Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 3 votes

Do Animals go to Heaven?

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#76    The Unseen

The Unseen

Poltergeist

• 2,774 posts

• Whats out there?

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:29 AM

View PostAquilaChrysaetos, on 12 January 2013 - 01:26 AM, said:

Had to put down my dog I had from childhood today. Therefore naturally the question arised.
There is no pain like the pain of a loved one gone,even if that loved one is a pet and to some a pet is a family member,I am sure that there is a place in heaven because God created all and is it not so that what God created  is Good, He  created all even the animals for Adam who named them,So why wouldnt God have them in Heaven,Why would he waste his time making them ? I know your heart is heavy and may God ease your pain,Low is the heart that has lost but only realize that ,the love that was lost never ends,LOVE dosent die Know that even though you have lost your companion that even his love for you still excists  and will so untill you meet again.Believe in what God has let you learn,Love never dies,they just take it with them to hold for you, God bless you in you time of sorrow,

#77    The Unseen

The Unseen

Poltergeist

• 2,774 posts

• Whats out there?

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:38 AM

I may Not Be a Christian,but I do believe in God,Jesus and the Holy Spirit,I may not walk the path of the rightous,But I know between right and wrong,I love my fellow Humans even though some here would say different,Just saying still I believe that animals go to heaven.

#78    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:02 PM

"What about a robot with a human brain? Does it go to heaven?"

Posted Image

#79    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Unsuitable for large vehicles

• 24,803 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

Getting back on topic and to try to take it slightly seriously once again, I found this quote from Meister Eckhart, the medieval thologian and Visionary, on the subject of Heaven:
When asked where does the soul of a person go after death, he replied, "No place. Where else would the soul be going, Where else is the eternal world? It can be nowhere other than here."  Meaning that there isn't a distinction between "Us" and "Them", Earth and Heaven, but Heaven, and therefore what people choose to call God, is everywhere all around, and the souls of all living things are still with us, just not in tangible form.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#80    Crikey

Crikey

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 216 posts

• I just keep getting stronger..

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:51 PM

View PostThe Unseen, on 17 January 2013 - 08:38 AM, said:

I may Not Be a Christian,but I do believe in God,Jesus and the Holy Spirit..

A Christian can be defined as "somebody who likes Jesus".
You seem to like him, therefore you're a Christian..:)

#81    AquilaChrysaetos

AquilaChrysaetos

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

• "Some people wish to be the sun, so they can brighten your day. I wish to be the moon, which shines down upon you in your darkest hour."

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:08 AM

View PostCrikey, on 19 January 2013 - 11:51 PM, said:

You seem to like him, therefore you're a Christian.. :)

A Christian is defined as one who believes that Jesus Christ is the son of God, and follows his actual teachings... At least that's what one is supposed to be...

Jesus Christ - Matthew 28:18-20 said:

"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Posted Image

#82    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

• 24,803 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:12 AM

View PostAquilaChrysaetos, on 20 January 2013 - 03:08 AM, said:

A Christian is defined as one who believes that Jesus Christ is the son of God, and follows his actual teachings... At least that's what one is supposed to be...
Well, in that case (going off topic slightly), a good 70% of the churches that proclaim to be Christian wouldn't qualify... How many of his teachings are they ever remotely concerned about?

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#83    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 25,751 posts

• Paranoid Android... No power in the verse can stop me...

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:03 PM

View PostlibstaK, on 12 January 2013 - 01:25 AM, said:

Would it be heaven for YOU if there were no animals there?

View PostZaraKitty, on 12 January 2013 - 01:32 AM, said:

I would rather be in hell with my dog then in heaven without him.

View PostLikely Guy, on 12 January 2013 - 02:05 AM, said:

Heaven without animals, for most people, would not be heaven.

View PostKaryotype, on 14 January 2013 - 03:49 AM, said:

I agree with others, if my dogs are not there with me then I'll not go either.  I've always enjoyed this, and I placed it on the memorial page for my pets that are no longer with us.
This post isn't aimed only at these four responses, these are just examples of an issue I wanted to raise.  It seems that emotional attachment to an animal is an important point for people who say that a heaven wouldn't be heaven if said creature wasn't there....

I recently watched a finale of a tv-series in which the main character died.  This character I had gotten to know over a period of years and became emotionally involved in their triumphs and pains.  In this finale episode the character died.  And I cried.  It was a very emotional episode and I cried virtually from start to finish.  So in context of this discussion, my question to counter these responses is....

Do tv-characters go to heaven?

For many people, characters on tv represent real people. And over the course of years people become invested into the lives of these people.  Their triumphs are our triumphs, their pains are our pains.  But at some point things end, and sometimes a character dies.  We know they aren't "real", but regardless of this we still cry and mourn and wish the script-writers had chosen alternative ends.  Mourning the end of a character in a series may seem a laughable scenario, but it happens (it happened to me just today when watching a series finale), and when it does we mourn.  I wished to hell that the series didn't end THAT way, that the writers could have chosen a less heart-wrenching alternative, and in some strange way my life won't be the same without that character.  Many of the arguments about animals in heaven could apply to tv-characters who I've known and loved and lost.  

So, do tv-characters go to heaven?

~ Regards, PA

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#84    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,716 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:19 PM

An animal is a living breathing being, TV-characters are fictional and are not alive. I don't see the similarity. If you don't know the difference that is very sad and you are in need of counseling.  :whistle:

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#85    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,797 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:22 PM

View PostParanoid Android, on 20 January 2013 - 12:03 PM, said:

This post isn't aimed only at these four responses, these are just examples of an issue I wanted to raise.  It seems that emotional attachment to an animal is an important point for people who say that a heaven wouldn't be heaven if said creature wasn't there....

I recently watched a finale of a tv-series in which the main character died.  This character I had gotten to know over a period of years and became emotionally involved in their triumphs and pains.  In this finale episode the character died.  And I cried.  It was a very emotional episode and I cried virtually from start to finish.  So in context of this discussion, my question to counter these responses is....

For many people, characters on tv represent real people. And over the course of years people become invested into the lives of these people.  Their triumphs are our triumphs, their pains are our pains.  But at some point things end, and sometimes a character dies.  We know they aren't "real", but regardless of this we still cry and mourn and wish the script-writers had chosen alternative ends.  Mourning the end of a character in a series may seem a laughable scenario, but it happens (it happened to me just today when watching a series finale), and when it does we mourn.  I wished to hell that the series didn't end THAT way, that the writers could have chosen a less heart-wrenching alternative, and in some strange way my life won't be the same without that character.  Many of the arguments about animals in heaven could apply to tv-characters who I've known and loved and lost.  

~ Regards, PA
Is that really a fair comparison?  My pets have a huge impact on my state of mind.

When I am stressed or have had a hard day, the joyous greeting I get from my dog Matilda when I collect her from my parents (she gets babysat, spoilt adorable brat) and then the contented purr later in the evening of my cat/s on my lap melt the troubles of my day away into nothing.

That is no small thing, it provides balance to my mental state and grounds me to realise that it's the little special moments that matter not the issues and differences we sometimes have with people during the day. My pets efforts and company provide me with the space I need to forgive and forget when someone hurts me and to love my friends and family not just inspite of but even sometimes because of their faults which have taught me so much - after all I expect nothing of my pets but that they be happy and recognise that when they are naughty it does not make them less loveable and so I treat people with the same grace.

But the fact is, I am not just talking about our pets getting to heaven, I am talking about the nature of heaven itself and what we would consider a piece of heavenly bliss.  For me green meadows, wild flowers a pure flowing stream and rivers/lakes, mountains, trees, birds, rabbits, foxes, every one of God's creatures in fact all enjoying peace and harmony, as above so below, if God created the earth and all it's creatures and saw that it was good would he not also have all that is good in heaven too?  We can't claim to know but we can use our imagination and not exclude the possibility that our pets will be part of our bliss.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#86    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

• 24,803 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:36 PM

View PostlibstaK, on 20 January 2013 - 12:22 PM, said:

But the fact is, I am not just talking about our pets getting to heaven, I am talking about the nature of heaven itself and what we would consider a piece of heavenly bliss.  For me green meadows, wild flowers a pure flowing stream and rivers/lakes, mountains, trees, birds, rabbits, foxes, every one of God's creatures in fact all enjoying peace and harmony, as above so below, if God created the earth and all it's creatures and saw that it was good would he not also have all that is good in heaven too?  We can't claim to know but we can use our imagination and not exclude the possibility that our pets will be part of our bliss.
I think that's a very fair point. one definition of Heaven that I've seen is that it's where you're reunited with everything that you've loved. That would surely include animals as well as persons, and indeed  all the things that you've loved doing, e.g. music and literature and things, who knows, maybe even World of Warcraft, although I haven't seen any research into that as yet.
Anyway, that's one theory, another is my preferred theory that you become part of the mind of God*, and as, surely, God is in everything that he**'s created***, that would include all living things, as well as inanimate things as well.

* possibly after several reincarnations
* to anthropomorphise
** to anthropomorphise

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#87    Crikey

Crikey

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 216 posts

• I just keep getting stronger..

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:18 PM

View PostAquilaChrysaetos, on 20 January 2013 - 03:08 AM, said:

Jesus wants MATES, and everything follows on from that.. :)
"You're my friends if you follow me. I don't call you servants, but I call you friends"- (John 15:15)
Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Crikey, 20 January 2013 - 01:19 PM.

#88    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:05 PM

View PostCrikey, on 19 January 2013 - 11:51 PM, said:

By who's standards ?   One can like the character from the book but see it all as fictional and never follow him or the faith..  I thought a christian was one who believed in him and carried faith in his word?  

You seem to like him, therefore you're a Christian.. :)        

Next they'll be saying - If you've heard of him, you're Christian   lol..

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#89    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,121 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:11 PM

View Postscowl, on 17 January 2013 - 07:02 PM, said:

"What about a robot with a human brain? Does it go to heaven?"

Do you know something we don`t? :whistle:

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#90    ZaraKitty

ZaraKitty

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

• I can see it in their eyes, they've already died.

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:34 AM

View PostParanoid Android, on 20 January 2013 - 12:03 PM, said:

~ Regards, PA

Regardless if they go to heaven or not I'd go anywhere with him. I can't say I've ever felt so connected to a TV character that I'd compare it to my connection with my dog, but you can tie emotions to anything, real or not.

The internet is a series of tubes, and those tubes are full of cats.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users