Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pope Benedict begins trip to Lebanon

libstaK

Is the timing of this visit very opportune or extremely unfortunate: It depends on his capacity to maintain an unbiased peaceful stance in the face of current sentiment

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/09/14/pope-benedict-begins-trip-to-lebanon-amid-mideast-protests-violence/?hpt=hp_t1

• Like 1

Sounds pretty stupid to me. What is to be accomplished. My god can beat up your god type bs. If Pope goes boom we have an issue. Could the pope be another sacrifitial lamb.

One of three things will result of this:

Nothing at all - most likely.

He gets assassinated - Scariest.

Peace breaks out/negotiations ensure that eventually lead to peace - least likely and most likely to prove God actually exists.

I hope the guy can be protected. The trip probably should have been postponed.

He could have delivered a message of peace from Rome. It takes only an opportune moment and a few fanatics or terrorists for the whole situation to explode and deteriorate even more. It is not risky just for the Pope, but for the whole region, and beyond, as well.

Edited by meryt-tetisheri
  • Like 1

He could have delivered a message of peace from Rome. It takes only an opportune moment and a few fanatics or terrorists for the whole situation to explode and deteriorate even more. It is not risky just for the Pope, but for the whole region, and beyond, as well.

Ya war over a make believe something. Who if the bigger fool the one who leads or the one who follows

I don't see why the Pope should be unbiased on anything. He's the Pope, the lead guy of the Catholics. Unbiased my booty.

to create conflict. It's planned to do just that. Harmoney would not benifit either side as a war of faith means souls not lives.

Saying "stop fighting, give peace a chance" is easy when you're not in danger.

Jesus didn't stay in Bethlehem, he went where God called him to, obviously the same is true for His Holiness.

How interesting, just watching CNN and what is being portrayed is that Benedict is encouraging the continuing message that "democracy and theocracy do not mix" - and "only within a secular run state can true freedom of religion be expressed by all faiths".

I have had cause to think very little of Benedict in past years - which makes this progression all the more outstanding.

Reference: The Brief, CNN.

Edited by libstaK

yes, because the head of state who just happens to be the head of a religon followed by millions of people is exactly the sort of person who should be talking about keeping theocrcy out of politcs...

Aye, he had the cheek to call for an end to religious fundamentalism. :D

Saying "stop fighting, give peace a chance" is easy when you're not in danger.

Jesus didn't stay in Bethlehem, he went where God called him to, obviously the same is true for His Holiness.

Yes, and Peter went back to Rome to be crucified, but in both cases armies, drones & explosives weren't involved. What do you expect the reaction of the Maronites would be if something happens to the Pope during his visit? Lebanon will ignite in minutes, there could be violance,destruction & lives would be lost! When Jesus was arrested he told his disciple to put away his sword, circumstances are different and so will be the consequences.

For some fanatical people the Vatican is an imaginary Christian power, to deliver a message that theocracy and democracy do not mix, at the time when their power and influence is on the rise will be regarded by them as nothing less than a challenge brought to them at their door step.

yes, because the head of state who just happens to be the head of a religon followed by millions of people is exactly the sort of person who should be talking about keeping theocrcy out of politcs...

That was awesome lol

Theocracy is a form of government in which official policy is governed by immediate divine guidance or by officials who are regarded as divinely guided, or is pursuant to the doctrine of a particular religion or religious group

nope don't see an opposing religion having an issue with this LOL

Oh well,the " End of Days " lobby will be busy flicking through the collection of stories known as the Bible to see where this fits into their phrophecy...

Oh well,the " End of Days " lobby will be busy flicking through the collection of stories known as the Bible to see where this fits into their phrophecy...

end days wacjobs lol even if the Pope is killed it will have little effect. The last pope that people cared about was shot lived and died all for a god he didn't believe in. I have a belief lol that Popes know the truth and know they are just a figure head and a puppet.

end days wacjobs lol even if the Pope is killed it will have little effect. The last pope that people cared about was shot lived and died all for a god he didn't believe in. I have a belief lol that Popes know the truth and know they are just a figure head and a puppet.

I think it would be a great tragedy (and I'm not Catholic) and it would add fuel to the fire all over the world. In fact if there is one thing that could rouse Christians to violence - THAT might be it. The trip was previously scheduled but he chose to go regardless the change in conditions and I admire him for trying to be a peacemaker.

I think it would be a great tragedy (and I'm not Catholic) and it would add fuel to the fire all over the world. In fact if there is one thing that could rouse Christians to violence - THAT might be it. The trip was previously scheduled but he chose to go regardless the change in conditions and I admire him for trying to be a peacemaker.

You keep believing that my friend and all will be well. Religion resolves everything. Oh wait a peacemaker lol. Your joking right. The best thing in light of recent activities in the ME is to sit his pompass ass down and shut the hell up. He's doing this to incite violence and he will get it. You know that as well as me.

Edited by The Silver Thong

You keep believing that my friend and all will be well. Religion resolves everything. Oh wait a peacemaker lol. Your joking right. The best thing in light of recent activities in the ME is to sit his pompass ass down and shut the hell up. He's doing this to incite violence and he will get it. You know that as well as me.

I laughed as well,hopefully he will wander into palestine and get his papal nose bloodied a little and quickly withdraw just like they did in the crusades....

Did you say puppet or muppet..

Edited by shaddow134

I hope the guy can be protected. The trip probably should have been postponed.

I love this comment. It shows how much faith you truly have in your religion. LOL

10%20pope%20meme.jpg

tumblr_luvt60cDq41qkeavmo1_500.jpg

These tickle me and show my point.

I love this comment. It shows how much faith you truly have in your religion. LOL

10%20pope%20meme.jpg

That must be because somebody of your religion tried to shoot John Paul II. Before that there was no popemobil.

10%20pope%20meme.jpg

The fact that you find the attempted assassination of a pope funny just shows your level of intelligence and morality. Your idiocy is showing little guy ;)

looks like morality only exist when non-muslims being killed

but when muslims get killed there's always justifications .. some morals :D

glad the guy made it out in one piece .. did he ?

coz if some " western " country were to look for exucse to do something. . they'll kill him there

and yep .. use some puppet .. say like osama bin laden .. and the rest is clear

looks like morality only exist when non-muslims being killed

but when muslims get killed there's always justifications .. some morals :D

glad the guy made it out in one piece .. did he ?

coz if some " western " country were to look for exucse to do something. . they'll kill him there

and yep .. use some puppet .. say like osama bin laden .. and the rest is clear

Only to fanatics that always have excuses ready to hand. Constantly using made up CT's to answer every situation that looks bad for your people is lame, KoS.

That must be because somebody of your religion tried to shoot John Paul II. Before that there was no popemobil.

My religion?

The fact that you find the attempted assassination of a pope funny just shows your level of intelligence and morality. Your idiocy is showing little guy ;)

You come out with some grade A bull.....

I never laughed at the assassination attempt, but I also have 0 respect for the pope. I'm intelligent enough to know more about the history of your religion than you do... So I must be a lot more intelligent than you. I'm also not stupid enough to let a religion cloud my judgement and views.

It's hilarious that you are speaking down to me like that, typical of a religious bigot. Maybe one day you will grow up and and learn about reality.