Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

ruins in antarctica?

lost city ruins castle

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

• the secret to change is to focus all of your energy,not fighting the old, but building the new

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:17 AM

does any one support the plausibility that there could be ruins in antarctica? or if theres even anything under the ice at all? i think it would be very interesting if there was, maybe some lost human history that weve never known before, i mean there finding plant life in frozen regions and reviving them so i can only imagine what could be down there

happiness can be found in the darkest of times, only if one remembers to turn on the light

#2    Pax Unum

Pax Unum

< 420 Conspirator >

• 18,751 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:38 AM

You won't find any ancient ruins in Antarctica, It's been frozen for about 15 million years, and there weren't any Hominids advanced enough to build them before that... IMO

If evidence that dinosaurs evolved into tool users is ever found, I'll change my opinion to maybe... :D

Antarctica Geological_history_and_paleontology

#3    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,465 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:43 AM

Might be fossils but doubtful of the ruins.

#4    Ever Learning

Ever Learning

Psychic Spy

• 1,527 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:44 AM

wasn't the piri reis map from the 16th century meant to depict the land mass under the snow that we couldn't find until using technology, or so the conspiracy goes.

www.paranormaltales.boards.net

#5    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,110 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:48 AM

View PostArmchair Educated, on 11 June 2013 - 12:44 AM, said:

wasn't the piri reis map from the 16th century meant to depict the land mass under the snow that we couldn't find until using technology, or so the conspiracy goes.

No:

http://www.unexplain...showentry=23172

#6    jmccr8

jmccr8

Psychic Spy

• 1,066 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:54 AM

Don't see any ruins here

Video - Canada - News - MSN CA
jmccr8

#7    The Nameless One

The Nameless One

Psychic Spy

• 1,023 posts

• (\ /)
    (0.0)
    (><)
    /_|_\
    Frank The Rabbit: 28 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes, 12 seconds. That is when the world will end.

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:32 AM

I'm not sue if we will ever find ruins in Antarctica, although it sounds like it could be one hell of a storyline to a Hollywood movie. I've heard a few conspiracy theories on this, I guess it's somehow connected to the supposed hollow earth theory and the Hitler/ Admiral Byrd story Operation High jump.Neuschwabenland. I really don't know but it is very interesting, when I was a lot younger I once thought that Antarctica could have been Atlantis or even Lemuria. Who knows but nonetheless it's worth looking into and fun to hear what other people have to say about it.

One night I ventured to my wooden rocking chair right outside my back porch, and I looked to the sky in the break of twilight, staring into the dark mirror of space, filled with sands of star dust, colossal supernovas and red giants, strings of wormholes and distant planets beyond my grasp. A place where tiny enigmatic hidden black holes tear through the fabric of space and time which, who knows; may lead into other dimensions and perhaps alternate realities. And as I look up at this heavens mirror which my hands can only reach so far through this looking glass, I felt an odd sensation of something looking back staring into my own eyes, staring into a whole other universe of which I new nothing about until I saw my reflection within it, and in that moment I then knew that the key which open the portal doors to parallel worlds was myself.    "The Eyes of the Universe, Chris Landrum"

#8    jaylemurph

jaylemurph

Lector Historiae

• 8,864 posts

• "You can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make him think." Dorothy Parker

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:43 AM

View PostThe Nameless One, on 11 June 2013 - 01:32 AM, said:

I'm not sue if we will ever find ruins in Antarctica, although it sounds like it could be one hell of a storyline to a Hollywood movie.

Maybe not movies, but it *is* the plot to an H P Lovecraft novel, At the Mountains of Madness.

--Jaylemurph

"... amongst the most obstinate of our opinions may be classed those which derive from discussions in which we affect to search for the truth, while in reality we are only fortifying prejudice."     -- James Fenimore Cooper, The Pathfinder

Posted Image

Deeply venial

#9    daavin

daavin

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 121 posts

• nothing witty, nothing profound... just me.

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:27 AM

Dang jaylemurph ya beat me to it, good book by the way.

I spy with my little eye something that starts with come here and ends with OUCH
                                                   Black Adder

#10    The Nameless One

The Nameless One

Psychic Spy

• 1,023 posts

• (\ /)
    (0.0)
    (><)
    /_|_\
    Frank The Rabbit: 28 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes, 12 seconds. That is when the world will end.

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:59 AM

View Postjaylemurph, on 11 June 2013 - 01:43 AM, said:

Maybe not movies, but it *is* the plot to an H P Lovecraft novel, At the Mountains of Madness.

--Jaylemurph

Hell yea! I will definitely check that out when I finish The Elder Gods by David Eddings in his dreamers series. I have been somewhat of a fan of Lovecraft over the years I have 3 sets of the Arkham Horror board game. Call of Cthulhu, The Dunwich Horror, and Kingsport, also read The Necronomicon, I enjoy all of the B rated Lovecraft movies and I have even written a song mentioning him. I just really have never got around to reading anything of his besides The Necronomicon. But I will make sure I read At the Mountains of Madness soon.

One night I ventured to my wooden rocking chair right outside my back porch, and I looked to the sky in the break of twilight, staring into the dark mirror of space, filled with sands of star dust, colossal supernovas and red giants, strings of wormholes and distant planets beyond my grasp. A place where tiny enigmatic hidden black holes tear through the fabric of space and time which, who knows; may lead into other dimensions and perhaps alternate realities. And as I look up at this heavens mirror which my hands can only reach so far through this looking glass, I felt an odd sensation of something looking back staring into my own eyes, staring into a whole other universe of which I new nothing about until I saw my reflection within it, and in that moment I then knew that the key which open the portal doors to parallel worlds was myself.    "The Eyes of the Universe, Chris Landrum"

#11    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,639 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:24 AM

View Postkannin, on 11 June 2013 - 12:17 AM, said:

does any one support the plausibility that there could be ruins in antarctica? or if theres even anything under the ice at all? i think it would be very interesting if there was, maybe some lost human history that weve never known before, i mean there finding plant life in frozen regions and reviving them so i can only imagine what could be down there.

There's plenty of land under the ice of Antarctica.

Attached File  Antarctic 2013 bedrock map.jpg   54.68K   6 downloads

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#12    jaylemurph

jaylemurph

Lector Historiae

• 8,864 posts

• "You can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make him think." Dorothy Parker

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:43 AM

View PostThe Nameless One, on 11 June 2013 - 02:59 AM, said:

Hell yea! I will definitely check that out when I finish The Elder Gods by David Eddings in his dreamers series. I have been somewhat of a fan of Lovecraft over the years I have 3 sets of the Arkham Horror board game. Call of Cthulhu, The Dunwich Horror, and Kingsport, also read The Necronomicon, I enjoy all of the B rated Lovecraft movies and I have even written a song mentioning him. I just really have never got around to reading anything of his besides The Necronomicon. But I will make sure I read At the Mountains of Madness soon.

Guillermo del Torro was pitching a film version right before he started working on the Hobbit project that eventually Peter Jackson took over. I'd rather have seen that than a 9 hour Hobbit adaptation, me.

--Jaylemurph

"... amongst the most obstinate of our opinions may be classed those which derive from discussions in which we affect to search for the truth, while in reality we are only fortifying prejudice."     -- James Fenimore Cooper, The Pathfinder

Posted Image

Deeply venial

#13    MiskatonicGrad

MiskatonicGrad

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

• "the natural progress of things is liberty to yield and goverment to gain ground." Thomas Jefferson

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:37 AM

View Postjaylemurph, on 11 June 2013 - 01:43 AM, said:

--Jaylemurph

I am reading this right now. freaking weird it's like in the Call of Cthulhu when people in distant places have similar dreams at the same time. maybe right now someone is finding ruins in Antarctica.

"Were we directed from Washington when to sow, and when to reap, we should soon want bread" --Thomas Jefferson(1821)

"No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the legislature is in session"--Mark Twain(1866)

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." --Thomas Jefferson(1800)

#14    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,721 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:11 AM

Alien vs Predator used the idea that there were pyramids under the ice.  So, yeah, that idea was used in a movie.

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#15    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• 1,837 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:21 AM

These people that start these sort of topics never seem to do any research of their own. They have a wild idea but do not bother to see if it's likely or even possible.

A simple google search of Antarctica will easily give you enough info to get a rough idea. Especially the answer if there is land under the ice or not.

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users