Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Should You go to Jail for Killing a Monkey?

and-then

It's just as I always suspected the barriers to the enclosures at the Zoos are to keep the vicious animals away for the sentient creatures that live there.

Yes he should go to jail and his father along with him for claiming that savagely beating a monkey to death was a "drunken prank" - nice way to advertise the nature of the tree that apple fell from.

*disgusted*

• Like 8

i think hes an idiot and should be charged for breaking and entering and drunken disorderly, a ban from zoos for a long period. i love animals and going on what his family says so did he, i dont think any one should be jailed for the death of an animal. he was a complete idiot for opening the cage and has to forever live with the shame for doing so. we have all done stupid things when drunk.

He should absolutely be punished to the full extent of the law - then get serious help... A person who does things like this to animals, is much - much - more likely to later move on to doing it to people...

Drunk is no excuse... It might be a reason... but it is not an excuse...

• Like 9

what an idiot.. i hate violence against animals.. i would send him to jail.. thats disgraceful.. minimum 12 months..

Yes he should. Kid's an idiot in the first place. 'Prank' my sweet little butt. Who breaks into a zoo? A drunken moron who ends up killing a monkey. 'Pranks' that involve breaking a law are incredibly moronic and if you end up killing something and 'damaging property' (I hate putting it that way but it's also another point, he did damage zoo property when he killed the monkey) then you need to pay for it.

• Like 1

Since when is being heavily intoxicated an excuse for breaking the law? He should be charged with breaking an entry and animal cruelity.

If some drunk wondered onto my property and 'accidently' killed my dog I'd certainly want him in jail even if he was drunk at the time.

• Like 2

Hell yes toss his ass under the jail. He killed a defendess creature for not reason. Better yet toss him in cage with a Big Silverback.

• Like 4

If you can go to jail for poaching, you should go to jail for this.

Being drunk is never an excuse for ANYTHING (unless you were some how force to drink it against your will.) If you do stupid stuff when you drink, maybe you shouldn't drink. The worse thing I have done when I drink is post stupid stuff on here...

What if he beat a child to death because he was drunk? No one would give him sympathy, so he should not get any in this case.

Hell yes toss his ass under the jail. He killed a defendess creature for not reason. Better yet toss him in cage with a Big Silverback.

im sure in jail he will be in the cell with a big hairy silverback.. karma is a b****..

• Like 1

I think killing an animal,should be a felony .

If he can do this,just because he's drunk,who's to say he won't do it to his girlfriend down the road .Anyone here want to be that girls parent ?

Does this put it into perspective ?

• Like 1

im sure in jail he will be in the cell with a big hairy silverback.. karma is a b****..

Of course the man should do jail time. He obviously wasn't that drunk considering he knew enough to trespass, jimmy the lock then steal an animal then beat it to death 'cause he got bit for his stupidity.

Doing stupid things while drunk doesn't include willful trespassing, breaking and entering then killing an animal.

• Like 2

He should absolutely be punished to the full extent of the law - then get serious help... A person who does things like this to animals, is much - much - more likely to later move on to doing it to people...

Drunk is no excuse... It might be a reason... but it is not an excuse...

Taun I've read that most serial killers start out by killing animals for kicks.
  • Like 1

Sorry to butt in, but Taun's offline now. Dahlmer is probably a prime example.Jailtime won't teach this idiot anything. He needs severe psychological testing.

Very true..

Anyhoo.. the OP question - Make him do porridge ( do porridge = jail time ) it will serve him right ..OR throw him into a cell with a big ape with a bad attitude..

• Like 3

Very true..

Anyhoo.. the OP question - Make him do porridge ( do porridge = jail time ) it will serve him right ..OR throw him into a cell with a big ape with a bad attitude..

a female ape with a bad attitude

• Like 1

Male apes are bad enough.

The silver back

People that kill animals out of "fun" are just disgusting to me.

Yeah, they should go to jail.

EDIT: In all fairness, I must confess that, when I was a small child, I fried ants with a magnifying glass, or poured soap on them, or used a lighter to ignite hairspray to kill them.

My most disturbing childhood memory, though, was when I killed a small turtle for no reason at all. That haunts me even today, as well it should.

For some reason, after all that and when I "grew-up" I love all animals, well, except for spiders.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 3

He did not kill the animal "for fun". He intended to do a stupid drunken prank and attacked the monkey in defense after it bit him.

Do you people even read the articles?

He's not a future serial killer. He's not a monster. He's a drunken kid who made a mistake who was having a hard time due to family problems.

He has to go to jail. I'm not denying that. But I find the lack of human compassion in this thread just as disgusting as the boy who killed the monkey. Yes I pity the monkey. What he did was stupid and terrible. But a drunken mistake is no reason to call a boy a future serial killer. Hopefully when he gets a jail he can still make a decent life for himself.

Edited by Kazoo

I hope so. Lowlife needs a kick up the backside.

• Like 2