Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Discovered - Mysterious Disc on Baltic Seabed

• Please log in to reply
294 replies to this topic

#241    Lightingbird

Lightingbird

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 54 posts

• Step Aside or Die

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:47 PM

Very interesting.  Any update to this story?

#242    Myles

Myles

Alien Abducter

• 4,501 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:25 PM

It has been found to be a giant donut.   The "trail" leading to it appears to match the outine of Homer Simpson.

#243    Render

Render

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:59 AM

Im guessing this is the same thing:

'UFO' at the bottom of the Baltic Sea 'cuts off electrical equipment when divers get within 200m'
  • Object is raised about 10 to 13ft above seabed and curved at the sides like a mushroom
  • Hole is surrounded by an strange rock formation that expedition team can not explain
  • Stones are covered in something 'resembling soot' which has baffled experts
  • Divers say phones and some cameras switch off when close to the object

http://www.dailymail...ivers-200m.html

Edited by Render, 27 June 2012 - 10:00 AM.

#244    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,110 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:43 AM

3D > see image:Attached File  baltic-anomaly-room-corridor.jpg   80.14K   45 downloads  Sonar reveals perfectly straight lines and angles embedded into the round structure.

“When we went out and saw the walls which were straight and smooth, it was frightening, as in a science-fiction film” – Dennis Åsberg – Ocean Explorer Co-Founder

From the different reports and interviews given we have amassed the following details of the anomaly.

◦Completely circular plate-like exterior.

◦180 metres in circumference.

◦Object is 200ft accross mushroom shaped comprising a thick pillar rising 8 metres out of the seabed with a 4 metre thick dome on top (like a mushroom shape) – rising a total of 12 metres (approx 40 feet) high above the surrounding seabed.

◦Cavities-like corridors inside the object.

◦Straight and smooth walls  in certain areas with many right angles.

◦There are visible formations on top of the object, which are set at a 90 degree angle and look like passageways or walls, as well as something that looks like it could be a staircase.

◦Stone circles, like “fireplaces”, of hard black “almost petrified” burnt looking stone each a few inches in diameter, like 4 or 5 pearls in a necklace in various arrangements on top of the dome.

◦Spherical object nicknamed “The Meringue” (pictured below) is 4 metres wide and sits on top of the object.

◦Twenty-five centimetre hole on top of the object, it’s not known yet where it leads or what if anything is inside.

◦Long runway or “skid marks” leading to object point north.

http://truthfall.com/

Edited by Abramelin, 27 June 2012 - 11:46 AM.

#245    bison

bison

Psychic Spy

• 1,339 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:23 PM

It is possible for linear cracks to appear in natural stone, of course. Voids with parallel, smooth, seven-meter-tall walls, and right-angled corners, like internal passageways, are somewhat more improbable. As it turns out, the samples taken in the first set of dives were apparently loose pieces found atop the circular object. They may or may not be of the same material. The large object was reportedly too hard to break off a sample from. This makes me doubt that it is sandstone, which was suggested, and which is nor particularly hard.   They intend to get samples of the main object when they begin diving again in two or three weeks.
*****The new photographs presented this month are of relatively small areas of the object. This has caused some confusion, with people objecting that the rough rings of small stones, and the small dome-like structure atop the main object do not resemble what appeared in last year's sonar image. These may, in fact, simply be rocks that fell down onto the large object at some point.    More and better sonar images are promised by the end of this week. It is hoped that these will give an overall picture of the object, and help clarify the answer to the question about the natural or artificial nature of the object.

#246    urell97531

urell97531

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:59 PM

I once owned a video of a documentary on photos from Mars.  There appeared a graveyard of crafts with similar shape as package man video games.  Can anyone remember photos?

#247    urell97531

urell97531

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:13 AM

Correction. Pac Man

#248    chezarelli

chezarelli

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:19 PM

Probably nazi escape pod from 1945 hitlers skeleton at the controls

#249    Earl.Of.Trumps

Earl.Of.Trumps

BigFoot Whisperer

• 2,992 posts

• One of the beginnings of human emancipation is knowing when authority needs to be corrected | Hitchens, adapted

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:38 PM

frikkin' unbelievable.

“A new expedition will take place in approx three weeks.” – Peter Lindberg, co-founder OceanX Team (approx 2 weeks now at time of publishing)

published on June 30, figure around July 21

If HALF of what is in that truthfall link is real, then all I can say is, it HAS to be an abandoned USO. that's all.

what can I say?

Anyone suspect perhaps a publicity stunt???

just guessing

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps, 03 July 2012 - 11:06 PM.

"I'm not trying to say your wrong, I'm just saying I disagree with you" ~ Jeremy ~

#250    EllJay

EllJay

Poltergeist

• 2,666 posts

• Today We Are Creating Tomorrow's Yesterday

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:53 PM

I dont know really.
The guys seems pretty serious in interviews, and they have a long history (some 20 years) of successful salvaging of old ships and WW2 airplanes etc.
They are not some x-files, tinfoil-hat yahoos screaming UFO or Loch Ness at anything.

But, they have a Discovery film-crew with them to do a documentary on this expedition, and it might be a case of them, and/or the film producer who wants to prolong this reveal and make it a bit more mysterious than it really is, just to get a bit more hype around it.
Who knows.
Or maybe, they have found some strange things and want to be really sure what it is, before having the tabloids running them down.

They themselves have never said they think it is a UFO, that story has gotten legs by people seeing these images and jumping to conclusions on their own.

"Opinions are like a**holes, everyone seems to have one" - Dirty Harry

"All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand... "

"I have a black belt in Feng Shui, the subtle martial art. I go home to you and move a lamp and a chair... twelve years later you lay there on the floor with broken kneecaps and destitute."

#251    Earl.Of.Trumps

Earl.Of.Trumps

BigFoot Whisperer

• 2,992 posts

• One of the beginnings of human emancipation is knowing when authority needs to be corrected | Hitchens, adapted

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:08 PM

No doubt I am one that jumped to that conclusion.

it's a huge "disk", it has what appears to be a structure inside like a living structure for humans (halls rooms)

It is likely too old to have been man made.

I'm running out of options.

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps, 03 July 2012 - 11:12 PM.

"I'm not trying to say your wrong, I'm just saying I disagree with you" ~ Jeremy ~

#252    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 4,903 posts

• I might have been born yesterday but, I've been up all night.

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:56 PM

Hmm. I dunno. The "room like structures" are apparently those squarish shapes on it's surface? I've seen some of the sonar images of it and part of that could be explained in that sonar images are taken in bands and then compiled to form an image. This banding effect, combined with the grooves marking it's surface could combine in one's imagination to appear as "rooms".

I've also seen one of the later images, unfortunately a close up with no sense of scale provided, and it appears to be much smoother.

As it is shaped more like a mushroom (not just a disc) other people have suggested that it's a 'laccolith'. I'm going with that (or the Millenium Falcon).

P.S.: Doesn't one of those explorer guys have a tape measure? It's gone from 60 to 180 feet in diameter and back again. This is probably just numerous errors from the media not converting metres to feet, of course, but for crying out loud, just how big IS the darn thing?!

#253    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,110 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:30 AM

View PostLikely Guy, on 03 July 2012 - 11:56 PM, said:

P.S.: Doesn't one of those explorer guys have a tape measure? It's gone from 60 to 180 feet in diameter and back again. This is probably just numerous errors from the media not converting metres to feet, of course, but for crying out loud, just how big IS the darn thing?!

No, it was and still is 60 meters, or 180 feet in diameter.

#254    Render

Render

Psychic Spy

• 2,080 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:38 PM

Hmmmm, I just read an article that diminishes this whole disc thing it's credibility.
Apparantly the company that's doing the "exploration" wants to make it some form of an expensive attraction to dive to where the disc is.

So.........this is probably just a big hype to make money, too bad.

#255    bison

bison

Psychic Spy

• 1,339 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:29 PM

The observations about there being 90 degree angles; features like passageways and rooms seem to be based on what the divers saw, not on the sonar image from last year. The list of possible explanations for this object *is* getting rather short. Those based on ancient human activity seem to disregard the fact that the area has been, alternately, under water or kilometers of ice for hundreds of thousands  of years. Dennis Aasberg reports in a recent statement that they have shown their findings to geologists, but these experts can offer no explanation.

Edited by bison, 04 July 2012 - 04:32 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users