Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghosts mourn their own death in prison cell

taniwha

Greetings UM followers, I know some of you are a tough crowd but here goes...

A few years have passed since I heard a woman wailing mournfully for minutes and minutes on end.

As the sobbing eased a baby started crying loudly in obvious distress, increasing over a long while.

I was locked in a police holding cell at the time, for about 2 hours and had no idea it was haunted.

A policeman walking out and about every 15 minutes or so neither said boo to me nor I to him.

I held my tongue while he casually did paper work, he would glance at me briefly, I would press my face up

against the bars, glare and think,

" Whats your problem? Why dont you tend to your prisoner? What kind of a***hole locks up a mother and baby anyway? "

And on it went, I sat on a bench, put my feet up and hung my head in despair feeling incredibly sorrowful and drained.

A dog barking directly outside annoyed the hell out of me, yapping and yapping continually.

I then realised I could no longer hear crying, the end of their anguish filling me with a real sense of relief and

thankfully, eventually the dog shut up.

But peace was an illusion as I could hear a timber saw, ceaselessly cutting through my last half hour of confinement.

Finally I was released and on exit I saw not and heard not the mother and baby, and you guessed it, there were no

other cells!

Out back of my cell no signs of a police dog on a leash or even kennels, just an expansive mostly empty parking lot

and absolutely no sight or sound of the noisy timber mill.

Later I found out that there had been a fatal house fire on the land which the police station now occupies. Needless

to say the site was never blessed.

Other people whom had experienced the ghostly sounds while in the cells, and had said something to the police were told,

" What are you talking about? Its only the wind blowing through the keyhole. " :no:

p.s I wasnt afraid. Thankyou for reading.

• Like 1

If I may ask, what was you in the cell for?

Drink, Drugs, Driving offence?

Being locked up in a cell can have a hugely stressful effect on a persons mentality, some people deal with this by hearing noises etc.

Ive personally been suffering alot from stress over the last year, my premature son was critically ill in hospital and work and money worries dont help, seem to have alot more ailments, usually chest pains, but more recently irritated gums, which on talking to people seem to suggest its a physical manifestation of stress.

Just an idea.

• Like 1

No problem I was arrested on an outstanding warrant as I breached periodic detention, but Im thinking even if I was suffering all the stress in the world, doesnt change the fact that other people have heard the same tearful ghosts, and that the fire was real.

I understand stress and fatigue will have a physical effect on the human body, but death for some must be the most stressful time imaginable, so who knows in those instances what the soul can manifest, do you think maybe during vulnerable times spirits communicate their presence more easily?

Strange as this may sound, without knowing the history of the cell I seemed to clearly sense what I was hearing and developed empathy towards their suffering.

Thinking about it now it would be similar maybe to how a bat 'hears' then 'sees' its surroundings while flying blindly in a dark cave.

Anyway, friend I wish you and your family good health and success in the future. Thanks for your reply.

No problem I was arrested on an outstanding warrant as I breached periodic detention, but Im thinking even if I was suffering all the stress in the world, doesnt change the fact that other people have heard the same tearful ghosts, and that the fire was real.

I understand stress and fatigue will have a physical effect on the human body, but death for some must be the most stressful time imaginable, so who knows in those instances what the soul can manifest, do you think maybe during vulnerable times spirits communicate their presence more easily?

Strange as this may sound, without knowing the history of the cell I seemed to clearly sense what I was hearing and developed empathy towards their suffering.

Thinking about it now it would be similar maybe to how a bat 'hears' then 'sees' its surroundings while flying blindly in a dark cave.

Anyway, friend I wish you and your family good health and success in the future. Thanks for your reply.

Perhaps at times of vulnerability you are more perceptible to your surroundings.

Are you of Maori heritage?

I ask only because of your avatar and the fact that my ex girlfriend is Maori and she was more in touch with "the spirit world" than most.

Hello and yes, part of my ancestry is Maori the other part English.

I reside in the South Island and had this experience when visiting my peoples for the first time when in my early twenties.

It is a small forestry town in central North Island.

The sounds I heard definitley left the mental impression of ' tangi ' (wailing in grief)