Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Magazine Article- south American nessies

EnigmaSeeker

Ive been trying to track down this old story( or one of its possibly more than one published incarnations)- I first saw it years ago in a Vintage "Strange Tales" sort of magazine ( can not remember at present, if it was this same one or different publication- but I believe a fairly well known one) The issue and magazine as a whole dated anywhere roughly from Circa the 1920s- 1960s Approximately,-- The story centered on an account in the later 1800s in South America (possibly Argentina I believe) where a group of fellas Ex military or possibly Gauchos (South American cowboys) were trekking for some reason in a remote (semi desert or barren I think) region where there was a lake (or a few small ones close together) when they came across what were later reported as PLesiosaur like creatures ( i think more than one) in the lake and on shore possibly.

Does anyone recall this story and the same publication I refer to where it was featured?( or also another publication where it was featured?)

Thanks for any Heads up.

Jon.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mekorig

• EnigmaSeeker

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive been trying to track down this old story( or one of its possibly more than one published incarnations)- I first saw it years ago in a Vintage "Strange Tales" sort of magazine ( can not remember at present, if it was this same one or different publication- but I believe a fairly well known one) The issue and magazine as a whole dated anywhere roughly from Circa the 1920s- 1960s Approximately,-- The story centered on an account in the later 1800s in South America (possibly Argentina I believe) where a group of fellas Ex military or possibly Gauchos (South American cowboys) were trekking for some reason in a remote (semi desert or barren I think) region where there was a lake (or a few small ones close together) when they came across what were later reported as PLesiosaur like creatures ( i think more than one) in the lake and on shore possibly.

Does anyone recall this story and the same publication I refer to where it was featured?( or also another publication where it was featured?)

Thanks for any Heads up.

Jon.

Maybe you are talking about Nahuelito?