Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

Gun Control Will not work!

gun control guns control 2nd amendment

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#31    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,307 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:26 AM

View Postwatoom, on 16 April 2013 - 03:12 AM, said:

It is the paranoid conspiracy mentality sweeping the US (throwback the the cold war era) that is clouding many peoples judgements.

No, it's our ability to understand history. I don't want to join a gun club or partake in competitions. At that point it ceases to be a right and becomes a privilege. Maybe I want to shoot targets in my own back yard. Why the hell should I not be allowed if I have the land to do so? I live in near the city and completely understand why I can't and shouldn't do that. All my bullets would end up in my neighbors house. With great rights come great responsibilities and rights are only to be lost when you treat them irresponsibly. A fraction of a fraction of guns are used irresponsibly. Why should a million people have to lose their rights do to the actions of a hundred?

Posted Image

#32    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,307 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:28 AM

View Postwatoom, on 16 April 2013 - 03:26 AM, said:

It may not solve the problem but it will go a long way towards preventing massacres on such large scale.

BTW anyone can pull statistics out of their ass to provide evidence for their hypothesis .

Then begin pulling.

Posted Image

#33    watoom

watoom

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:31 AM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 16 April 2013 - 03:28 AM, said:

Then begin pulling.

100% of gun deaths are caused by guns.

#34    CRYSiiSx2

CRYSiiSx2

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:31 AM

View Postwatoom, on 16 April 2013 - 03:26 AM, said:

It may not solve the problem but it will go a long way towards preventing massacres on such large scale.

BTW anyone can pull statistics out of their ass to provide evidence for their hypothesis .

How is an AR-15 a machine gun by the way?

Posted Image
NRA - PROTECT THE 2ND AMENDMENT
my twitter @sktm06

#35    CRYSiiSx2

CRYSiiSx2

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:32 AM

View Postwatoom, on 16 April 2013 - 03:31 AM, said:

You're right, let's ban alcohol because all drunk driving deaths are caused by drunk drivers.  Also lets ban all sharp edges because that's what 100% of stabbings are caused from.

Posted Image
my twitter @sktm06

#36    watoom

watoom

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:32 AM

View PostCRYSiiSx2, on 16 April 2013 - 03:31 AM, said:

How is an AR-15 a machine gun by the way?

I never said it was.

#37    CRYSiiSx2

CRYSiiSx2

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:35 AM

View Postwatoom, on 16 April 2013 - 03:32 AM, said:

I never said it was.

Then tell me what "machine guns" we are buying that you think should be banned.

Posted Image
my twitter @sktm06

#38    watoom

watoom

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:35 AM

View PostCRYSiiSx2, on 16 April 2013 - 03:32 AM, said:

You're right, let's ban alcohol because all drunk driving deaths are caused by drunk drivers.  Also lets ban all sharp edges because that's what 100% of stabbings are caused from.

There are laws regarding who can sell alcohol and who they can sell it to. There are also laws regarding the carrying of knives.

#39    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,307 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:36 AM

View Postwatoom, on 16 April 2013 - 03:31 AM, said:

100% of car accidents are caused by cars. Lets ban em or compete in NASCAR if you want to drive them.
100% of homicides cause death. Lets ban homicides. That's worked so far.
The missing link in stats like yours is that 100% of them were controlled by people. Lets ban people. Lets ban breaking the law. Lets add more laws to break hoping that no one will break them. C'mon. You have to have something better than that.

Posted Image

#40    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,307 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:37 AM

And there are umpteen laws concerning the carrying, possession and use of guns. You're struggling.

Posted Image

#41    watoom

watoom

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:37 AM

View PostCRYSiiSx2, on 16 April 2013 - 03:35 AM, said:

Then tell me what "machine guns" we are buying that you think should be banned.

Any fully auto gun.

#42    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,307 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:40 AM

View Postwatoom, on 16 April 2013 - 03:37 AM, said:

Any fully auto gun.
Why? They never used in your average nightly news shooting and if they were they were illegal guns anyways and they haven't been used in any massacres that I recall either.

Posted Image

#43    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,813 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:45 AM

View PostCRYSiiSx2, on 16 April 2013 - 02:33 AM, said:

Wish there was a way everyone could dislike your comments on here.  Then you would know where you stand.

Unlike you perhaps, my self worth isn't tied to how many likes or dislikes my comments get.

Uh... Isn't that excactly what I wrote? Those law abiding citizens when it comes to tyranny are Obliged to not follow the law and locate and obtain guns to resist said tyranny.

Even if it means dealing with.... Canada.      

I wasn't disagreeing with you. I was just stating that it's not logical to use the two arguments together. Its illogical to say "gun control wont work because people will still be able to obtain guns, although illegally" and then say "if gun control is enacted, I wont be able to fight a tyrant government because I wont be able to get guns".

I don't understand why people like Crysis and Mr_Fess are having such a hard time with my post. Is it not logically sound? Where's the logical inconsistency of what I'm saying? Or are they simply opposed to my post because it doesn't contain a criticism of gun control?

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#44    watoom

watoom

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:47 AM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 16 April 2013 - 03:36 AM, said:

100% of car accidents are caused by cars. Lets ban em or compete in NASCAR if you want to drive them.
100% of homicides cause death. Lets ban homicides. That's worked so far.
The missing link in stats like yours is that 100% of them were controlled by people. Lets ban people. Lets ban breaking the law. Lets add more laws to break hoping that no one will break them. C'mon. You have to have something better than that.

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 16 April 2013 - 03:37 AM, said:

And there are umpteen laws concerning the carrying, possession and use of guns. You're struggling.

Again there are laws regarding the use of cars.

As for proof that gun control can work look at Australia and the laws resulting from the Port Arthur Massacre and the result it had on gun related violence.

354 victims in 1996, but only 260 victims in 2010, a decrease of 27 percent
The proportion of homicide victims killed by offenders using firearms in 2009–10 represented a decrease of 18 percentage points from the peak of 31 percent in 1995–96
Firearm suicides have fallen from about 22% of all suicides in 1992 to 7% of all suicides in 2005

#45    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,307 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:57 AM

View PostStellar, on 16 April 2013 - 03:45 AM, said:

Unlike you perhaps, my self worth isn't tied to how many likes or dislikes my comments get.

I wasn't disagreeing with you. I was just stating that it's not logical to use the two arguments together. Its illogical to say "gun control wont work because people will still be able to obtain guns, although illegally" and then say "if gun control is enacted, I wont be able to fight a tyrant government because I wont be able to get guns".

I don't understand why people like Crysis and Mr_Fess are having such a hard time with my post. Is it not logically sound? Where's the logical inconsistency of what I'm saying? Or are they simply opposed to my post because it doesn't contain a criticism of gun control?
Because, in that particular extreme scenario we don't want to have to go scrambling about looking for the local gun king pin hoping to barter what little left we have for a weapon. Outside of that scenario, we don't want to have to go looking for seedy underground gun dealers and becoming criminals in the process. You claim to own guns. I trust you to be responsible with yours. Why can't you relay that trust towards us?

View Postwatoom, on 16 April 2013 - 03:47 AM, said:

Again there are laws regarding the use of cars.

As for proof that gun control can work look at Australia and the laws resulting from the Port Arthur Massacre and the result it had on gun related violence.

354 victims in 1996, but only 260 victims in 2010, a decrease of 27 percent
The proportion of homicide victims killed by offenders using firearms in 2009–10 represented a decrease of 18 percentage points from the peak of 31 percent in 1995–96
Firearm suicides have fallen from about 22% of all suicides in 1992 to 7% of all suicides in 2005

Again, there are tons of laws concerning guns. There are many for cars too but that doesn't stop accidents, deaths and plain old irresponsibility.
I can't get into Australian statistic ATM but I can say they are a country nearly the size of the USA with the population of only one of our cities, New York, spread across the vast landscape. And for the record, our crime rates have dropped nearly 50% in the last 25 years.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users