Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Myth of Human Progress

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:56 AM

View PostDetective Mystery 2013, on 18 February 2013 - 03:49 AM, said:

There's no doubt about it. Just ask Genghis Khan. He and his military could have conquered Europe. They combined superior tactics with superior technology. The infantry was no match for his cavalry. The armor was no match for his arrows. His forces murdered and enslaved millions of Asians and Europeans. Somehow, I doubt that leftist authors mention this all that much.

Exactly,there are several cases like this throughout history.I have about 1000 pages i have written in a binder i did for a class a few years back of empires and other conquerors.I got the best grade in the class,but my prof would not let me share it with the class.Said he understood lots of these things happened but in his word's some things have to be politically correct.So............

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#17    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Psychic Spy

• 2,067 posts

• Mysteries are tomorrow's histories.

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:02 AM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 18 February 2013 - 03:56 AM, said:

Exactly,there are several cases like this throughout history.I have about 1000 pages i have written in a binder i did for a class a few years back of empires and other conquerors.I got the best grade in the class,but my prof would not let me share it with the class.Said he understood lots of these things happened but in his word's some things have to be politically correct.So............

That is messed up beyond belief! It shows that some students are brainwashed by propaganda. You were one of the few who could see through the obvious and odious indoctrination. PC mythology is no better than racist mythology.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#18    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• 1,342 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:12 AM

View PostDetective Mystery 2013, on 18 February 2013 - 04:02 AM, said:

That is messed up beyond belief! It shows that some students are brainwashed by propaganda. You were one of the few who could see through the obvious and odious indoctrination. PC mythology is no better than racist mythology.

I was pretty mad about it,but realized not much i could do.Got my grade and realized most now days enjoy being told how things are and were,instead of finding out the real truth.As i say having someone tell you how to do,what to do,and how to feel about it all makes being stupid easier for them.

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#19    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Psychic Spy

• 2,067 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:25 AM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 18 February 2013 - 04:12 AM, said:

I was pretty mad about it,but realized not much i could do.Got my grade and realized most now days enjoy being told how things are and were,instead of finding out the real truth.As i say having someone tell you how to do,what to do,and how to feel about it all makes being stupid easier for them.

Don't get me started on the Civil War. I read quotes from "the bad guys" and "the good guys" that contradicted what they taught me in school. I learned that Lincoln wasn't the saint that I believed him to be. That said, he was a man of his times.

#20    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• 1,342 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:34 AM

View PostDetective Mystery 2013, on 18 February 2013 - 04:25 AM, said:

Don't get me started on the Civil War. I read quotes from "the bad guys" and "the good guys" that contradicted what they taught me in school. I learned that Lincoln wasn't the saint that I believed him to be. That said, he was a man of his times.

Agreed lincoln was a good president and did good things,granted a lot of the modern stories have far over exaggerated his hand in them unfolding the way they did.A good bit of what he gets credited for was more secondary effects than his original purposes.

#21    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• 1,875 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:47 AM

All the super powers like america,russia will fall one day.

#22    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• 1,342 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:58 AM

View Postcoolguy, on 18 February 2013 - 04:47 AM, said:

All the super powers like america,russia will fall one day.

Agreed cool everything eventually burns,cool pic btw curly was always my favorite of the stooges haha

#23    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Psychic Spy

• 2,067 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:01 AM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 18 February 2013 - 04:58 AM, said:

Agreed cool everything eventually burns,cool pic btw curly was always my favorite of the stooges haha

That makes two of us. No one could replace him. Shemp was great, but he was no Curly. Curly Joe and Joe De Rita were like the Gummo Marx and Zeppo Marx of the Three Stooges.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users