Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Captagon, the drug of jihad?

toast

Thats an interesting theory and would explain the manic behavior of the self-proclaimed

"holy warriors". It has been reported by the french media that the assassin who killed 38

tourists in Tunesia last June had traces of the drug in his system.

Captagon: the stimulant that is said to be fuelling fighters in Syria. Or is it?

Media reports have described it as a super drug that can mask pain, fear and hunger.

The reality is much more complex. Dr. Bruno De Schuiteneer, a clinical expert, at Belgium's

federal agency for medicines and health products, explains how this drug works.

• Like 3

i read theres a saudi prince just been busted with 25 tone of the stuff on his own private plane .. supposedly to sell on to isis fighters .. its effects are similar to amphetamines just an over the counter version

• Like 5

No wonder they are such maniacs. Addictive, can stay awake for days, feel no pain and fear no one. It also causes you to hear voices and see things. This drug is widly used in the ME and ISIS is probably selling it. Another way they make money.

http://www.local10.com/news/syria-fighters-may-be-fueled-by-amphetamines/36580014

• Like 3

i read theres a saudi prince just been busted with 25 tone of the stuff on his own private plane .. supposedly to sell on to isis fighters .. its effects are similar to amphetamines just an over the counter version

Link to that? Not questioning the truth to it, I just never heard about it.

• Like 1

A little skepticism is useful when passing on information. At least something better than, "I heard."

OK, meth smuggling. What sort of evidence the terrorists use it as described? What if they do, what does it signify? I take it this got in the news simply because a Saudi Prince was involved -- I wonder how much gets smuggled and so on without it getting in the news. You know there are thousands of Saudi princes, so this by itself tells us nothing.

OK, meth smuggling. What sort of evidence the terrorists use it as described? What if they do, what does it signify? I take it this got in the news simply because a Saudi Prince was involved -- I wonder how much gets smuggled and so on without it getting in the news. You know there are thousands of Saudi princes, so this by itself tells us nothing.

They got busted with tons of Captagon pills, a drug that is very popular in SA according to CNN and which seems to find it's way on the battlefield in Syria.

Edited by Sam.

US pilots and are given amphetamines in a very controlled fashion when endurance is critical. The abuse of stims can make people psychotic over time - ask any meth head about the "shadow people".
  • Like 4

Try dried coffee between the gums like a dip. A Special forces trick to get caffiene in the system and aid endurance, when that cup o coffee isn't possible.

• Like 1

The drug trade in that part of the world is rampant and tells me nothing. Associating the use of drugs (probable) in ISIS and an arrest for smuggling the stuff is far-fetched and in fact sounds silly.

US pilots and are given amphetamines in a very controlled fashion when endurance is critical. The abuse of stims can make people psychotic over time - ask any meth head about the "shadow people".

Soldiers all over the world don't need to be given drugs. They self-medicate. If they are given drugs, somehow I'm not surprised.

Considering those are west-favoring links and Saudi-Arabia is in good terms with USA, I'd say this has pretty good credibility. Each to their own of course, but if your opinion differs from mine in this, I will politely roll my eyes at you. There.

Try dried coffee between the gums like a dip. A Special forces trick to get caffiene in the system and aid endurance, when that cup o coffee isn't possible.

I know a west point grad who who said they did that when on long ops...

The drug trade in that part of the world is rampant and tells me nothing. Associating the use of drugs (probable) in ISIS and an arrest for smuggling the stuff is far-fetched and in fact sounds silly.

Soldiers all over the world don't need to be given drugs. They self-medicate. If they are given drugs, somehow I'm not surprised.

I wasn't speaking to other parts of the world. AFAIK only US combat pilots are given stims and only in very specific circumstances. Anyone who has managed to become a combat pilot in the US armed forces is professional enough to be trusted not to abuse such things and on top of that there are oversight considerations that would make it impossible.