Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

GMO Wheat Found In Oregon Field

wheat oregon field genetically engineered

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,320 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:04 PM

A farmer in Oregon has found some genetically engineered wheat growing on his land. It's an unwelcome surprise, because this type of wheat has never been approved for commercial planting.

The U.S. Department of Agriculture says it's , trying to find out how this wheat got there. The USDA says there's no risk to public health, but wheat are worried about how their customers in Asia and Europe will react.

http://www.npr.org/b...wd-it-get-there

Posted Image

#2    Doug1o29

Doug1o29

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,382 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:14 PM

Starlink showed us that it is impossible to keep GMO plants separate from others.  If they're out there, they'll get into the food supply.
Doug

If I have seen farther than other men, it is because I stood on the shoulders of giants. --Bernard de Chartres
The beginning of knowledge is the realization that one doesn't and cannot know everything.
Science is the father of knowledge, but opinion breeds ignorance. --Hippocrates
Ignorance is not an opinion. --Adam Scott

#3    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,415 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:49 PM

.The illusion was that you could keep plants from interbreeding. The Monsanto bill really begins to make sense to me... they want to take the stash and run...

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#4    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,536 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:06 PM

there's two options - eother seeds blew there on the wind from a research centre, or a "differently ethical" corporation just released it into the wild so they could see how it grew or say "well, it's out there now, you might as well approve it for sale and use now".

while I wish it's the former, I sadly suspect it's the later.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users