink it.  Even if they can see it, denial (being blind) can convince anyone to ignore even the most obvious signs (a lake).

This applies in any situation where advice is dispensed, willingly by request or forced upon someone.

The person with the advice (intuition) simply has to accept that no matter how badly we want the other person to drink the water (seen or unseen) it is not for them to expect that person to accept the offering.

Expectations are very difficult to avoid.  It is a lesson that many fail to learn.

Me, Myself and I are the only 3 people I have a right to expect anything from.  We can have expectations of others if we choose to do so, but we must be prepared to be disappointed if we allow those expectations to exceed the level of unreasonableness.  What is unreasonable?  Any expectation you have for another person, place or thing that is out of your control is unreasonable.

I kid myself all the time about having reasonable expectations and guess what?  I am found to be disappointed still.

If you make an appointment to see a doctor, is it reasonable to expect the doctor will be on time?  No.

If you have a job interview scheduled for a specific time, is it reasonable to expect them to be on time?  No.

If you order food from a delivery service, is it reasonable to expect it to be the correct order, fresh and hot and delivered in a specific time frame?  No.

The list could be a mile long.  The answer is still the same.  Even reasonable expectations can be hard to meet, so what is the best way to handle any situation?

My signature is the best way.

Soul

GIVE ME THE ABILITY TO UNDERSTAND THE THINGS I HAVE NO CONTROL OVER, (PEOPLE, PLACES & THINGS);
GIVE ME THE ABILITY TO UNDERSTAND THE THINGS I DO HAVE CONTROL OVER, (ME, MYSELF & I);
GIVE ME THE ABILITY TO UNDERSTAND THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO!!

#2    StarMountainKid

StarMountainKid

Cheese

• 4,299 posts

• We have problems because we stray from what is innocent and pure.

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:16 PM

For the first part of your post, all anyone can do is point the way they think best for someone. The rest is up to the other person, to follow the indicated path or not. But, who is to say the pointed direction is best for that person at that moment? Perhaps that person will gain more personal insight going his/her own direction.

As for expectations, I don't expect much in these circumstances, so I'm not usually disappointed.

I thought the saying was, "You can lead a horse to water, but you know what a wet horse smells like".

The acceptance of authority does not lead to intelligence.
A mind untouched by thought...the end of knowledge.
To see reality loose your opinions.

#3    Jinxdom

Jinxdom

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

• Education...has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading.
    -- G.M. Trevelyan

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:43 PM

You know I find that saying quite stupid. I find that I can lead a horse to water and all I need to do is ask them to drink.
Telling them to drink does no good, but asking that they do works.
Then again when I deal with my friends and family, I proved they can trust me.

When I give my friends advice, I also ask them to take the first step. Makes a huge difference.

With that attitude, I wouldn't follow your advice(couldn't even trust you for that matter) either.

#4    soulpowertothenthdegree

soulpowertothenthdegree

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 136 posts

• Control Your Soul!!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

Jinxdom, on 13 January 2013 - 09:43 PM, said:

You know I find that saying quite stupid. I find that I can lead a horse to water and all I need to do is ask them to drink.
Telling them to drink does no good, but asking that they do works.
Then again when I deal with my friends and family, I proved they can trust me.

When I give my friends advice, I also ask them to take the first step. Makes a huge difference.

With that attitude, I wouldn't follow your advice(couldn't even trust you for that matter) either.

Fortunately, my expectations were not that high for someone such as yourself to actually understand what it is that I am putting forth.  That is a ridiculous avatar you have by the way.

GIVE ME THE ABILITY TO UNDERSTAND THE THINGS I HAVE NO CONTROL OVER, (PEOPLE, PLACES & THINGS);
GIVE ME THE ABILITY TO UNDERSTAND THE THINGS I DO HAVE CONTROL OVER, (ME, MYSELF & I);

#5    soulpowertothenthdegree

soulpowertothenthdegree

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 136 posts

• Control Your Soul!!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:55 PM

StarMountainKid, on 13 January 2013 - 09:16 PM, said:

For the first part of your post, all anyone can do is point the way they think best for someone. The rest is up to the other person, to follow the indicated path or not. But, who is to say the pointed direction is best for that person at that moment? Perhaps that person will gain more personal insight going his/her own direction.

As for expectations, I don't expect much in these circumstances, so I'm not usually disappointed.

I thought the saying was, "You can lead a horse to water, but you know what a wet horse smells like".

A wet horse smells like **** I am sure.  The point I was trying to make is you can give advice and what anyone decides to do with it is their choice.  Expectations, well, it is always best to prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

#6    emberdawn

emberdawn

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 232 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:06 PM

Have you considered that is person hearing two different things and these things conflict. So they ignore both sides because what else can one do. You know what you are saying to her but do you know what others are saying to her?

#7    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,590 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

Yea you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.  If he doesn't, fine, but I won't wait around all day for him to do so.  It would be like beating a dead horse because he won't get up.  Posted Image

#8    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

dimple

• 10,116 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

The thing about horses is they have a very good sense of smell, so, even if the horse was blind he could tell if you had placed him in front of a stagnant water-trough OR a pure, clean stream ............. ;)

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

#9    Jinxdom

Jinxdom

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

• Education...has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading.
    -- G.M. Trevelyan

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:50 PM

soulpowertothenthdegree, on 13 January 2013 - 09:49 PM, said:

Fortunately, my expectations were not that high for someone such as yourself to actually understand what it is that I am putting forth.  That is a ridiculous avatar you have by the way.

Rofl, if you think so.

Dealing with people is an art form that some people will never quite grasp.

What I understand is that you have an unrealistic way of thinking about people and problems.

Do you like being told what to do? That is what advice is after all.

#10    soulpowertothenthdegree

soulpowertothenthdegree

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 136 posts

• Control Your Soul!!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:20 AM

emberdawn, on 13 January 2013 - 10:06 PM, said:

Have you considered that is person hearing two different things and these things conflict. So they ignore both sides because what else can one do. You know what you are saying to her but do you know what others are saying to her?

What difference does it make, the information is for their benefit, what they decide to do with it is their choice, the fact is I know certain things are going to occur whether they want them to or not.  Fortunately, they will still have the information to access when it does.

#11    soulpowertothenthdegree

soulpowertothenthdegree

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 136 posts

• Control Your Soul!!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:22 AM

Jinxdom, on 13 January 2013 - 10:50 PM, said:

Rofl, if you think so.

Dealing with people is an art form that some people will never quite grasp.

What I understand is that you have an unrealistic way of thinking about people and problems.

Do you like being told what to do? That is what advice is after all.

lmao.  if you say so.

#12    soulpowertothenthdegree

soulpowertothenthdegree

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 136 posts

• Control Your Soul!!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:23 AM

ouija ouija, on 13 January 2013 - 10:37 PM, said:

The thing about horses is they have a very good sense of smell, so, even if the horse was blind he could tell if you had placed him in front of a stagnant water-trough OR a pure, clean stream ............. ;)

water is water.  if you need it bad enough it won't matter.

#13    soulpowertothenthdegree

soulpowertothenthdegree

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 136 posts

• Control Your Soul!!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:26 AM

Hilander, on 13 January 2013 - 10:14 PM, said:

Yea you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.  If he doesn't, fine, but I won't wait around all day for him to do so.  It would be like beating a dead horse because he won't get up.  Posted Image

well sometimes you need the horse.  patience is necessary.  better blind than dead.

#14    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,826 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:16 AM

Most people desire to use their own intuition if evidence is lacking. In order to lead (most people anyway) you're going to have to present them with something more tangible than your own personal intuition/feelings. You're going to have to convince others that you have the insight/knowledge/wisdom necessary to lead them.

People simply aren't horses content to be lead. People tend to want to think for themselves.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#15    AquilaChrysaetos

AquilaChrysaetos

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

• "Some people wish to be the sun, so they can brighten your day. I wish to be the moon, which shines down upon you in your darkest hour."

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:26 AM

You can post a big bold colorful OP, but you can't make me read it. B)

Jesus Christ - Matthew 28:18-20 said:

"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users