Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 6 votes

[Merged] Did we land on the moon?

nasa apollo hoax

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2593 replies to this topic

#1726    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 32,072 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:07 AM

View PostCzero 101, on 04 March 2013 - 03:33 AM, said:

Oh just you wait... it goes in cycles with him. He's discussed this before, and will discuss it again after he figures enough time has passed that people have forgotten when he posted these ludicrous ideas this time around.

Cz

Is he Ralph Rene` by any chance?

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#1727    Belial

Belial

Devilish chappy.

• 4,417 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:22 AM

What's happened to Jarrah?

Where it states "For official use only" - gently rub a white wax candle over the area indicated.

Kick a habit - i never did like Tolkien...

#1728    rambaldi

rambaldi

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:20 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 07 March 2013 - 04:07 AM, said:

Is he Ralph Rene` by any chance?

Probably not, but most of his claims are countered, dead and buried even longer than RR.

#1729    turbonium

turbonium

Government Agent

• 4,344 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:33 AM

View PostRaptorBites, on 04 March 2013 - 02:44 AM, said:

Wow, had to catch up on this one while I was away on a mission for the Army.

I mean really, were the stars the actual reason why we went to the moon and not the moon itself?  The astronauts were experts at their particular job, not expert astronomers.  Their mission was the moon for heavens sakes.  I don't blame them for not being able to describe how the stars look in space, as it is not a priority.

So?? Stars were not a priority for the missions I cited, either!!

You know Apollo mentioned stars?

Stars, which had nothing to do with their 'priority'?.

Such a nonsensical excuse..

#1730    turbonium

turbonium

Government Agent

• 4,344 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:52 AM

View PostCzero 101, on 04 March 2013 - 04:22 AM, said:

And actually, to be clear, the most ignorant topic turbs has brought up in the past was the "I can see the director's chair, guy with a beard, and crew person's shirt sleeve peeking out from behind a curtain in the video clip of the side of Apollo 12 LEM"... at least I think it was Apollo 12. It hurts my head to think down to the level needed to actually believe that tripe of his, so I try not to do it very often, or at all...

Regardless, that one is, to my knowledge, quite rightly the single most ignorant thing he's brought up, at least on this board....

Your head hurts to think about it. So you bring it up.

It's a worthless, goofy argument. So you bring it up.

It was discussed at length several years ago. So you bring it up.  

Nothing bizarro about that, of course...... :whistle:

#1731    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 31,288 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:22 AM

View Postturbonium, on 08 March 2013 - 06:33 AM, said:

Such a nonsensical excuse..

You have been proven wrong time after time after time and it seems you have been unable to catch the hints.

KEEP YOUR MACH UP AND CHECK SIX

#1732    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 31,288 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:32 AM

View Postturbonium, on 08 March 2013 - 07:52 AM, said:

It's a worthless, goofy argument. So you bring it up.

What was really goofy, among many others, was you claim that astronauts could not bend their knees. That was a mind-boggling statement to say the least, especially in light of the fact that posters had presented photos of people bending their knees in pressurized suits, a feat you'd claimed was impossible.

It all goes to prove that you are not tuned to the right channel.

Edited by skyeagle409, 08 March 2013 - 08:51 AM.

#1733    turbonium

turbonium

Government Agent

• 4,344 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:13 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 06 March 2013 - 06:31 AM, said:

They did report stars, you feel the descriptions were not flamboyant enough.

Apollo crews describe the stars just like anyone on Earth commonly would.

The others (I've cited) experience the stars. No superlatives can do it justice.

Apollo didn't experience the stars, which means they didn't fly to the moon.

Perhaps it's not proof, but it is sound logic

#1734    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 31,288 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:17 AM

View Postturbonium, on 08 March 2013 - 09:13 AM, said:

On the contrary, countries have confirmed tracking Apollo moon missions and photographic Apollo landing sites, which once again, proves you wrong.

Posted Image

Observers of all missions

The Soviet Union monitored the missions at their Space Transmissions Corps, which was "fully equipped with the latest intelligence-gathering and surveillance equipment".Vasily Mishin ("The Moon Programme That Faltered."), in Spaceflight. 33 (March 1991), pages 2–3 describes how the Soviet Moon programme lost energy after the Apollo landing. The missions were tracked by radar from several countries on the way to the Moon and back.

The NASA Manned Space Flight Network (MSFN) was a world-wide network of stations that tracked the Mercury, Gemini, Apollo and Skylab missions. Most MSFN stations were only needed during the launch, Earth orbit and landing phases of the lunar missions, but three "deep space" sites with larger antennas provided continuous coverage during the trans-lunar, trans-earth and lunar mission phases. Today, these three sites form the NASA Deep Space Network: the Goldstone Deep Space Communications Complex near Goldstone, California; the Madrid Deep Space Communication Complex near Madrid, Spain; and the Canberra Deep Space Communication Complex, in Tidbinbilla, near Canberra, Australia.

Although most MSFN stations were NASA-owned, they employed many local citizens. NASA also contracted the Parkes Observatory in New South Wales, Australia, to supplement the three deep space sites, most famously during the Apollo 11 EVA as documented in Publications of the Astronomical Society of Australia[30][31] and portrayed (humorously and not quite accurately) in the movie The Dish. The Parkes Observatory is not NASA-owned; it is, and always has been, owned and operated by the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO), a research agency of the Australian government.

Several other Australian sites which are no longer part of the Deep Space Network were also involved in relaying Apollo lunar transmissions. The deep space (lunar) tracking station was originally Honeysuckle Creek Tracking Station. Carnarvon Tracking Station was one of the smaller and more numerous MSFN sites used primarily to support the near-earth segments of Apollo missions, though it also relayed data from the ALSEP lunar surface experiments. Due to its location on Australia's west coast, Carnarvon played a special role in the Apollo trans lunar injection and atmospheric reentry phases. Deakin Switching Centre routed the Apollo television broadcasts.

It would have been relatively easy for NASA to avoid using the Parkes Observatory to receive the Apollo 11 EVA television signals by scheduling the EVA at an earlier time when the Goldstone station could provide complete coverage.

http://en.wikipedia....o_Moon_landings

Telescopic Tracking of the Apollo Lunar Missions

Apollo 14

This image of Apollo 14 during a water dump (including SLA panels) is provided in an archival image courtesy of current director Elaine Halbedel, from the Corralitos Observatory files. This was done with a TV system on the 24-inch reflector. The motion of the objects brings out not only the spacecraft and S-IVB booster stage, but the four SLA panels.

http://www.astr.ua.e...ace/apollo.html

I might add that my flying buddy was on the flight crew that flew the Apollo 14 astronauts from Pago Pago to Texas. His mission originated from Travis AFB, CA. which was my base. In fact, I have attached the newspaper article as he prepared to board his aircraft to pick up the Apollo 14 astronauts after their returned trip from the moon. I might also add that he met with President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden recently in Washington D.C.

Attached Files

Edited by skyeagle409, 08 March 2013 - 09:40 AM.

#1735    Emma_Acid

Emma_Acid

Alien Abducter

• 4,583 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:12 PM

View Postturbonium, on 08 March 2013 - 09:13 AM, said:

Apollo crews describe the stars just like anyone on Earth commonly would.

The others (I've cited) experience the stars. No superlatives can do it justice.

Perhaps it's not proof, but it is sound logic

I've been dipping into this argument on a daily basis since the beginning, watched countless arguments being brought up and then ditched, and I have to say this is the weakest one yet, by a good couple of light years.

"Science is the least subjective form of deduction" ~ A. Mulder

#1736    Obviousman

Obviousman

Spaced out and plane crazy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:54 PM

Weak? It's so weak it's homeopathic!

#1737    turbonium

turbonium

Government Agent

• 4,344 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:40 AM

View PostEmma_Acid, on 08 March 2013 - 01:12 PM, said:

I've been dipping into this argument on a daily basis since the beginning, watched countless arguments being brought up and then ditched, and I have to say this is the weakest one yet, by a good couple of light years.

It's much weaker to have no support for your argument!

#1738    turbonium

turbonium

Government Agent

• 4,344 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:54 AM

View PostObviousman, on 08 March 2013 - 09:54 PM, said:

Weak? It's so weak it's homeopathic!

It's so weak that it is an archaic, highly disputed system of medicine?

Err..you go right ahead with that, now... :unsure2:

#1739    Iron_Lotus

Iron_Lotus

Happy

• 2,498 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:19 PM

View Postturbonium, on 09 March 2013 - 11:40 AM, said:

It's much weaker to have no support for your argument!

standard turb posts, flaps his gums then someone comes along and and shows you to be wrong so ignores the post completely and responds to someone else... sad

Edited by Iron_Lotus, 09 March 2013 - 03:19 PM.

#1740    postbaguk

postbaguk

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:54 AM

OK, so on the one hand, we have the unimpeachable evidence of astronauts failing to use the word "amazing" in relation to stars as being cast-iron proof that an entire moon landing programme was hoaxed.

On the other hand, we have this comparison of a photo that Apollo 16 astronauts took of North Ray crater, compared with what LRO saw recently.

LROC image - North Crater is the large, bright crater at the top of the image.

Apollo image - taken from Station 11 to the south of the crater rim.

Posted Image

Here are just some of the interesting features that match up between the two images.

Posted Image

I'll leave it to anyone reading the thread to decide what constitutes the better evidence.