Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

students are found murdered in man's basement

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#16    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,635 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

View PostRyu, on 20 January 2013 - 07:26 PM, said:

What do you mean by that? That once they were down he should've taken a knife and gone at them?
They are already injured after being shot.

We can throw all sorts of labels around in an attempt to dehumanize one side and turn the other into a hero but the reality is that a man, who obviously is a few eggs short of an omelet, not only shot them but purposely killed them after they were incapacitated then didn't even call the police until way later.

You can't undo "dead".
HUH? No, one shot is enough to maim!

The rest i agree with you on.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#17    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

Eclipsed

• 10,325 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:25 PM

Update:

http://www.dailymail...iple-times.html

Byron Smith charged with first degree murder.

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

#18    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 7,635 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:33 PM

Good, justice has been served. As I said this  before this guy was not John Wayne Gacy but he was not far off!!  First  degree murder it WAS!

Edited by freetoroam, 26 April 2013 - 08:33 PM.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#19    Leftcoastgal

Leftcoastgal

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 104 posts

• "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro" H.S. Thompson
    Avatar: The Comet Kid by Bob Sacha

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:59 PM

wow, vicious response from the homeowner. He stepped way outside the intention of the law on this,  IMO.

It became murder when they were both down and he went in close to finish them off, let alone waiting a day to call the law out to his house. Thumbs down for Mr. Smith, unleash the lions!

#20    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

Eclipsed

• 10,325 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:10 PM

Sorry ladies, but I don't agree with you :(

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

#21    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 7,635 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:17 PM

View Postouija ouija, on 26 April 2013 - 09:10 PM, said:

Sorry ladies, but I don't agree with you :(

Prosecutors have said an audio recording Smith made of the shootings includes him telling a wounded Kifer 'you're dying,' before firing the final shot.

=================================

He knew they were not armed.  The 2 were by no means innocent, but shot to death?

#22    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

Eclipsed

• 10,325 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:26 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 26 April 2013 - 09:17 PM, said:

Prosecutors have said an audio recording Smith made of the shootings includes him telling a wounded Kifer 'you're dying,' before firing the final shot.

=================================

He knew they were not armed.  The 2 were by no means innocent, but shot to death?

It suddenly occurred to me when I was reading the article earlier, that maybe he was meaning 'because you are almost dead I will put you out of your misery'.

#23    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 7,635 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:28 PM

View Postouija ouija, on 26 April 2013 - 09:26 PM, said:

It suddenly occurred to me when I was reading the article earlier, that maybe he was meaning 'because you are almost dead I will put you out of your misery'.
How very noble of him!

#24    Leftcoastgal

Leftcoastgal

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 104 posts

• "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro" H.S. Thompson
    Avatar: The Comet Kid by Bob Sacha

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:49 PM

View Postouija ouija, on 26 April 2013 - 09:26 PM, said:

I had a split second of that thought until it was more clear in the article that this was after he had stood over her and put several (or more?) bullets into her chest, AFTER the first shot that hit her and caused her to fall  down the stairs into the basement.   THEN he gave her what he calls the "clean kill-shot".

There's so much malice in what he did, I stand firm, he deserves charges.

Edited by Leftcoastgal, 26 April 2013 - 09:49 PM.

#25    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,491 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:57 PM

Yeah, I support his right to defend his home, but he clearly went for revenge.

It is hard to muster up any real pity for the robbers though.  If you play a dangerous game, sometimes you lose.  Tragic waste of young lives by the poor decisions of all involved.

Edited by supervike, 26 April 2013 - 10:59 PM.

#26    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

Eclipsed

• 10,325 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:17 PM

http://www.dailymail...e-basement.html

Most recent update.

#27    Jilliman

Jilliman

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:00 PM

The recording sounds really disturbing but in m honest opinion I feel no sympathy for the teenagers. You break into someone's home, you risk your life. I know that sounds really cold but it's ridiculous how many break ins occur all over this country these days. People are going to start acting nutty.

I think this guy snapped after having people break in several times before hand hence the disturbing way he killed them. I think he was overcome with terror turned rage which is why he did what he did. I'm not condoning him for his actions but people to horrific things when they're scared and being scared can turn into being angry very quick.

#28    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 14,133 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:39 PM

View PostJilliman, on 23 April 2014 - 07:00 PM, said:

The recording sounds really disturbing but in m honest opinion I feel no sympathy for the teenagers. You break into someone's home, you risk your life. I know that sounds really cold but it's ridiculous how many break ins occur all over this country these days. People are going to start acting nutty.

I think this guy snapped after having people break in several times before hand hence the disturbing way he killed them. I think he was overcome with terror turned rage which is why he did what he did. I'm not condoning him for his actions but people to horrific things when they're scared and being scared can turn into being angry very quick.
But to come up close to a person you've already shot and finish them off?  No way.  This guy should not be around decent people.  Personally I own no material posession I would kill some body over.  I would fight and likely kill to protect my own life but I won't kill a person over a television set.

#29    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 7,061 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:49 PM

View PostOverSword, on 23 April 2014 - 07:39 PM, said:

But to come up close to a person you've already shot and finish them off?  No way.  This guy should not be around decent people.  Personally I own no material posession I would kill some body over.  I would fight and likely kill to protect my own life but I won't kill a person over a television set.
I agree, to shoot once is understable if you feel threatened.  After that all you need to do is hold them at bay by having a gun aimed at them.  His intention was clearly to shoot to kill and he lay in wait to do just that even having the presence of mind to move the bodies so they don't damage his carpet.  He is cold and callous, not a terrified victim.  It was murder and he admitted as much by taking a "kill shot" to ensure they were dead when they were already clearly badly injured and incapacitated.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#30    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 3,994 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 10:25 PM

In my opinion he had ever right to shoot them, just like that one guy that accidently left his garage open and two kids came in stabbed him twenty times and burn the bed he was in and robbed him, lucky he survived.No one know what intruders will do.However he should have call the police right after but was properly afraid they persecute him.Kids or no kids if perps are going in to a home to robbed, there`s the chance their going to be hurt or killed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users