Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The GOP is now going after Trump!

Lilly

The TV news has been saying that the GOP is now officially gunning for Donald Trump. Apparently The Donald's super Tuesday slam dunk has the GOP all in a dither.

And, Mitt Romney appears to be their chosen 'gunslinger': http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/03/02/mitt-romney-recent-critic-trump-speak-thursday-2016-race/81218620/

This just keeps getting crazier and crazier!

• Like 4

The GOP was never going to nominate the Donald.

He was there just to make Cruz look less crazy and attract media attention away from the others.

Now they're terrified that Trump will split the vote when he goes "well screw you losers, I'm running Independent", so they need to make sure the GOP faithful think little of him.

• Like 3

well, Trump is their fault. They have been chasing after every radical for the last 8 years, now they got somebody who wants to de-facto abolish religious liberty and build walls. I am eerily reminded of the Soviet Union.

• Like 3

....Ina hurry, so, without reading it... I'll guess Romney will come out for Cruz, ..the "GOP" is going with Cruz.

If the GOP wants to win the only remaining candidate is Rubio. Cruz cannot win the center and without the center you cannot win the election in November.

• Like 1

Well of course they are. He's the loose canon who speaks the truth where others are afraid to for fear of upsetting their Big Business donors. Go the Donald! :D

• Like 3

The TV news has been saying that the GOP is now officially gunning for Donald Trump. Apparently The Donald's super Tuesday slam dunk has the GOP all in a dither.

And, Mitt Romney appears to be their chosen 'gunslinger': http://www.usatoday....-race/81218620/

This just keeps getting crazier and crazier!

They really are doing a good job of marketing Trump as an outsider. What a load of absolute crap. I am truly astonished people are falling for this.

• Like 1

....Ina hurry, so, without reading it... I'll guess Romney will come out for Cruz, ..the "GOP" is going with Cruz.

Nope. The GOP doesn't like Cruz either. Rubio is the "company-man" and they'll stand behind him.

Nope. The GOP doesn't like Cruz either. Rubio is the "company-man" and they'll stand behind him.

It is not about who is the "Company man", it is about "who can win against Hildebeast", because if they run with Trump, besides loosing the WH they will most likely also loose the Senate.

I guess the GOP are up the creek so to speak, Trump was expected to be just some sideline entertainment for this Election.If they pick Cruz and Trump runs Independent then the GOP vote will be split most likely.Guess Hilary should start thinking about the Whitehouse maybe...

• Like 1

Rubio's gay history will make him unelectable for the religious right, Cruz has Goldman Sachs backing him, thats much more important than the GOP.

• Like 2

Rubio might be the GOP 'company man' but the voters don't seem to be on board with this idea.

Indeed.

From what I have read, if Trump gets the Republican nomination some of the Republican leadership was considering "encouraging" a conservative independent to run. The idea was to get Trump to lose to preserve the party, even if it means Hillary wins.

Rubio's gay history will make him unelectable for the religious right, Cruz has Goldman Sachs backing him, thats much more important than the GOP.

But Cruz, given his record cannot occupy the center in any credible fashion. Radicals have never won a prezz election in the US (unless they ate a lot of chalk before and never have been identified as such).

It is not so much about Goldman, it is about: who can win?

Trump doesn't need the GOP, after all he's really smart and has the best words.

It is not about who is the "Company man", it is about "who can win against Hildebeast", because if they run with Trump, besides loosing the WH they will most likely also loose the Senate.

I think Putin would be very happy if she gets in, another lame duck in the Whitehouse.

• Like 1

From what I have read, if Trump gets the Republican nomination some of the Republican leadership was considering "encouraging" a conservative independent to run. The idea was to get Trump to lose to preserve the party, even if it means Hillary wins.

It certainly would not surprise me.

Maybe they'll ask Romney for his tips on losing yet another election to the Dems.

Cuz, that's what the GOP seems to be doing right now.

• Like 2

.Guess Hilary should start thinking about the Whitehouse maybe...

Has she thought of anything else since the day she came off the production line?
  • Like 1

it is about: who can win?

Unfortunately the answer seems more and more like Hillary.

Trump doesn't need the GOP, after all he's really smart and has the best words.

And deals. Don't for get the great deals to go with the best words.

I think Putin would be very happy if she gets in, another lame duck in the Whitehouse.

Well, the general electorate will not take a radical (in fact, no more than 40% of the Republicans are), so start getting used to Prezz Clinton II if they cannot come up with an electable candidate.

• Like 1

You mean that her fondness for humanitarian interventions would stretch the U.S. armed forces so much that they wouldn't be able to rattle the sabres at him?