Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jade helm exercise in Kent, Ohio?

GoPlayonAhighway

so the kent police department issued an interesting statement the same morning jade helm began:http://www.kent360.com/10082-police-training.html

the fact College St. is by far the most crime ridden street in all of Kent, makes me think something else was going on...but,

me dunno. me just work grill and make grilled cheese. :rofl::huh:

Sounds like they are just having a training exercise just like Jade Helm is. Police departments and the military do this all the time. No conspiracy theory here.

• Like 2

well here is my issue: why the media blackout on reporting on an "exercise"? all social media sites from FB to reddit have been blocking and deleting comments about jade helm. and i just thought that was a very odd day to choose to run an exercise. and there are not many vacant houses on college st as the link claims. however there are plenty of people cooking speed on college st. i don't care if they were busting the mini meth labs, but i do not like being treated as if i am oblivious...ehh...what do i know anyhow?

Let's pretend for a moment that Jade Helm and the Kent scenario are truly devastating scenes of mass takeover of innocent Americans. Not that I believe that, but let's pretend.

The police and military forces would, by necessity, have trained for that takeover, right? I mean, that sort of activity isn't instinctual. So they trained for it. Where would they have trained? Army bases? Sure, the military has realistic mockups of urban scenes, but do you think that's all they need to train? What about police? Do they train only at the academy? The link in the OP says the police are using vacant houses, which are going to be torn down to build a new police station. That seems to make sense. Why not train in as realistic place as possible? That doesn't mean actual invasion/takeover, but c'mon, they have to train somewhere, sometime. Or else, how effective would an invasion be?

• Like 1

Let's pretend for a moment that Jade Helm and the Kent scenario are truly devastating scenes of mass takeover of innocent Americans. Not that I believe that, but let's pretend.

The police and military forces would, by necessity, have trained for that takeover, right? I mean, that sort of activity isn't instinctual. So they trained for it. Where would they have trained? Army bases? Sure, the military has realistic mockups of urban scenes, but do you think that's all they need to train? What about police? Do they train only at the academy? The link in the OP says the police are using vacant houses, which are going to be torn down to build a new police station. That seems to make sense. Why not train in as realistic place as possible? That doesn't mean actual invasion/takeover, but c'mon, they have to train somewhere, sometime. Or else, how effective would an invasion be?

right, but why on the same daay as a massive military operation begins. an operation that has many people paranoid in the first place. why did they choose THAT DAY? The KPD has never had any trouble kicking in doors, raiding houses, fighting, or shooting. They have those maneuvers down pat. Did I mention there is only one vacant home on college st? not several as the link claims.... i just think something smells funky here...maybe i am wrong. i hope so

Who's drawing the connection with jade Helm? The story, brief as it is, doesn't seem to say anything about that.

Why not that day? What day would you have them choose? Christmas Day? Then people would be shouting, "Why are they doing it on Christmas Day?!" August 22? Someone would shout "Why that day? That's my birthday! They're going to get me on my birthday!"

With the conspiracy minded, rationality can't win, because conspiracy-laced thinking isn't rational.

• Like 1

Besides, that was two weeks ago now. Did anything sinister happen?

• Like 1

Can you find Kent, Ohio on the map now?????? Huh? According to undiscovered evidence I just made up, they made the whole town disappear. Along with the 9/11 passengers, and the Count of Monte Cristo, and holy cow, I've got to stop this. It's getting too ridiculous even for me. I can't compete with the nuttiness of the conspiracy world.

It's like trying to outdo the Weekly World News. It just can't be done.

• Like 2

something sinister always goes on around here... :gun: but no, i did not hear of anything specific. there were also national guardsmen at the place i work that day. which is unusual, but they were actually pretty cool when i talked with them for a moment. i guess if the government would stop with this super secretive, cloak and dagger crap, and just be up front about what they can, then maybe my mind would stop going to dark places. if i could take them at their word and trust what they say, i could see myself standing by them. i think a lot of people feel the same. :geek:

• Like 1

Can you find Kent, Ohio on the map now?????? Huh? According to undiscovered evidence I just made up, they made the whole town disappear. Along with the 9/11 passengers, and the Count of Monte Cristo, and holy cow, I've got to stop this. It's getting too ridiculous even for me. I can't compete with the nuttiness of the conspiracy world.

now that is unfair. i am not making anything up. take that disappearing city/9-11 crap back where it came from. "ridiculous" would be ignoring this and not questioning the motives

• Like 1

something sinister always goes on around here... :gun: but no, i did not hear of anything specific. there were also national guardsmen at the place i work that day. which is unusual, but they were actually pretty cool when i talked with them for a moment. i guess if the government would stop with this super secretive, cloak and dagger crap, and just be up front about what they can, then maybe my mind would stop going to dark places. if i could take them at their word and trust what they say, i could see myself standing by them. i think a lot of people feel the same. :geek:

Well, in Texas the National Guard are keeping an eye on the regular troops ... :unsure:

now that is unfair. i am not making anything up. take that disappearing city/9-11 crap back where it came from. "ridiculous" would be ignoring this and not questioning the motives

I wasn't saying you were making anything up at all. I was making it up. I said, "According to undiscovered evidence I just made up," which had nothing to do with you. Re-read my post.

But you yourself said the guardsmen were cool when you talked to them. But since the authorities never know who they're talking to (friend or enemy), why should they broadcast their intentions? So the enemy (whoever that might be--ISIS or the local drug gangs) can find out what they're about to do? And even if they do broadcast something like "We're planning on police training exercises in this area next week," the same way the water company puts up signs that say "Hydrant flushing Monday," some people are going to miss it. I see those hydrant flushing signs all the time, but guess what? I never see them actually flushing the hydrants. Why? I'm not there at the time.

How often do you see them empty parking meters or (if you're old enough) pay phones? Almost never. But they do.

Well, in Texas the National Guard are keeping an eye on the regular troops ... :unsure:

the national guard would never shoot it out with US soldiers. Never. now the militias or police, that could happen. in my humble opinion..

How is this related to the 1200 ish person exercise that is Jade Helm?

i am not stating it is related. I am just curious why they did this on that particular day..

i am not stating it is related. I am just curious why they did this on that particular day..

Ok then why did you say it was related?

In a place that's being torn down like that, it's very common for police, fire, and EMS to have big training exercises with moulaged "victims." They'll do it several times a year with cool scenarios. They get their moulaged "victims" from BLET (Basic Law Enforcement Training) classes, EMT classes, fire academy classes. It's good training and lots of fun for everybody. Hospital emergency rooms even get in on the action. The Red Cross brings snacks and water.

I've never seen them tape it off so the public could watch, but it might be a fun idea for community watch organizations.

When that scenario training is finished, the fire department will probably have a controlled burning for fire training.

Never let something like that go to waste. :tu:

• Like 1

Are you serious??? How old are you guys? Do you not remember the Kent State shootings? On May 4, 1970, National Guardsmen fired 67 rounds into a crowd of college kids -- killing 4 and wounding 9. People from Kent, Ohio have good reason to remember and be afraid. That was a terrible thing to happen to a university town.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kent_State_shootings

• Like 3

Don't apologize GoPlay. Kent, Ohio indeed was put into a very dark place 45 years ago. That has to leave a scar on a town and its people.

• Like 1

Well, it would lead to a legacy of suspicion about heavily armed representatives of the State patrolling the streets, I suppose that's understandable.

• Like 3