Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mirror Not Reversed?

WaterDragonGirl

Hello, lurked here for a while but only just joined because I'm trying to research something and can't find any information anywhere.

A few nights ago I was wearing a bracelet with writing on it and when I looked in the mirror, instead of being reversed, the letters looked the "normal" way around. It only lasted a split second and as it was quite late I thought maybe I was seeing things. But out of interest I tried to look up "things not reversed in mirror" and similar phrases but I can't find any information about anything like this (not good at technology/computers etc). Thought I would ask here if anyone's heard of anything like this before, what it's (meant to be) all about etc. Any info at all.

Thanks.

Considering it only lasted a moment and you know what the bracelet actually says, I'd say you just saw the bracelet the way your brain knows it actually is.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply, I thought the same thing, but I wondered if anyone else had anything similar happen. I know mirrors have a close connection to paranormal, so I wondered if this may be a common thing but I can't find any reports or stories or myths or legends or anything about things in mirrors not being reversed.

in the same vein, have you or anyone you know, brought anything out of a dream...? as the --well...its like this: we are slow. light enters our eyes, travels back along the optic cords, reaches the proper areas of translation, 'we see'...thing is, we cant see right then, right now--we see what was a second or two ago...takes that bit of time for us to catch up--i sorta agree with what he said about your brain--we're saying the same thing, only differently...humans are slow, in more way than one.

Thanks for the reply, but what do you mean brought things from dreams?

That night I had a vivid nightmare of somebody close to me dying, it felt so real I woke up worried and called them straight away. They were really ill and later that day ended up in hospital but I believe that's more of a co-incidence. Even if it was paranormal, I don't think it would be connected to the mirror thing.

Yes i would say you may have been tired and your mind flip flopped on you until you came to your senses. When my Grandpa passed away, strange activity happened after and i remember my Aunt told me she was getting ready for bed one night and she took a quick glance at the mirror and she had my Grandpa's face. Pretty damn scary lol.

Mirrors are quite strange things, and some people work with them to do scrying and magic.

Reading posts on this thread is showing how psychic you are.

Thanks for further replies.

inhumanimplant, sorry for your loss. I've heard of people seeing their face as someone else's or seeing something behind them etc. But never seeing things not appearing as they should be.

Rogue Suga, I've also heard mirrors can be used for scrying or divination etc but I really don't think I'm psychic or have any supernatural "abilities".

Some people (me) would argue that there aren't supernatural things, and that everything that happens has a mundane explanation.

I'm not saying that to discredit the other ...suggestions here.

But, just saying if you wanted a supernatural explanation, then you'll probably not want to pay attention to stuff I say.

Not particularly looking for an explanation I guess. It freaked me out a bit but I quickly realised it was probably my mind playing tricks on me, it was when I started researching "I wonder if anyone else has had that happen" I couldn't find anything so I signed up here as I have been lurking a lot lately and I know mirrors have a close connection to paranormal stuff, so while I'm sure of my own "experience" I'd like to know if/why it's happened to anyone else (can't even find anything in movies/pop culture where it has happened)? (Sorry I'm quite bad at explaining things).