Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Hobbits of North Caucasus

hobbit dolmen pyramid black sea

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:21 PM

Im not expert in Russian language but as I understand ,area where this dolmens are, is called Krasnodar krai which means Krasno=Beautifull Dar=Gift Krai=Area.
Anyway in that area ,at shores at Black sea and north Caucasus mountains we can found interesting dolmens with very small holes.
As they say that picture say 1000 words I will provide you link and post some pictures where you can see how small are holes on that dolmens. Maybe they were not houses, maybe just storage for food, or even shelter where you can run from huge predators. But you cant ignore idea that they were houses for small people.
Interesting is that there is strange pyramid looking dolmen.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by the L, 28 May 2012 - 01:36 PM.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#2    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:23 PM

Posted Image

Perfect circles.

Posted Image

Carved wall here.

Posted Image

See more here and judge for yourself.

http://www.theliving...an_Dolmens.html

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.

#3    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:25 PM

Posted Image

More felief.

#4    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:33 PM

Posted Image

#5    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:35 PM

Posted Image

#6    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,071 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:47 PM

That was an interesting read, L.. Never heard of these Russian dolmen.

But you can be sure that if it were real 'little people' or people similar to those Indonesian 'hobbits' who built these structures, they would have found some skeletons. they must have built thousands of these little dolmen.

And what about the writing they found:

Archeologists find ancient writings on Sochi’s dolmens
Russia, Sochi News March 24th, 2007

Members of Sochi geographical Society had discovered ancient writings on Dolmens located in Sochi area. During their expedition scientists saw images on some of the stones and noticed that they closely resemble Asian petroglyphs. They also believe that these petroglyphs are not just pictures, but have a meaning.

Russian Academy of Sciences, St.Petersburg, since 1997.

http://www.theliving...an_Dolmens.html

You have pictures of those too?

Something I noticed: though most of these dolmen with holes in them appear to be standing alone, it appears that originally they were part of a wall like structure (click on thumbnail):

Attached File  Zhane Valley.jpg   74.94K   40 downloads

http://web.archive.o....ru/hp/wacfund/

Edited by Abramelin, 28 May 2012 - 01:48 PM.

#7    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:03 PM

Greetings Abramelin,

Yes I notice on my link one as part of larger building. I was thinkin maybe they lived there but when night fell they went into holes.
I was thinkin on some succesors of indonesian hobbits or even developed on their own. About skeletons, absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Maybe they left. Maybe bones were not preserved. Nature can easily desroy bones. Im aware of scrypt yet I dont know what to tell. Also they say in that site that they found stone balls and carved animals.

btw:great pic.

Edited by the L, 28 May 2012 - 02:04 PM.

#8    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,071 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:08 PM

View Postthe L, on 28 May 2012 - 02:03 PM, said:

Greetings Abramelin,

Yes I notice on my link one as part of larger building. I was thinkin maybe they lived there but when night fell they went into holes.
I was thinkin on some succesors of indonesian hobbits or even developed on their own. About skeletons, absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Maybe they left. Maybe bones were not preserved. Nature can easily desroy bones. Im aware of scrypt yet I dont know what to tell. Also they say in that site that they found stone balls and carved animals.

They found bones of Neanderthals and in the west, Georgia, they found bones of millions of years older ancestors of modern men. From the large number of these little dolmens I gather it must have been quite a large number of people who built them and lived there.

And how about any local legends about 'little pople'? Are there any?

Personally I think they were used in some ceremony. Maybe stuff and herbs were being burned in those dolmen, and the hole was there so the smoke (hallucinogens?) could escape.

Edited by Abramelin, 28 May 2012 - 02:08 PM.

#9    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:09 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taphonomy

Taphonomy teach us that fossils cant be preserved in acid area. Which are forests. Evoulution probably happened in forest thats why we will never be able to find evidence.

#10    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:10 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 28 May 2012 - 02:08 PM, said:

Personally I think they were used in some ceremony. Maybe stuff and herbs were being burned in those dolmen, and the hole was there so the smoke (hallucinogens?) could escape.

Holy smoke. :wacko:

Edit: I just search for legends:)

Edited by the L, 28 May 2012 - 02:11 PM.

#11    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,302 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:55 PM

I'd suggest that the holes are symbolic/ritual in purpose, and not the actual entrances where the dead were put into the dolmen. Probably the dolmen's were built around the dead, rather then built and then having the body put in. Some of those holes are too small even for small children.

Very interesting subject!

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#12    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 07:24 PM

I dont have problems with small people hypothesis. Im sure that all that myths about giants were true, at least one. Flo is fine example who spicies can be different.

Thanks Die.
I dont think it was tomb. Im sure that was a shelter or storage. Would you rather live in your house or burry dead there and go live outside? Could be but I dont think its  very possible. I was thinking that would be usefull as prison, punishment at first

Edited by the L, 28 May 2012 - 07:27 PM.

#13    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 5,481 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 28 May 2012 - 07:35 PM

Cool L.   I've seen pictures of these dolmen before.  Dolmen are in many parts of the world , except the Americas
... i think
i like your idea DieChecker,   the holes are the perfect size for souls or spirits to come and go.  ... but , then again, small animals too.. that fact makes me doubt they would be used as tombs  ?

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#14    praetorian-legio XIII

praetorian-legio XIII

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

• Beer; Now there's a temporary solution.

Posted 28 May 2012 - 07:38 PM

food storage?

#15    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 07:40 PM

Maybe traps for animals?, unless they cultivated mushrooms...Mushrooms usually need moist, watery area, cool and dark. Perfect place for growing.
Some say that Shrooms grow better in dark.

Edited by the L, 28 May 2012 - 07:52 PM.

Also tagged with hobbit, dolmen, pyramid, black sea

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users