Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 1 votes

Religionist meets god...

religion atheism faith

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:43 PM

Inspired by a topic started today, I would like to offer a variation of the same...

Imagine if you will a hypothetical situation, (please don't argue the possibility or impossibility of such an encounter)....

After having lived a full and plentiful life as a faithful believer in Jesus, Moses, or Mohammed, you die, and much to your surprise, there is God waiting to for you... :santa:... but the god is Huitzilopochtli, the ancient god of the Aztecs, who preceded the above mentioned characters by a long time.

He looks at you and asks.... What have you got to say for yourself?

How would you answer?

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#2    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,635 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:15 PM

I would say "would it be ok if I call you H?"

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#3    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,880 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:29 PM

Oh dear, I don't think he is on my list.  :unsure2:

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#4    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 5,851 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:44 PM

I'm pretty sure that Moses came way before old Huitzi did... In fact, Jesus and Mohammed most likely were before him as well...

#5    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,988 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:24 PM

I would say: Funny, did not expect to meet YOU here....

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#6    BarnabasCollins

BarnabasCollins

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:27 PM

I would say, "You sure let the Aztecs down.  What do you have to say for yourself for that failure?"

#7    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,880 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:51 PM

View PostTaun, on 02 July 2013 - 06:44 PM, said:

I'm pretty sure that Moses came way before old Huitzi did... In fact, Jesus and Mohammed most likely were before him as well...

What does age have to do with it. The native Americans had a rich and full culture long before your little books.  They had their own books. To bad the people who had one book burned most of most of the books of their victims.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#8    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 7,635 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:01 PM

View PostTaun, on 02 July 2013 - 06:44 PM, said:

Oh great thats all we need, H, Jesus, Moses and Mohammed all having a ruck over who was there first or who should be in charge! Typical men!

Withdrawing my reservation deposit! Posted Image

Edited by freetoroam, 02 July 2013 - 08:01 PM.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#9    Jor-el

Jor-el

Knight of the Most High God

• 7,908 posts

• We are the sum of all that is, and has been. We will be the sum of our choices.

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:10 PM

View PostZaphod222, on 02 July 2013 - 05:43 PM, said:

Inspired by a topic started today, I would like to offer a variation of the same...

Imagine if you will a hypothetical situation, (please don't argue the possibility or impossibility of such an encounter)....

After having lived a full and plentiful life as a faithful believer in Jesus, Moses, or Mohammed, you die, and much to your surprise, there is God waiting to for you... :santa:... but the god is Huitzilopochtli, the ancient god of the Aztecs, who preceded the above mentioned characters by a long time.

He looks at you and asks.... What have you got to say for yourself?

How would you answer?

Hi Zophod222,

Nice one, and turnabout is fair play...;)

my answer is simple....

Hello Huitzilopochtli, I didn't come to meet you, I am not a warrior after all, but I would like to pay my respects to your brother Quetzalcoatl, a god after my own heart and to your Parent, Ometecuhtli/Omecihuatl.

Posted Image

"Man is not the centre. God does not exist for the sake of man. Man does not exist for his own sake."

-C. S. Lewis

#10    Doctor Night

Doctor Night

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:47 PM

I would say, ''Huitzilopochtli, I done good, didn't I? :clap: :su

Madman of the evening!

#11    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• 1,594 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:56 AM

Hmm.... I get the funny feeling that none of the commentators here is a religionist.

The religionists seem to be politely ignoring the question, which was addressed to them...

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#12    Jacques Terreur

Jacques Terreur

Psychic Spy

• 1,525 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:04 AM

maybe the possibility that they could be wrong has to mature a bit in their brains.... ;)

#13    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 7,635 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:16 AM

View PostJacques Terreur, on 03 July 2013 - 09:04 AM, said:

maybe the possibility that they could be wrong has to mature a bit in their brains.... ;)
They have had enough years to "mature", but still seem to come back to the same old answer....lets just kill our opposition!

#14    Jacques Terreur

Jacques Terreur

Psychic Spy

• 1,525 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:21 AM

View Postfreetoroam, on 03 July 2013 - 09:16 AM, said:

They have had enough years to "mature", but still seem to come back to the same old answer....lets just kill our opposition!

...and let GAAAAWD sort 'em out... :D

#15    euroninja

euroninja

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

• John 14:16
    Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the father, but by me.

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:32 AM

I love your new outfit lord but the aztecs sure got your name and story wrong.

Man plans and God laughs.

Also tagged with religion, atheism, faith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users