Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

maggie's Funeral

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#16    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Forum Divinity

• 10,661 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:17 PM

View Postskookum, on 12 April 2013 - 07:56 PM, said:

Didn't she relieve some pain for the climate crowd as she put a stop to subsidizing coal that nobody wanted and switching to gas?

Thing is most hardline Labour supporters would would still vote the party in if Gengis Khan was the leader.
She had the redeeming quality of been a scientist who understood science.

It is all to understandable why most people don't vote. There are no human or decent politicians on offer and so we are left with hobsons choice.

Br Cornelius

I believe nothing, but I have my suspicions.

Robert Anton Wilson

#17    spursfan

spursfan

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:27 AM

Nothing wrong with being left wing - i'm left wing and proud.

Its ridiculous the cost of the funeral when such savage cuts are being made elsewhere by the tories, and the recall of parliament too.

Also, the song 'ding dong the witch is dead' will be no 1 this week but the bbc will only play 5 seconds of it but its giving her funeral 3 hours !.

#18    Oscar77

Oscar77

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:55 PM

This is the UK foreign aid yearly donations to the following countries.

India - £295 million (Errrmmm, aren't they the fastest growing economy in the world?)
Ethiopia - £214 million
Bangladesh - £149 million
Sudan - £146 million
Tanzania - £144 million
Pakistan - £140 million
Afghanistan - £133 million
Nigeria - £114 million
Congo - £109 million
Ghana - £90 million

....not a whisper......silence....tumbleweed blowing through the streets.....

....a funeral....£8-10 million.....Ooooh I'm outraged...what a waste of money....we could have built maybe half a school....funded the NHS......ooooh lets march...!!!. Compared to our foreign aid bill or our £53 million a day
contribution to keep the EU going, £8 million is a drop in the ocean

Edited by Oscar77, 15 April 2013 - 08:56 PM.

#19    Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher

Facebook Fiend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

• Your blood's worth bottling!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:16 PM

10 million for this funeral.Christ on a crutch.I would have buried her in a potters field!If you gauge the public reaction just off chart sales alone  you'll find that the anti Thatcher song got to number two while the pro Thatcher song got to a measly 35.And the last time the Big Ben was silent was not at Winston Curchill's funeral but 28 Days Later.Though having said that Churchill deserved his accolade despite not being PM when it came to our finest hour.

She dosn't however because she destroyed the militant tendencies of our trade unions,single- handedly destroyed the mining industry and laid the template for other infamous PM's like John " The Golem" Major,Tony" Cheshire Cat" Blair and Camwrong.If you added up the cost of all the miners funerals together it won't even pay for Katherine Jenkins.But if Arthur Scargill got a send-off it should be worth 20 million quid.

And an other thing.The council tax was instigated in her reign of terror.

Swindon Town:  Division Two Champions 2011-12.
Proud member of Macdonald's Red Army since 1989.
Up the Robins!

#20    Setton

Setton

Psychic Spy

• 1,550 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:50 PM

View PostG Donnelly, on 15 April 2013 - 09:16 PM, said:

10 million for this funeral.Christ on a crutch.I would have buried her in a potters field!If you gauge the public reaction just off chart sales alone  you'll find that the anti Thatcher song got to number two while the pro Thatcher song got to a measly 35.And the last time the Big Ben was silent was not at Winston Curchill's funeral but 28 Days Later.Though having said that Churchill deserved his accolade despite not being PM when it came to our finest hour.

She dosn't however because she destroyed the militant tendencies of our trade unions,single- handedly destroyed the mining industry and laid the template for other infamous PM's like John " The Golem" Major,Tony" Cheshire Cat" Blair and Camwrong.If you added up the cost of all the miners funerals together it won't even pay for Katherine Jenkins.But if Arthur Scargill got a send-off it should be worth 20 million quid.

And an other thing.The council tax was instigated in her reign of terror.

Yep, we should spend 20 million on a funeral for someone who organised economically crippling strikes and cost the country a significant amount of money but not 10 million on someone who struck a £70 BILLION (and counting) deal for us. Makes perfect sense :wacko:

'Good' is not the same as 'nice'.
'No, murder is running your broadsword through someone because he worships a different God to you... Or is that evangelism? I get confused.'
When they discover the centre of the universe, a lot of people are going to be disappointed - They are not it.
I don't object to the concept of a deity but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.

#21    ciriuslea

ciriuslea

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

• CHAMP20NS

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:54 PM

View PostOscar77, on 15 April 2013 - 08:55 PM, said:

This is the UK foreign aid yearly donations to the following countries.

India - £295 million (Errrmmm, aren't they the fastest growing economy in the world?)
Ethiopia - £214 million
Bangladesh - £149 million
Sudan - £146 million
Tanzania - £144 million
Pakistan - £140 million
Afghanistan - £133 million
Nigeria - £114 million
Congo - £109 million
Ghana - £90 million

....not a whisper......silence....tumbleweed blowing through the streets.....

....a funeral....£8-10 million.....Ooooh I'm outraged...what a waste of money....we could have built maybe half a school....funded the NHS......ooooh lets march...!!!. Compared to our foreign aid bill or our £53 million a day
contribution to keep the EU going, £8 million is a drop in the ocean

I think your'll find foreign aid is also under the spotlight, I recently remember the opposition to Hauge's £120m to Congo pledge, but its not quite the same level of discontent, 'wasting' money to keep people alive than putting a dead one in the ground, but there has to be a catalyst, people tend to simmer until they boil over

#22    Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher

Facebook Fiend

• 1,113 posts

• Your blood's worth bottling!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:44 PM

View PostSetton, on 15 April 2013 - 09:50 PM, said:

Yep, we should spend 20 million on a funeral for someone who organised economically crippling strikes and cost the country a significant amount of money but not 10 million on someone who struck a 70 BILLION (and counting) deal for us. Makes perfect sense :wacko:
Though if you look at the basic facts of the matter Mr Scargill is more worthy of a 10 million funeral than a person who insults and angers every part of my working class roots.But twenty million of anybody's money when it comes to any funeral isn't worth the investment.If this deal is that lucrative then the funeral costs should come out of it. I don't think humble taxpayers should be mathered because of this.Though the only redeeming feature and I mean only is the Falklands War.It dosn't really matter who the PM is at the time.British sovereignty is paramount.But I honestly can't see how a 70 billion deal was struck out of this.

Besides if there was being a 70 billion deal being struck why has it only now that I'm aware of it.Because it hasn't stopped toxic debt and double dip recessions.Unless there's more in the Government coffer than their letting on.Though I don't watch polictical programmes as a rule because of all the pompous,posturing,self- serving windbags.A major turn- off!

Edited by G Donnelly, 15 April 2013 - 10:52 PM.

Swindon Town:  Division Two Champions 2011-12.
Proud member of Macdonald's Red Army since 1989.
Up the Robins!

#23    ciriuslea

ciriuslea

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

• CHAMP20NS

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:57 PM

View PostG Donnelly, on 15 April 2013 - 10:44 PM, said:

Though if you look at the basic facts of the matter Mr Scargill is more worthy of a £10 million funeral than a person who insults and angers every part of my working class roots.But twenty million of anybody's money when it comes to the funeral isn't worth the investment.If this deal is that lucrative then the funeral costs should come out of it. I don't think humble taxpayers should be mathered because of this.Though the only redeeming feature and I mean only is the Falklands War.It dosn't really matter who the PM is at the time.British sovereignty is paramount.But I honestly can't see how a £70 billion deal was struck out of this.

Besides if there was being a £70 billion deal being struck why has it only now that I'm aware of it.Because it hasn't stopped toxic debt and double dip recessions.Unless there's more in the Government coffer than their letting on.

She sold of most of British industry, and gained a massive windfall from the North Sea, she introduced the right to buy without ploughing any profit back into building replacements, she weakened the Unions which reduced workers rights, she relaxed banking regs which ultimately led to irresponsible lending and the current banking crisis...nothing to really boast about.

When you actually do any research on this £70b figure you see just how hollow this claim is.

#24    Setton

Setton

Psychic Spy

• 1,550 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:09 PM

View PostG Donnelly, on 15 April 2013 - 10:44 PM, said:

Besides if there was being a £70 billion deal being struck why has it only now that I'm aware of it.Because it hasn't stopped toxic debt and double dip recessions.Unless there's more in the Government coffer than their letting on.Though I don't watch polictical programmes as a rule because of all the pompous,posturing,self- serving windbags.A major turn- off!

I don't know. Maybe because you've been living under a rock? And, no, we're still skint. Courtesy of pretty much every PM for decades, from both parties. Basically what the deal means is that we're 70 bn less in debt than we would be otherwise. Not that we have it just sitting around. Remember, the deal was struck when Thatcher was in power and we've had insane spending for most of the last governments time in office.

You want to know why the funeral can't be paid for with this 70 bn? Cos labour already spent it.

'No, murder is running your broadsword through someone because he worships a different God to you... Or is that evangelism? I get confused.'
When they discover the centre of the universe, a lot of people are going to be disappointed - They are not it.
I don't object to the concept of a deity but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.

#25    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,590 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:12 PM

View Postealdwita, on 10 April 2013 - 04:08 PM, said:

Me neither - same reason -opposite wing!
  Me too, but I don't have wings.

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#26    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Mainly Spherical in Shape

• 25,118 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:16 AM

What i can't wait for is Tony Blair's fulsome tribute. That'll be something to record, I bet.
"She was... the people's ... PM."

* I wonder how much Security there'll be? I wonder if the Common People will be allowed anywhere near to show their respects?

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#27    skookum

skookum

Psychic Spy

• 1,533 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:13 AM

To be honest I will be glad when she is in the ground so people can stop going on about it.

How many threads are there on it now?

Edited by skookum, 16 April 2013 - 08:17 AM.

Posted Image

#28    ali smack

ali smack

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts

• If something's hard to do, then it's not worth doing

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:54 AM

I think it's wrong that the taxpayer has to pay for her funeral. No offence but whenever anyone else dies.There families pay for it.
So i'm totally against it. Where supposed to be in a recession and they have 2-10m to spend on a military funeral-for a politician
( That without being disrespectful wasn't terribly well liked)

#29    Setton

Setton

Psychic Spy

• 1,550 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:05 AM

View Postali smack, on 17 April 2013 - 12:54 AM, said:

I think it's wrong that the taxpayer has to pay for her funeral. No offence but whenever anyone else dies.There families pay for it.
So i'm totally against it. Where supposed to be in a recession and they have 2-10m to spend on a military funeral-for a politician
( That without being disrespectful wasn't terribly well liked)

As has been pointed out a number of times now, her family ARE paying for the funeral. The government is paying for security and such.

#30    Ohelemapit

Ohelemapit

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:30 AM

R.I.P. Ma'am

See you on the over side Mrs T. x

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users