Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

How do skeptics explain Qi Gong

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#61    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:59 AM

I live in Melbourne Australia. I'm happy to take my full 1080p 50 FPS video camera and record someone trying to knock me out with 'Qi' or whatever it's called.

Anyone game?

Posted Image

#62    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,101 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:08 AM

View PostSeeker79, on 21 August 2012 - 04:46 AM, said:

Modern medacine has nothing to do with modern control and corruption. [...]
Its seen everywhere, not only in medicine.

View PostSeeker79, on 21 August 2012 - 04:46 AM, said:

[...] What is happening is holding modern medicine back in favour of profits and survival of trillion dollar institutions that are obsolete. Treating medicine like the an iPad is simply unethical.
Food for thought: what are the profits of those who are producing and selling remedies (homeopathic, for example) that are doing squat? Or charging parents for training their kids of imaginary powers (chi/qi/whatever crap), huh? Is that ethical?

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).

#63    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,101 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:19 AM

View PostTimonthy, on 21 August 2012 - 06:59 AM, said:

I live in Melbourne Australia. I'm happy to take my full 1080p 50 FPS video camera and record someone trying to knock me out with 'Qi' or whatever it's called.

Anyone game?
:D
I would love to see that... How reality beats imagination one more time.

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).

#64    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,506 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:31 AM

View Postbmk1245, on 21 August 2012 - 07:08 AM, said:

Its seen everywhere, not only in medicine.

Food for thought: what are the profits of those who are producing and selling remedies (homeopathic, for example) that are doing squat? Or charging parents for training their kids of imaginary powers (chi/qi/whatever crap), huh? Is that ethical?
So...

No it's not...

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#65    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• 1,783 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:52 PM

View Postbmk1245, on 21 August 2012 - 07:19 AM, said:

:D
I would love to see that... How reality beats imagination one more time.
Doesn't look like anyone wants to take me up on the offer... Shame, I'd love to believe.

Posted Image

#66    tyrant lizard

tyrant lizard

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:03 PM

View PostTimonthy, on 21 August 2012 - 06:59 AM, said:

Anyone game?
Qi is also used by martial artists to smash bricks and blocks of wood with their hands. It's used as a method of increasing striking power - largely placebo in my opinion - but it undoubtably works.

There was a guy called Masutatsu Oyama who used to kill charging bulls with one punch to the skull using this technique. :w00t:

#67    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• 1,783 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:09 PM

View Posttyrant lizard, on 21 August 2012 - 01:03 PM, said:

Qi is also used by martial artists to smash bricks and blocks of wood with their hands. It's used as a method of increasing striking power - largely placebo in my opinion - but it undoubtably works.

There was a guy called Masutatsu Oyama who used to kill charging bulls with one punch to the skull using this technique. :w00t:
Lol I'm talking the no-contact 'energy ball' knock outs. Is 'Qi' not that?

I don't want that guy killing me. Knowing how to effectively kill a bull or smash bricks is a different story and nothing paranormal.

Posted Image

#68    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,506 posts

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:10 PM

View Posttyrant lizard, on 21 August 2012 - 01:03 PM, said:

You don't need qi to break. I could teach you to break 8 cinder caps at once  in 10 minutes.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#69    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,101 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:52 PM

View PostSeeker79, on 21 August 2012 - 11:31 AM, said:

[...]No it's not...
At least we agree on something.

#70    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,506 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:55 PM

View Postbmk1245, on 21 August 2012 - 02:52 PM, said:

At least we agree on something.
I don't think we disagree on as much as you think.  I think you jumped the gun a bit what you think I believe. You seem to agree that corruption and greed exist in medicine, you seem to agree that these demonstrations of qi are merely physics, biology, and psychology. You seem to think I have something against modern medicine, I don't.... I have something against eronious medicine, and the conflict of interests between money and healing. Big difference.

Bruce Lee-

#71    tyrant lizard

tyrant lizard

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:18 PM

View PostSeeker79, on 21 August 2012 - 01:10 PM, said:

You don't need qi to break. I could teach you to break 8 cinder caps at once  in 10 minutes.
I was just pointing out that not all qi is in the form of energy outside of the body. Kiai - as you probably know - is the unity of mind and body. I think it's just an intense way of focusing your mind, body and technique.

#72    tyrant lizard

tyrant lizard

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:30 PM

This video is worth watching. I think its pretty catagoric that this version of chi energy has been debunked. I met Leon Jay (son of the famous Wally Jay)about a year ago and he has since disassosiated himself from George Dillman. My Sensei insists Dillman uses an mixture of showmanship and freakish strength to achieve his illusion of chi

#73    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:11 PM

Qi has been,,DEBUNKED .....
*rolling laughing*
Really !?
Do the billion + Asians who use it in day to day life,know ?
*crying laughing*
Did Bruce lee,or morihai ueshiba know,when they hurled people across rooms ?
Some lame guy,who obviously hasn't developed it at all,is not a debunking .
I dare you to go into an aikido dojo,walk up to a first degree black belt,and tell him his qi isn't real.
Let me know how you end up .
Oh my god ...

For interest parties only.

Naysayers need not comment,at all .

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 21 August 2012 - 06:13 PM.

Miss me?

#74    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,101 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:57 PM

View PostSeeker79, on 21 August 2012 - 04:55 PM, said:

I don't think we disagree on as much as you think.  I think you jumped the gun a bit what you think I believe. You seem to agree that corruption and greed exist in medicine, [...]
Yeah, but not to the extent you think: I'm free to choose brand (same stuff, different manufacturer) by myself, period.

[...] you seem to agree that these demonstrations of qi are merely physics, biology, and psychology[...]
Yeap, and it has nothing to do with qi/chi/whatever crap.

[...] You seem to think I have something against modern medicine, I don't....[...]
Ok, granted, you aren't against modern medicine.

[...]  I have something against eronious medicine, and the conflict of interests between money and healing. Big difference.
People in medicine/medicine business are the same folks as you and me, with their virtues and limitations. Some are greedy, some are benevolent.

#75    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,101 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:08 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 21 August 2012 - 06:11 PM, said:

Qi has been,,DEBUNKED .....
*rolling laughing*
Really !?
Do the billion + Asians who use it in day to day life,know ?
*crying laughing*
Did Bruce lee,or morihai ueshiba know,when they hurled people across rooms ?
Some lame guy,who obviously hasn't developed it at all,is not a debunking .
I dare you to go into an aikido dojo,walk up to a first degree black belt,and tell him his qi isn't real.
Let me know how you end up .
Oh my god ...

For interest parties only.

*snip crap*
Naysayers need not comment,at all .
*sigh*.What a load of crap... Food for gullibles...
Give me a real sword, and master's pants will change color into brown, and no qi nor chi nor whatever crap would help him.

BTW, have you any idea what aikido is, huh?

BBTW, have you seen how qi/chi/whatever crap "master" got beaten (very quickly) by the guy who doesn't give a damn about waving hands?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users