Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Israel airstrikes in Syria (confirmed)

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#91    skookum

skookum

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:32 AM

View Postand then, on 05 February 2013 - 10:19 AM, said:

Just curious - why is he sick, yet Iran's leaders get a pass when saying the same thing, artfully I will admit, but they say the same thing repeatedly.

I can never figure this out either.  It is like when people say, other countries have nuclear weapons, why can't Iran?  

Maybe because the countries with nukes are not threatening to wipe another country of the map?

I do strongly believe that Iran WILL nuke Israel as soon as it has enough capability.  The only reason they need a nuke deterant against the West will be for the reprisals that will follow.

Posted Image

#92    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 13,992 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:52 AM

I think and certainly hope

View Postskookum, on 05 February 2013 - 11:32 AM, said:

I do strongly believe that Iran WILL nuke Israel as soon as it has enough capability.  The only reason they need a nuke deterant against the West will be for the reprisals that will follow.
I think and certainly hope you are wrong, but you are right in that is the reason Iran cannot be allowed to have nuclear weapons.  People thinking they should be allowed "like other nations" can only be seen as utter airheads.

#93    skookum

skookum

Psychic Spy

• 1,420 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:13 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 05 February 2013 - 11:52 AM, said:

I think and certainly hope
I think and certainly hope you are wrong, but you are right in that is the reason Iran cannot be allowed to have nuclear weapons.  People thinking they should be allowed "like other nations" can only be seen as utter airheads.

So why is Iran so desperate to acquire Nuclear Weapons?  I could understand if they felt like they were in danger of an Iraq style invasion.  But Bush has gone, the world has no desire to get involved in another Iraq/Afghanistan conflict.   But they still continue and can see the world has no desire to confront them, if it continues we may be forced.

Only the airheads believe Iran in it's claims of a peaceful nuclear energy program, they are an oil producing nation for gods sake.

The only other reason I can think of is to gain ultimate control of the region.  They will be able to threaten Saudi Arabia and even with the Saudi's military capability they will effectively be defenseless.  But Iran already has missiles capable of carrying a nuke and reaching Saudi.

At the moment they seem to be working on long range capability which has reaching Israel written all over it.  This Mickey Mouse space program is almost certainly a smoke screen for long range missile testing, exactly like North Korea.

Finally should we just ignore the threat to 'wipe Israel off the map'?

Posted Image

#94    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,639 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:00 PM

View Postskookum, on 05 February 2013 - 03:13 PM, said:

So why is Iran so desperate to acquire Nuclear Weapons?  I could understand if they felt like they were in danger of an Iraq style invasion.  But Bush has gone, the world has no desire to get involved in another Iraq/Afghanistan conflict.   But they still continue and can see the world has no desire to confront them, if it continues we may be forced.

Only the airheads believe Iran in it's claims of a peaceful nuclear energy program, they are an oil producing nation for gods sake.

The only other reason I can think of is to gain ultimate control of the region.  They will be able to threaten Saudi Arabia and even with the Saudi's military capability they will effectively be defenseless.  But Iran already has missiles capable of carrying a nuke and reaching Saudi.

At the moment they seem to be working on long range capability which has reaching Israel written all over it.  This Mickey Mouse space program is almost certainly a smoke screen for long range missile testing, exactly like North Korea.

I'm beginning to really believe that this is exactly the situation.  They act as though the threat isn't real but in their hearts the truth is IMO, they cannot lose because it doesn't matter to them if Israel is destroyed - or so they think.  It's insanity to think that Israel would refrain from nuking everyone they thought was responsible.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#95    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• 1,351 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:44 PM

View Postand then, on 05 February 2013 - 10:17 AM, said:

I personally believe that Israel will remain forever.  I accept that that flies in the face of logic but religion is that way I guess. The Bible says that at some point future the WHOLE world will come against them and God Himself will protect them.  I've chosen what I believe.

I support your rights to have your beliefs,i do not mock or bash any religious persons beliefs as long as they do not bash my ways of thinking.I see all this has 2 sides aswell,i just do not want the world to go to war because 2 religion's can not figure out how to solve a few problems over fairly insignificant things when compared to the whole.

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#96    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,639 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:05 PM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 05 February 2013 - 07:44 PM, said:

I support your rights to have your beliefs,i do not mock or bash any religious persons beliefs as long as they do not bash my ways of thinking.I see all this has 2 sides aswell,i just do not want the world to go to war because 2 religion's can not figure out how to solve a few problems over fairly insignificant things when compared to the whole.
I appreciate your attitude in this and I understand your concern about being dragged down by what might appear as the lunacy of others.  A few here snipe at me because i have the audacity to speak about what I believe I see coming - they act as though I have the power somehow to bring it about simply by speaking about it.  Trust me, I have no desire to see the pain and suffering it will bring, but I don't get a vote either - except in how I behave when it happens.  And the last part of your post is most important to understanding all this I think.  The dispute IS insignificant in the grand scheme.  That is why a thinking person should understand that it is more than just a simple property dispute.  I believe our Creator is using a simple thing to show us the ultimate ending of where unbridled hatred, jealousy and pride takes us as a species.  We literally are going to have to come to the brink of the abyss before we finally understand and are able (the survivors) to change.  JMO

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#97    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,440 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:26 PM

View Postskookum, on 05 February 2013 - 03:13 PM, said:

You should stop believing everything you hear on TV, and that goes for those who liked your post.    The rhetorical "threat" from Iran refers to the Zionist regime.  It is analogous to my desire to rid our government of the neoconservative regime.   It's analogous to what happened to the USSR in 1991.  Did the map of the US change when we eliminated many neocon influences from our government?   Did someone die?   Stop believing the Zionist propaganda bud.   We've got to figure out how to get a lot less defensive about foreign governments we're instructed by our handlers to agree with.  What is so sacrosanct about the Israeli regime, pray tell?   I'm not asking 'and then', I'm asking you, skookum.

You need to figure out who the airheads are too.   What is up with this media-fed propaganda supposing that oil burning electrical generators are what Iran needs to have to keep its lights on?   Nuclear energy powers electricity.  Because Iran is an oil exporter has nothing to do with their need for, and right to have, nuclear power.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#98    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:28 AM

I can never figure this out either.  It is like when people say, other countries have nuclear weapons, why can't Iran?  

Maybe because the countries with nukes are not threatening to wipe another country of the map?

Like North Korea? Oh wait....

Where has Iran directly threatened to wipe out another country?

I have never seen evidence of this, only twisting of words.

The last War Iran was involved in was with Iraq and it was Iraq who attacked Iran. (they where pushed to do it by the US)

It's funny how everyone says Iran is dangerous but they haven't attacked anyone in 214 years!

Now look at Britain, US and Israels track record of attacking other countries and their involvement in wars.... LOL

Edited by Coffey, 06 February 2013 - 12:28 AM.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#99    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,511 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:30 AM

I do strongly believe that Iran WILL nuke Israel as soon as it has enough capability.  

Why do you strongly believe this?  How do you know?  From the TV?

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#100    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• 1,496 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:51 AM

View Postacidhead, on 06 February 2013 - 05:30 AM, said:

Why do you strongly believe this?  How do you know?  From the TV?
Apparently the next Monkey they send into space will have a 1 megaton warhead and a catapult.

Edited by shaddow134, 06 February 2013 - 05:51 AM.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#101    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,511 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:09 AM

I believe, from watching TV, that Iran will eventually become our friend, like THEY never were,  without a shot fired.  Something doesn't seem right there... too predictable based upon western and foreign media.   Either it's a slow buildup to war, based on the rash decision to invade Iraq, or it's a complete BLUFF.  By both sides.  Corporations working together to mold society through evil means.  Utter deception.

Patriotism is the highest form of collectivism.

There are NO war upon nations anymore.  But there is a war on individuals in nations...  A war led by corporate interest.  Interest that has infected GOV.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#102    skookum

skookum

Psychic Spy

• 1,420 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:23 AM

View PostCoffey, on 06 February 2013 - 12:28 AM, said:

Like North Korea? Oh wait....

Where has Iran directly threatened to wipe out another country?

I have never seen evidence of this, only twisting of words.

The last War Iran was involved in was with Iraq and it was Iraq who attacked Iran. (they where pushed to do it by the US)

It's funny how everyone says Iran is dangerous but they haven't attacked anyone in 214 years!

Now look at Britain, US and Israels track record of attacking other countries and their involvement in wars.... LOL

I don't believe western propaganda, however I certainly don't listen to Iranian propaganda either.

My belief is what I said, it is my belief and I hope to god I am very wrong.

If Iran is so peaceful and has no hostile intentions then why is it practically ever week it shows off it latest military breakthrough?

Why does an oil producing nation spend billions on nuclear power when it has all the resources it needs?

I have Iranian friends and they believe the nuclear program is for power needs as apparently power shortages are rife in Iran.  So instead of building conventional power stations to supply their needs now they embark on a nuclear program that is taking years and still could be many years away from the first power station.  Pull the other one.

There is a saying I believe in 'when your walking on eggs, don't hop'.

Posted Image

#103    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,440 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:07 AM

View Postskookum, on 06 February 2013 - 10:23 AM, said:

If Iran is so peaceful and has no hostile intentions then why is it practically ever week it shows off it latest military breakthrough?

Why does an oil producing nation spend billions on nuclear power when it has all the resources it needs?

I have Iranian friends and they believe the nuclear program is for power needs as apparently power shortages are rife in Iran.
With this logic, why go to the moon?  Why build the Hoover Dam?  It'll take years!  We already had all the resources we needed.   What were we building ICBMs and hydrogen bombs, B-52s and nuclear submarines for?   Only when it comes to Iran, military breakthroughs are what signifies bad intentions?  

Iran doesn't have all the resources it needs, that's just another infamous talking point from the gossip mill.  Listen to your Iranian friends and stop believing the propaganda.   They're 70 million people in an energy-deficient nation.   Maybe Iran doesn't want to pollute itself with Carbon Dioxide, Sulfur Dioxide, Nitrogen Oxides, Methane, Mercury, etc.   If they have nuclear power they can export their oil and profit from selling it.   They can import refined gasoline to power vehicles and machinery.  Iran will benefit greatly from having a broader energy footprint.

It doesn't even matter why they want nuclear energy.  They're entitled to it, no matter why they want it.   You might not like that.  Iran might be scary for some reason.  But they're entitled to it no matter how many spooky stories we hear about.   We're going to have to man up and deal with it on the world stage from a legal standpoint, for better or for worse.

Can we worry about the attacks from the countries that are attacking and stop worrying about words being said about the countries that aren't?

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#104    .AKUMA.

.AKUMA.

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

• The True Warrior Enters The Arena with all his powers
    At the Ready.

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:23 AM

I don't believe western propaganda, however I certainly don't listen to Iranian propaganda either.

I have Iranian friends and they believe the nuclear program is for power needs as apparently power shortages are rife in Iran.  So instead of building conventional power stations to supply their needs now they embark on a nuclear program that is taking years and still could be many years away from the first power station.  Pull the other one.

Irans  military breakthroughs are nothing spectaculer the reason the iranian regime seems to promote them so much is for deterance, from fear of a western/israeli attack.

An oil rich nation turning to nuclear power?
its one of the smartest things a nation could do.
Oil is a finite resource and every nation knows its going to come to an end, building a nuclear
power infastructure will maintain a secure future fpr your nation. Besides selling most of your oil abroad rather relying on it at home, could be extreamly profitable.

One World, One Order

The Greatest Accomplishment of the Devil, Was Convincing the world he doesn't Exist.

#105    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:40 AM

Seems so hateful and like he loves war. :whistle:

They show military power as a deterrent. Imagine if this was a playground and some nasty spiteful kid (that's Israel by the way) Kept getting it's bigger friend to bully you (that's the US by the way) and took your lunch money everyday... Wouldn't you want to show that you won't stand for this?

Also you failed to provide evidence of Iran's threat to nuke Israel.....

I really don't get how you can honestly think Iran would nuke Israel. They would be nuked in return and they are intelligent enough to know that. What kind of weird world do you live in? Are you really that brainwashed by the media? lol Please use some common sense.

Edited by Coffey, 06 February 2013 - 11:45 AM.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users