Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * * 2 votes

scariest urban legends


  • Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#31    Feenix Fire

Feenix Fire

    Psycho Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • Joined:16 Nov 2004
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:san antonio, texas

  • Don't worry! I'll just use my super psychic powers of Deja Vu!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:06 PM

The stories of La Lechuza used to kinda creep me out as a child. We'd share the tales at slumber parties. There are a lot of different versions of the creature but basically it's just a very large bird. (Much like Thunderbirds i suppose) It got really freaky for me when my sister and I were exchanging stories and my grandmother, after overhearing our conversation, told me she believed in La Lechuza. She seemed quite serious which was surprising since I had never thought her to be interested in "such nonsense". She told us that one night she went out to the back to get something. She noticed a larger egg shaped thing in the neighbor's backyard. She gave it a few curious glances then continued on her way until she heard movement. The object began walking! well it was more like wadding the way she describe. Frightened, she she quickly went back towards her house. She was afraid to look behind her but she said she heard the sound of wings flapping as she went inside.

Edit:
BTW- Lechuza is really just "owl" in spanish lol ^_^

Edited by Feenix Fire, 23 May 2012 - 03:08 PM.

Posted Image
My own little fairy!  ^_^

#32    Grimm24

Grimm24

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 83 posts
  • Joined:21 May 2012
  • Gender:Male

  • The World is Indeed Comic but the Joke is on Mankind - H.P. Lovecraft

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:37 PM

View PostFeenix Fire, on 23 May 2012 - 03:06 PM, said:

The stories of La Lechuza used to kinda creep me out as a child. We'd share the tales at slumber parties. There are a lot of different versions of the creature but basically it's just a very large bird. (Much like Thunderbirds i suppose) It got really freaky for me when my sister and I were exchanging stories and my grandmother, after overhearing our conversation, told me she believed in La Lechuza. She seemed quite serious which was surprising since I had never thought her to be interested in "such nonsense". She told us that one night she went out to the back to get something. She noticed a larger egg shaped thing in the neighbor's backyard. She gave it a few curious glances then continued on her way until she heard movement. The object began walking! well it was more like wadding the way she describe. Frightened, she she quickly went back towards her house. She was afraid to look behind her but she said she heard the sound of wings flapping as she went inside.

Edit:
BTW- Lechuza is really just "owl" in spanish lol ^_^

Iv heard a lot of different versions of this one also makes you kind of wonder where they originally got started in the first place. These monster size birds.

EXODUS-INSANUS-NOCTURNAS

#33    nue

nue

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Joined:26 May 2012

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:31 AM

dont know about you but the japanese manga Fuan No Tanae is illustrated reportedly based on real urban legends of sightings of unexplained things.

http://mangafox.me/m...n_no_tane_plus/

warning: some of them are VERY creepy.


#34    MetallicBlood

MetallicBlood

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • Joined:02 Jul 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tampa, Florida

  • You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:37 AM

When I was a kid I tried doing the Bloody Mary thing. I closed my bathroom door (I didn't lock it) and had the lights off and I remember being so scared that she was gonna appear in the mirror and rip my face off. Of course nothing happened, but everyone told me I "did it wrong" and had to say her name like 67 times instead of just three...give me a break.

She stands out in a crowd, she thinks out loud to save her breath, with a portrait of her parents death.

#35    Sunny Dole

Sunny Dole

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Joined:29 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:India

  • Life is what you make of it.

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:43 PM

This one I heard in college-

It happened in Medical School hostel. It was August. New batch of student was in hostel. There was a newcomer girl very shy. So her senior decided to frightened her. They somehow manage to brought a human arm from Anatomy Department cadaver room. And placed this arm in girls bed after she was asleep. At night she felt wetness in her bed. And she noticed what was it and she remained silent. After some time seniors came to look how their prank was going. They looked from ventilator in her room. but they saw noone on bed they were terrified and broke the door.....looked around.....nobody was there.....where is she?.......then a girl scremed........and all looked up......the newcomer girl was sitting on the top of cupboard and eating that arm..........

Edited by Sunny Dole, 30 May 2012 - 07:46 PM.


#36    Apopo

Apopo

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 125 posts
  • Joined:08 May 2012
  • Gender:Male

  • "Blind faith is an ironic gift to return to the Creator of human intelligence."

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:18 AM

There was one urban legend that said you could not stare at the top of trees directly at night or else there would be a flying head or something. Come on, I did that many times, and nothing happened.

"A fool sees not the same tree that a wise man sees"

#37    ioppolo

ioppolo

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 59 posts
  • Joined:10 Jun 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Perth, Australia

Posted 10 June 2012 - 02:29 AM

Here in Australia, over east there's the story of the Rambo grandma, who shot off 2 rapists testicles because they raped her daughter.

Not overly scary but an interesting one none the less.

Edited by ioppolo, 10 June 2012 - 02:30 AM.


#38    Jacques Terreur

Jacques Terreur

    Conspiracy Theorist

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Joined:07 Dec 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:AREA 69

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:35 AM

View Postioppolo, on 10 June 2012 - 02:29 AM, said:

Here in Australia, over east there's the story of the Rambo grandma, who shot off 2 rapists testicles because they raped her daughter.

Not overly scary but an interesting one none the less.
nice aiming abilities for a grandma....


#39    Skeptic Chicken

Skeptic Chicken

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Joined:20 Jul 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Western Australia

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:09 AM

View PostFeenix Fire, on 15 May 2012 - 05:40 PM, said:

Are you talking about Ted's Cave?
http://www.angelfire...aver/page1.html
That thing is a fun story. Not over the top things flying at you from all directions. Really sets up an atmosphere. Just a shame that he didn't try to continue it or give it an ending in the 11 years he had. Wonder if he went back down :D

My User Name is a loving memory of how much I want to know about the worlds secrets, that I forgot to look up the definition of "skeptical" before I made my account.

#40    Skeptic Chicken

Skeptic Chicken

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Joined:20 Jul 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Western Australia

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:12 AM

View Postioppolo, on 10 June 2012 - 02:29 AM, said:

Here in Australia, over east there's the story of the Rambo grandma, who shot off 2 rapists testicles because they raped her daughter.

Not overly scary but an interesting one none the less.
Wouldn't want to make a loud noise in her library, damn!

My User Name is a loving memory of how much I want to know about the worlds secrets, that I forgot to look up the definition of "skeptical" before I made my account.

#41    Aim4TheHead

Aim4TheHead

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,774 posts
  • Joined:18 Jan 2010
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Colorado

  • This tragedy is all my fault.

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:02 PM

La Llorona :unsure2:

La Llorona ("The Weeping Woman") is a widespread legend in Mexico, the American Southwest, Puerto Rico Central and South America. Although several variations exist, the basic story tells of a beautiful woman by the name of Maria killing her children by drowning them, in order to be with the man that she loved. When the man rejects her, she kills herself. Challenged at the gates of heaven as to the whereabouts of her children, she is not permitted to enter the afterlife until she has found them. Maria is forced to wander the Earth for all eternity, searching in vain for her drowned offspring, with her constant weeping giving her the name "La Llorona".
In some versions of the tale, La Llorona kidnaps wandering children, or children who disobey their parents. People who claim to see her say she comes out at night or in the late evenings from rivers or oceans in Mexico. Some believe that those who hear the wails of La Llorona are marked for death, similar to the Gaelic banshee legend. She is said to cry "Ay, mis hijos! Ay, mis hijos!" which translates to "Oh, my children!"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Llorona

My grandma use to tell us if we didn't behave or go to sleep she would get us. :passifier:


#42    Maximus793

Maximus793

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Joined:07 Apr 2012

Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:57 PM

I think I read once that there was a bridge or a tunnel that a guy dressed as a bunny used to drag people and kill them. There was graffiti wherever it was that said Beware the Bunny or something, it just gives out a creepy feeling.

Does anyone remember seeing that somewhere?


#43    Skeptic Chicken

Skeptic Chicken

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Joined:20 Jul 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Western Australia

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:22 PM

View PostMaximus793, on 12 June 2012 - 02:57 PM, said:

I think I read once that there was a bridge or a tunnel that a guy dressed as a bunny used to drag people and kill them. There was graffiti wherever it was that said Beware the Bunny or something, it just gives out a creepy feeling.

Does anyone remember seeing that somewhere?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bunny_Man

My User Name is a loving memory of how much I want to know about the worlds secrets, that I forgot to look up the definition of "skeptical" before I made my account.

#44    Mantis914

Mantis914

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts
  • Joined:26 Jun 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Lone Star State

  • You have shown me a strange image, and they are strange prisoners. Plato

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:58 PM

My grandmother told me a story about one of her male relatives (uncle, nephew, don't remember) that had gone out drinking and carousing one night long ago and on the way home, he spotted a very lovely, shapely woman walking down the street with long golden locks of hair going down her back but her face shrouded by the hair.  After following the woman for some time trying to get her attention, the guy tries everything except manhandling her which eventually he does.  He grabs her long beautiful hair which causes her to turn her head around enough for him to see that she has the face of a horse and that her hair doesn't feel like a woman's hair but that of a horse's mane.  The guy runs like lightning to his house and the family finds him in a stupor and out of breath but later relates the story to them.  Thus, he repents his wicked ways never to carouse again.  Let that be a lesson to you all... :yes: ;)  never chase after shapely horses after drinking...  :su   In all seriousness, it's always told as a true story and in all the years that I've heard this story over and over again, it's never deviated from the first time I've heard it.


#45    EnglishStudent526

EnglishStudent526

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
  • Joined:18 Mar 2012

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:55 PM

View PostMetallicBlood, on 28 May 2012 - 01:37 AM, said:

When I was a kid I tried doing the Bloody Mary thing. I closed my bathroom door (I didn't lock it) and had the lights off and I remember being so scared that she was gonna appear in the mirror and rip my face off. Of course nothing happened, but everyone told me I "did it wrong" and had to say her name like 67 times instead of just three...give me a break.

what i remember is say it 3 times, and splash the mirror with water.. like wet ur hand and splash it... 'course i never tried....





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users