Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 3 votes

Maya Glyph Shows Lance-Tongued Lizard-Birds

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#16    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:34 AM

View PostMantis914, on 22 October 2012 - 03:56 PM, said:

Lance tongued lizard bird... that sounds like the original description of the Chupacabras when it was first being reported down in Puerto Rico...
Very interesting Mantis914. Can you give any specific report/article examples please? I'd love to hear them.

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

#17    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:39 AM

View PostAbramelin, on 22 October 2012 - 04:27 PM, said:

Posted Image

It's a photo of a Mayan relief at Tikal in Guatemala, discovered by Teobert Maler. It was taken to Berlin, but disappeared during the second world war. It may portray the events that caused the Maya’s ancestors to flee their legendary homeland of Aztlán or Tulan (both mean ‘place of reeds’). It shows an erupting volcano sinking into the ocean, a crumbling temple-pyramid, the creation of tidal waves, someone fleeing in a boat, and a person drowning.
Excellent work Abramelin and thanks for the detailed artwork. Yes, I think it does also show the destruction of their temples by natural causes and someone fleeing in a boat. Note that the 'three fingers' shown by the drowning man and the angry looking fish is also a cryptozoological reference.

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

#18    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,085 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:58 PM

The thing just above the head of the man in the boat is most probably a burning rock thrown out by the volcano. It also looks similar to the Mayan glyph for Venus or Star.

The fish is just a fish, the drowning man's hand is just that: a hand.

#19    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,790 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:47 PM

View PostSunnyBlues, on 23 October 2012 - 10:39 AM, said:

Note that the 'three fingers' shown by the drowning man and the angry looking fish is also a cryptozoological reference.
Is that suppose to make sense? Anyway the drowning man has 4 fingers.

#20    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 7,954 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:33 PM

I think its a women, long hair and eye lashes. But isn't that some sort of Prehistoric fish at the bottom?

#21    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,085 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:41 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 23 October 2012 - 03:33 PM, said:

I think its a women, long hair and eye lashes. But isn't that some sort of Prehistoric fish at the bottom?

Why? Does it look really old to you??

You were thinking "Coelacanth", right?

It's just a fish, any fish.

Edited by Abramelin, 23 October 2012 - 05:42 PM.

#22    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,673 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:00 PM

View PostSunnyBlues, on 22 October 2012 - 12:15 PM, said:

I was astounded that these people were wonderful enough to have recorded this information for us. You can see the *ends* of the wings as flapping, whilst in reality imo the lizard rib-extensions are fixed and the 'hands' are used for the rapid kinetic motion for power. The bio-luminecsence is clearly defined in a beam, which comes from their tails and reflected off their bodies. The blood-draining lance tongue would be directed to their eye for instant and easy death if the person didn't respond quickly enough. The glyph shows the lizard-bird dircted at the man's throat, an easy misatke to make imo. Four thousand years ago mankind experienced and understood the beasts better than we do today.

Inspired by Gian J. Quasar's book 'Into The Bermuda Triangle'. Highly recommended.
All I see are several volcanos spewing noxious gases, smoke and ash, and a man in a boat who is breathing in said gases and smoke. I don't see any sign of a flying lizard at all. Where are the legs, head, eyes?

You might as well conclude that the man is reaching for the paddle to get that carnivorous, man-burrowing, turtle out of his back.

Edited by DieChecker, 23 October 2012 - 07:05 PM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#23    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:12 AM

You're "volcano" explanation doesn't make sense. Why is the presumed volcanic ash pictogram on it's side, just infront of the man's face then?! An earthquake explanation is better, no volcanoes needed imo. It's common knowledge that earthquake activity gives rise to 'earth light' phenomena (which is alarmed lizard-birds taking to the air imo).

Wikipedia: Earthquake light

An earthquake light is an unusual luminous aerial phenomenon that reportedly appears in the sky at or near areas of tectonic stress, seismic activity, or volcanic eruptions. Once commonly challenged, it was not until photographs were taken during the Matsushiro earthquake swarm in Nagano, Japan (which occurred from 1965 through 1967) that the seismology community acknowledged their occurrence.

Earthquake lights are caused by an unknown mechanism

Edited by SunnyBlues, 24 October 2012 - 10:24 AM.

#24    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,790 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:25 AM

View PostSunnyBlues, on 24 October 2012 - 10:12 AM, said:

You're "volcano" explanation doesn't make sense. Why is the presumed volcanic ash pictogram on it's side, just infront of the man's face then?! An earthquake explanation is better, no volcanoes needed imo. It's common knowledge that earthquake activity gives rise to 'earth light' phenomena (which is alarmed lizard-birds taking to the air imo).
It makes perfect sense, it even looks just like a volcano, not some fictional lizard-bird you've pulled out of thin air.

#25    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,642 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:34 AM

maybe that's meant to represent a speech bubble coming out of his mouth? As in, whenever the priest leads you to this pictograph, he imarts the sacred words  until the bloke in the canoe.

#26    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,673 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:05 PM

Yes, a rare earthlight phenomena is more likely then everyday common volcanism. You're right....

The smoke in front of that poor fellow is to show him breathing in the sulphurous, smokey air. That seems clear.

Where is the head, the legs, even the spear-tongue??

View PostWearer of Hats, on 24 October 2012 - 11:34 AM, said:

maybe that's meant to represent a speech bubble coming out of his mouth? As in, whenever the priest leads you to this pictograph, he imarts the sacred words  until the bloke in the canoe.
Could even be the poor fellow choking to death and spraying blood and air from his ash damaged lungs?? :yes:

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#27    Insignia

Insignia

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 227 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:01 PM

I see a rather stylised depiction of a volcanic eruption.
Why are people so desperate to see things that are blatantly not there?

#28    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:23 AM

Abramelin, I was refering to you incidentally with my last post. How do you explain the 'volcanic ash cloud on it's side' infront of the man's face??

#29    Ninhursag

Ninhursag

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

• Et In Arcadia Ego

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:00 AM

Whatever it represents, the artwork is absolutely amazing ..

~ Nothing In Nature Is By Chance... Something Appears To Be Chance Only Because Of Our Lack Of Knowledge. - Brauch De Spinoza ~

#30    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:21 AM

View PostNinhursag, on 25 October 2012 - 11:00 AM, said:

Whatever it represents, the artwork is absolutely amazing ..
Agreed :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users