Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do You Believe in ANIMAL Ghosts

BaileytheDog

Recently, I started watching the show Master of None, a Netflix comedy series. The girl says she doesn't believe in ghosts because people never see ghosts of their pets.

Well - it brings to mind a recent experience I had in Williamsburg, VA. We went on a colonial ghost tour of the town and William and Mary campus. Toward the middle of our tour, walking through Colonial WIlliamsburg, I kept having the feeling of seeing cats running by out of the corner of my eye. Now I brushed it off until at the end of the tour, we discussed our experience with the other guests, and someone else said they experienced the same thing.

So I'm wondering, do you guys think animals come back as ghosts? Any cool experiences to share?

• Like 6

I had a bird that died. When alive he would hang out on the back of my couch running back and forth while I watched TV. For years after he died I would find his feathers on the back of the couch which could have been explained by my simply missing them while cleaning but I got a new couch and the feathers continued to appear for a couple of years. I also have a vague feeling of him on my left shoulder sometimes and he is often on my shoulder in my dreams.

BTW, welcome to UM Bailey!

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 4

I had a cat for 11 years who always slept with me, usually under the covers. She passed away one night in bed with me. Often when I'm about to go to sleep I still feel the cat jumping up on the bed with me.

• Like 5

I have been to colonial Williamsburg, myself, during the day though. It was fun and informational, but I don't think I saw anything of ghost animals. Who knows, there might have been other paranormal experiences I couldn't decipher though, but I wish I did see those darting animals.

But I believe in the ghosts of animals, as much as I believe in the ghosts of people. And I'm saying, that is what I believe, that's all. Anyhow, I have read and watched books and paranormal programs that shows appearances or talk about appearances of dog and cat apparitions. The kicker for me is, the house I live in now, I feel is haunted by at least one cat, or two of them, one of them a kitten. Yeah, I have three cats now, but when we first moved in, we only had a female short haired calico. Went on to adopt a long haired female tuxedo. I have an experience, where it was just me in the living room, watching tv, and I swear I saw a short haired tuxedo cat go into our little room that is where we call the bar. I do remember going in there, and no cat was in there.

It wouldn't be until some short time later, we ended up adopting a male cat. A short haired male tuxedo cat. I don't know, but I am reminded of this, while reading this thread.

I don't feel it now, but there were a lot of times, while laying in bed, reading with the light on, I would feel these very faint cat footsteps crawling up my body, over the blankets. I would always look down toward the end of the bed, and there is nothing there. Not a cat, nothing. I don't know if judging by the faint footsteps I feel, that it makes me wonder if it's a kitten.

And even though I haven't felt them in a while, my short haired male tuxedo cat, everytime he's in the room, would start chasing something I can't see! I even squint to see if it's a tiny bug, but I don't see anything. He'll jump and prance on various parts of our bed, and there's nothing to prance on.

It wasn't until this year, that he started growling at something and there's nothing there. This has happen on more than one occasion.

Of course, it could be male short haired tuxedo cat dementia, or something we have fed him, or he's just weird. ( well he is though, but adorable :D ) so, I'm open to all things. But, a lot of experiences in the house we have lived in for the past eleven years, have gotten me a bit....................... wondering. :hmm:

• Like 2

I have experienced what looked to me the effects of phantom pets.I posted this in another thread awhile ago.

• Like 1

I have experienced what looked to me the effects of phantom pets.I posted this in another thread awhile ago.

You did?! Cool! Could you post a link?

You did?! Cool! Could you post a link?

I could, but I will let you search it and post the link.

:)

• Like 1

I could, but I will let you search it and post the link.

:)

You can't find it, can you? ;):P:D:rofl:

Well, I will see what I can do. :)

• Like 1

I don't know not seen one personally but my mums cat passed away from old age a few years ago and my mum says that every now and then she catches a glimpse of her tail out of the corner of her eye, Dad says he's seen it a couple of times too.

Don't know whether its true or not, But what does it matter if it gives them a bit of comfort and reminds them of a much loved member of the family.

Edited by Cat_From_Hell
  • Like 3

So I'm wondering, do you guys think animals come back as ghosts?

Absolutely! Animals share our lives so much that we think of them as family members. I can remember many years ago my dog had to be put to sleep, I was devastated as it was unexpected, I then moved home to a new build which shouldn't have had any memories but from the first night there I was aware of a black shape running down the hallway. It was strangely comforting as I realised it was my beloved dog, from then on that house felt like a home again :)

• Like 3

Yes I do believe in animal ghosts. Saw my cat's ghost after she died several years ago. Saw her very plainly only it was out of the corner of my eye. She would disappear if I looked directly at her but she would be there again when I looked out of the corner of my eye.

• Like 3

One day right after a afternoon nap, I woke up with a strange vib running all through my body. I had had a couple successful astral projections and knew that was a exit sign. So I jumped up out of body, and walked out to my living room. One of my Rotties came running up to me, super excited to see me. Which was strange cause I had been home all day. It was also strange cause I was projecting, they shouldn't have been able to see me. So right away I thought maybe I wasn't projecting at all. This thought brought me back to my body. So I came walking out to my living room again, and realized both my dogs were outside. I realized it was probably my Rotties Kayla who had died couple years before this happened. I don't know what really happened there, but it was really cool to think about

I wholeheartedly believe that animals can pass on to the other side. Assuming what we commonly refer to as "ghosts" are indeed the disembodied souls of beings that once lived on this Earth, and are not merely "tapes", impressions created in the surrounding environment by strong emotional and or biological fields.

Ok...

About 10 years old I was at a friends House. Going to sleep when he said "You wanna see the Ghost Cat?". He drapped the blanket over his open legs. Then it started getting pushed down in a circular motion very gently and plopped down. I tried on my Bed and the same thing happened. When it plopped down I got spooked, kicked the Blanket off and laughed.

It was not the full weight of a living Cat, but I seen it as more than just the Blanket settling. The House (torn down now) had many Cats over the Years. I once heard footsteps and the creaking of the Floor pass in right front of me in that House. I was thinking House settling at first thought, but it came in and went out another exit of the living area.

Maybe I will tell about the Ghost Dog sometime?

post-142153-0-26775300-1448538951_thumb.

post-142153-0-19122800-1448538964_thumb.

post-142153-0-66437700-1448538979_thumb.

Edited by davros of skaro

Me, my brother and my dad had a very strange experience when we were younger. I was about 12, brother 10.

We always had dogs when we were younger. Mainly grey hounds because my dad used to run them in races.

We had one called Jim, who died from a disease (can't remember what)

About a week later, me and my brother were in bed. It was early morning , about 7 I would say. We started hearing a dog crying downstairs. I remember we both went to the top of the stairs and it seemed like it was coming from the kitchen. We had sliding doors, and the door was a quarter open. Was clearly coming from the kitchen.

The cry was as clear as day. Then my dad got up because he heard it. By the time he went downstairs, the noise had stopped.

It was plain strange, and I can't explain if. Windows were closed. Neighbour s had no animals.

Really can't explain what happened.

Recently, I started watching the show Master of None, a Netflix comedy series. The girl says she doesn't believe in ghosts because people never see ghosts of their pets.

Well - it brings to mind a recent experience I had in Williamsburg, VA. We went on a colonial ghost tour of the town and William and Mary campus. Toward the middle of our tour, walking through Colonial WIlliamsburg, I kept having the feeling of seeing cats running by out of the corner of my eye. Now I brushed it off until at the end of the tour, we discussed our experience with the other guests, and someone else said they experienced the same thing.

So I'm wondering, do you guys think animals come back as ghosts? Any cool experiences to share?

I think that they can if they are emotionally close to people.

I saw two of my deceased dogs. First one came back as a shadowy mist near curtain and curtain would move. He liked to play with it and hide things there. When this happened and our new dog would bark at his corner alot when we felt his presence. Second dog we would hear her footsteps and jingling collar and even saw her on occasion. New dog would follow like he'd track her but not bark. He only barks at male dogs.

We moved to a new place where we occasionally saw an old woman and a cat! Our two dogs pickup on cat and growl and bark. When we asked neighbors about who lived here, we found out a widowed lady died in kitchen and had a cat. My spouse and I are both sensitive to feel and sometimes see definite form or shadow shapes.

What was really awesome to me is I just got a EMF ghost detector. When the cat was here I measured pulsating field changes level fluctuations of 3-5. Funny thing is I felt the presence but did not see cat probably because I was ignoring it but my husband came in house to tell me he saw cat in the window. He knew I wanted to try detector on it when we saw it again. We know normal readings and places and it was a no activity place before. The lady hasn't been back for us to check her out yet, maybe she's shy LOL

I think science is going to start explaining these apparitions eventually especially since so many people are using different types of monitors instead of just shared experiences.

Edited by White Unicorn

Absolutely! Animals share our lives so much that we think of them as family members. I can remember many years ago my dog had to be put to sleep, I was devastated as it was unexpected, I then moved home to a new build which shouldn't have had any memories but from the first night there I was aware of a black shape running down the hallway. It was strangely comforting as I realised it was my beloved dog, from then on that house felt like a home again :)

I think when there's a bond of love their spirit follows us just as in life :)

• Like 2

What does appear to be unusual when discussing animal spirit rather than the human kind, is that almost all stories, memories etc are benign and comforting. With human spirits there usually sems to be an air of fear or forboding, I wonder why? Is it because our pets love us unconditionally and wouldn't harm us intentionally as against humans who can be a little unstable in life to say the least?

I think when there's a bond of love their spirit follows us just as in life :)

I agree that's definitely possible. That's how I felt after seeing what might have been my dog that died a few years before. If they have a spirit that continues after this life, I could totally see her sticking around waiting for me. I loved that dog like she was my own daughter .

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It seems like people are more open for animals being ghosts than people.