Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 5 votes

My Lycanthrope Friend

werewolves lycanthrope lycanthropy

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#1    UlricaWolf

UlricaWolf

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

• You don't want to get me angry, I have a rather nasty habit of tearing peoples throats out ;)

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:07 AM

I have a very strange friend, he has shown some questionable behavior which I feel is not really human...... I shall list them below:

Before I knew him very well:

> He seemed aggressive and broody
> He was always aggressive to new students, never welcoming
> He wouldn't let anybody enter his personal space, except for a select few
> Those 'select few' was his group of friends, which never changed, never gained or lost any members and had all the same characteristics, aggressive broody, looks that could kill

Then I got to know him:
I had always been intrigued by him, drawn towards him, he seemed very interesting. And I managed to make friends with him, I have now been friends with him for 6 years.

> I've noticed that he has very sharp nails and teeth, he likes to use them when play fighting with his friends
> I happen to know that his favorite place is somewhere called 'Churchhill park' It has a nice big forest and lots of big green spaces
> He's taken me there before, and to my great surprise, he howled in front of me and encouraged me to join in, which I did. I didn't know howling could be so much fun ;)
> He has grown rather possessive of me (which I don't really mind x) ) I remember once I was being picked on by a boy that I am mortal enemies with, and he showed up. All he did was give one of those 'I'm gonna rip your face off' looks and the boy cleared off.
> One more thing, I have heard him growl on several occasions, usually at his mates

What do you make of this behavior?

_-_ On the night of the full moon _-_

-_- Man will turn into beast -_-

_-_ And you all will run scared _-_

#2    HecticSherlock

HecticSherlock

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 102 posts

• "I hate having to jump into convo's, idea's, or subjects without prior knowledge or facts to back me up..but if religion can do it!"

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:13 AM

I don't know Watson, it seems to me we have a case of the full moon jitters..ha...
All jokes aside, I to have a friend who I believe is an "Lycanthrope" though I prefer to call her an lycan...and she to displayed some of the symptoms you have listed above. Perhaps our assumptions are correct; have you seen your friend during a full moon?

Art of Survival~

Posted Image

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" Epicurus

#3    PlanB

PlanB

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

• Find out what you love and let it kill you.

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:15 AM

POPULAR

Have you ever caught him scooting his butt across the floor? If so, I'm afraid he may be cursed.

#4    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:21 AM

Those behaviors aren't really unusual, especially for a teenager.  All teens are moody and broody.  It has to do with burgeoning hormones.  I suspect you may be a fan if the Twilight series because there are no such creatures as werewolves.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#5    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,048 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:28 AM

Just someone who likes to act a bit animalistic, people do it all the time, it's a bit weird. Some of the people I was friends with during high school were the sorts who acted like such.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#6    Urisk

Urisk

Smiling like a killer

• 1,503 posts

• born to lose
    live to win

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:31 AM

Yep. That all confirms it. Your friend is a typical teenager who feels alienated from the rest of teenage society. Kids, especially those that circle perpetually around the outside of the "cool" crowd find their comfort blanket; me I took solace in heavy metal (and... err... never grew up... Do I care? Hell no, Metal is a way of life, bnot a music genre :) ).

Yeah, howling does feel good, in an animalistic, primal kind of way. As does getting lost staring at the starry night sky and shouting back at thunder. Seriously, try shouting back at thunder; it's amazingly therapeutic :tu:

Posted Image

I have seen beyond the bounds of infinity and drawn down daemons from the stars

#7    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:35 AM

Sounds like typical teenage attention-seeking, experimenting-with-who-he-is behavior.  If he really thinks he's a werewolf he needs medical help, because thats all Lycanthropy is - people who think they can turn into other animals.

#8    UlricaWolf

UlricaWolf

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

• You don't want to get me angry, I have a rather nasty habit of tearing peoples throats out ;)

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:05 AM

Thanks for your comments :) and no, Ryn, he's never let me

_-_ On the night of the full moon _-_

-_- Man will turn into beast -_-

_-_ And you all will run scared _-_

#9    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:21 AM

View PostUlricaWolf, on 06 January 2013 - 02:05 AM, said:

Thanks for your comments :) and no, Ryn, he's never let me

There's a good reason he's never let you - because then you'd see he's just like any other dude on a full moon - a dude.  It'd blow his mystique all out of the water.

#10    Domina Lucis

Domina Lucis

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

• "I'm not dead, so I'm obviously doing something right."

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:35 AM

View PostUlricaWolf, on 06 January 2013 - 12:07 AM, said:

> He seemed aggressive and broody
> He was always aggressive to new students, never welcoming
> He wouldn't let anybody enter his personal space, except for a select few
> Those 'select few' was his group of friends, which never changed, never gained or lost any members and had all the same characteristics, aggressive broody, looks that could kill
> I've noticed that he has very sharp nails and teeth, he likes to use them when play fighting with his friends
> I happen to know that his favorite place is somewhere called 'Churchhill park' It has a nice big forest and lots of big green spaces
> He's taken me there before, and to my great surprise, he howled in front of me and encouraged me to join in, which I did. I didn't know howling could be so much fun ;)
> He has grown rather possessive of me (which I don't really mind x) ) I remember once I was being picked on by a boy that I am mortal enemies with, and he showed up. All he did was give one of those 'I'm gonna rip your face off' looks and the boy cleared off.
> One more thing, I have heard him growl on several occasions, usually at his mates
  • I know plenty of people like this. Some people tend to be like this. It could be the way they were raised, a past experience, etc. Doesn't mean they're a werewolf.
  • See above.
  • See above.
  • My group of closest friends haven't changed in a couple of years and we're all alike in some way. We're all artists/writers in some way, very humorous, love to eat, and we're all happy people in general. Doesn't mean we're fairies or something. People like to be surrounded by people that are similar to themselves.
  • I have very sharp teeth and nails too. I have actually drawn blood from people by accident on a few occasions. Doesn't mean I'm a werewolf.
  • So? Some people just like nature. One of my friends (part of my closest friends group mentioned above) has a kind of wooded forest area in her neighborhood and she loves to go there and find someplace to sit and just write.
  • Again, so? It's just something some people like to do. You took part in the howling and thought it was fun. Does this mean you're a werewolf? Highly unlikely, but you see the point.
  • He's your friend so of course he'll be protective of you. My closest friends and I do this all the time to each other. You mess with one of us, you mess with all of us and we'll tell you to back off.
  • Again, maybe it's just something he does. There's a girl at my school (I don't know her, just heard about her and seen her around) who likes to make high-pitched squealing noises and bites people's fingers. Doesn't mean she's some kind of monster. It's just something she does.

Posted Image

Domina Lucis

#11    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• 1,837 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:57 AM

If the only options are werewolf or a very strange human than definitely he's a very strange human.

Also if he's biting and scratching his friends while playing then that's a concern.

Plus he's pulling the classic 'take the girl out to the ol' scary forest and howl' trick, every guy tries a version of that at that age. :P

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

#12    Nightpath

Nightpath

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 139 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:08 AM

omg I found them, in a news report so it's true! :

#13    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• 1,779 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:15 AM

Can you please get a sample of his blood for us to analyze?

Posted Image

#14    wolfknight

wolfknight

Psychic Spy

• 1,658 posts

• There is nothing to Fear, but fear itself

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

I think this is his way of controlling the people around him.
He maybe be a bully hiding behind the werewolf myth.
What is he like the days before and after a full moon?

I hope your not sexually involved with this person.

#15    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,048 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

View Postwolfknight, on 07 January 2013 - 02:35 PM, said:

He maybe be a bully hiding behind the werewolf myth.
I miss the classic wedgies and swirlies.

Also tagged with werewolves, lycanthrope, lycanthropy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users