Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Growing Opinion?

Ogbin

VIDEO: What's More Offensive — ISIS Or Israel?

http://m.forward.com...isis-or-israel/

From the article:

Here’s what Horowitz himself had to say about the video:

I have always thought that there was no connection between intellect and wisdom. To put this theory to the test, I headed out to the University of California, Berkeley. Students at Berkeley clearly have a lot of intellect; it is one of the most prestigious and selective universities in the country. But do they have wisdom? I went to the bucolic campus armed with a flag that represents the greatest evil known today, ISIS. If these are our best and brightest then we should all be afraid, very afraid.

Edited by Ogbin

I think "offensive" was a poor choice of words.

"Greatest threat to world peace," is a fair question to ask, but not at Berkley.

Berkley is where the sky has been shut.

LoL i saw this last night and it was kinda weird. ISIS flag, i guess mostly people ignore him and that man who pass by told him ' Good luck son ' :D Funniest part of the video. Also, that student who approach him say that smoking is not allowed :D Who is to blame that Israel got more attention, bad attention then ISIS, i wonder?

Saw these "caveats" below the clips - well worth noting - I encourage us all to take that clip with a huge grain of salt.

The students’ vitriolic reaction to the Israeli flag, as compared to the ISIS flag, is striking. A few caveats, though:

First, it seems likely that many of the students just don’t know an ISIS flag when they see one — it’s much newer and much less recognizable than the Israeli flag.

Second, the video is clearly edited — probably selectively.

Third, some students may have avoided confronting Horowitz when he was waving the ISIS flag simply because he seems totally loony — they think ISIS is beyond the pale of what any reasonable person might support, so it’s just not worth engaging. The fact that they don’t stop to argue or yell expletives at him doesn’t mean they view ISIS more kindly.

All that said, this video is still pretty eye-popping.

• Like 2

Saw these "caveats" below the clips - well worth noting - I encourage us all to take that clip with a huge grain of salt.

Yeah, it doesn't mean that people support ISIS ofc, every normal person is against those idiots but problem is that Israel has it's image made very bad recently - that is something that needs to be 'fixed' and it's up to Israel only.

• Like 4

I think "offensive" was a poor choice of words.

"Greatest threat to world peace," is a fair question to ask, but not at Berkley.

Berkley is where the sky has been shut.

I don't think it matters at what college this fun little experiment was conducted. There is an Anti-Zionist attitude is growing in this country and it's getting worse in the areas of our education, which is the point of the video.

Edited by Ogbin

The reaction by many to the Israeli flag was quite telling. The federal government won't talk about it, but any disinterested person paying attention to events near the Mediterranean Sea knows very well that the Israeli government is a criminal one.

The reaction to the ISIS flag was not surprising, despite the propaganda rhetoric being spoken by the flag waver.

I suppose that a sample of students aware enough to hold Israel in contempt might also understand that it is probable that ISIS is yet another creature of the spooks at CIA and Mossad.

Yeah, it doesn't mean that people support ISIS ofc, every normal person is against those idiots but problem is that Israel has it's image made very bad recently - that is something that needs to be 'fixed' and it's up to Israel only.

ISIS is doing some seriously heinous things in order to achieve their goals. What has Israel done that's so bad to deserve more intense ridicule than ISIS? ISIS wants world domination and is willing to commit any act in order to achieve this goal. Israel wants to be left alone to live in peace.

Edited by Ogbin
  • Like 1

ISIS is doing some seriously heinous things in order to achieve their goals. What has Israel done that's so bad to deserve more intense ridicule than ISIS? ISIS wants world domination and is willing to commit any act in order to achieve this goal. Israel wants to be left alone to live in peace.

What you don't understand is it is exactly the kind of things that 'Israel / Zionists' are doing that creates the atmosphere that creates entities like ISIS ~ and that has been the case for a long long time ~

~ Israel wants to be left alone to live in peace ? If that is what they truly want ~ if that is what you truly believe ~ I ... don't know what to say ... honestly ... I have no words ~

~

What you don't understand is it is exactly the kind of things that 'Israel / Zionists' are doing that creates the atmosphere that creates entities like ISIS ~ and that has been the case for a long long time ~

~ Israel wants to be left alone to live in peace ? If that is what they truly want ~ if that is what you truly believe ~ I ... don't know what to say ... honestly ... I have no words ~

~

I don't understand? Then please answer my question, enlighten me. What has Israel done that's so bad to deserve more intense ridicule than ISIS? And saying it's because Israel exists is not an answer.

• Like 1

I don't understand? Then please answer my question, enlighten me. What has Israel done that's so bad to deserve more intense ridicule than ISIS? And saying it's because Israel exists is not an answer.

Evidently no answers will satisfy you ~ what you are saying is akin to saying that everyone else in the world is blind to what Justice means and 'hates' Israel just because they are Jews , apart from you and those of your ilk that is is ~

That is why I said ... I have no words ~ :no:

~

• Like 1

Evidently no answers will satisfy you

How would you know? You're not answering the question.

That is why I said ... I have no words ~

No... you have no words because you have nothing constructive to say other than the typical Anti-Zionist rhetoric.

• Like 1

No... you have no words because you have nothing constructive to say other than the typical Anti-Zionist rhetoric.

If Israel want to live in peace, they can start by repenting from murdering Palestinian men, women and children.

• Like 2

You still don't even see do you ... even after you , your very self has proven my point here so poignantly ~ Oh and thanks for making my point out so clearly here ~

Like I said ... I have no words ~

~

God damn religion. whos special and whos not. Opinion ya we all have one. We are still waiting for a completly messed up belief system to evolve. Isis and Isreal same crap different pile. Let them have it out in the ME and sort it out later. We have no obligation to any of them. Unless your a religious nutter that is.

Edited by The Silver Thong
  • Like 2

God damn religion. whos special and whos not. Opinion ya we all have one. We are still waiting for a completly messed up belief system to evolve. Isis and Isreal same crap different pile. Let them have it out in the ME and sort it out later. We have no obligation to any of them.

... and then there will be another pile of crap somewhere else that need sorting out and then there will be more to sort out ~ that's how they wants to play the games ~ and many are happy to play it thinking they can beat the system just by making better systems , advanced systems , precision systems ~ that the end game ends up to belong to the winners ~ well ... if so at least play it with a better game plan ~

~~

• Like 1

... and then there will be another pile of crap somewhere else that need sorting out and then there will be more to sort out ~ that's how they wants to play the games ~ and many are happy to play it thinking they can beat the system just by making better systems , advanced systems , precision systems ~ that the end game ends up to belong to the winners ~ well ... if so at least play it with a better game plan ~

~~

Once we figure out this is all a game with players that cheat then maybe we can ban the cheaters. Honesty today seems to be more evil than the evil we thought. Hence why we have so little honesty. Honesty has become embarrasing.

• Like 3

Once we figure out this is all a game with players that cheat then maybe we can ban the cheaters. Honesty today seems to be more evil than the evil we thought. Hence why we have so little honesty. Honesty has become embarrasing.

Oh dear ... banning them would be much more of a greater headache I fear :lol:

~

Oh dear ... banning them would be much more of a greater headache I fear :lol:

~

Damit your right, just to damn many errr

Damit your right, just to damn many errr

Nahhhh ... I still harbor hopes to be proven wrong too ~ ;)

• Like 1

Now thats something I can chew on, HOPE. In my 42 years on this planet thats about it lol I will confess I have it pretty easy and being right next door to the US has not really effected me unless you take into account fox news is illegal in Canada because we dont allow talk shows to be our news source.

• Like 2

Back on topic about opinion Isreal vs isis I cant see the agenda of either being differnt.

Right now ? Its all more mind games than all out confrontation ... not yet ~ but the mind games now will dictate how far and how much success down the line for all involved ~ critical and essential I would even venture to say ~ that is why everyone is trying very very hard in playing the cards right ~ and not really doing anything substantial in terms of 'action' or operations ~ thus far ... the minds games headway is leaning very much towards the thugs ~ and that saddens me ~

~

Right now ? Its all more mind games than all out confrontation ... not yet ~ but the mind games now will dictate how far and how much success down the line for all involved ~ critical and essential I would even venture to say ~ that is why everyone is trying very very hard in playing the cards right ~ and not really doing anything substantial in terms of 'action' or operations ~ thus far ... the minds games headway is leaning very much towards the thugs ~ and that saddens me ~

~

Its a stacked or loaded deck of cards though. Al quaida, US manufactured, Isis US manufactured, Isreal US manufactured. From a layman this is working out as planned we are just lied about how and why. The why is money the how is why do we let these people get away with it.

• Like 2