Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * - 1 votes

Ark of the Covenant to be revealed?


  • Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#106    sauniere

sauniere

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Joined:31 Oct 2011

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:18 PM

I read in a book that a european scholar in the 1940's saw 'the ark' and said its nothing like the description of the ark of the covenant. He says the ethiopian claim has no value


#107    sauniere

sauniere

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Joined:31 Oct 2011

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:20 PM

Sorry, just to clarify, the scholar i speak of saw the claimed ark in ethiopa, where hancock and others suggest it is.


#108    Abramelin

Abramelin

    -

  • Member
  • 18,109 posts
  • Joined:07 May 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

  • God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:59 PM

View Postsauniere, on 12 December 2011 - 09:18 PM, said:

I read in a book that a european scholar in the 1940's saw 'the ark' and said its nothing like the description of the ark of the covenant. He says the ethiopian claim has no value

Did he give a description of how the ark looked like?

And what was the title of that book?

.

Edited by Abramelin, 12 December 2011 - 10:01 PM.


#109    WoIverine

WoIverine

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 6,721 posts
  • Joined:16 Sep 2008
  • Gender:Male

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:58 PM

If the claim has no value, that would obviously explain why more powerful individuals, agencies, or world governments haven't gone after it. I mean...think about some of the crazy Hitler stories, surely he would've probably sent some nazi's there to claim it. I wasn't trying to sound Indiana Jonse-y, but still...

Edited by Spid3rCyd3, 12 December 2011 - 10:58 PM.


#110    docyabut2

docyabut2

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,401 posts
  • Joined:12 Aug 2011

Posted 13 December 2011 - 01:29 AM

View PostParacelse, on 12 December 2011 - 02:20 PM, said:

where did you get the "proto-gunpowder" from?  the arch never exploded.



The Ark is constantly accompanied by clouds.Gold frition would `nt constantly do that.The ark had to be some kind of burning device.When the Jews traveled, they were led by the Ark and a pillar of clouds (Num. 10:34); at night, the pillar of clouds was replaced by a pillar of fire.


#111    DieChecker

DieChecker

    I'm a Rogue Scholar

  • Member
  • 17,821 posts
  • Joined:21 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portland, Oregon, USA

  • Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 13 December 2011 - 02:29 AM

View PostSpid3rCyd3, on 12 December 2011 - 10:58 PM, said:

If the claim has no value, that would obviously explain why more powerful individuals, agencies, or world governments haven't gone after it. I mean...think about some of the crazy Hitler stories, surely he would've probably sent some nazi's there to claim it. I wasn't trying to sound Indiana Jonse-y, but still...
IIRC, there was a story that the Ethopians did hide it in WW2 because many Nazi artifact collectors did come sniffing around. Let me google around and see if I can find that story.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#112    sauniere

sauniere

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Joined:31 Oct 2011

Posted 13 December 2011 - 06:58 PM

Hi again,

Sorry abramelin and others, i should've quoted my source in my earlier post. The book i read was called from eden to exile by eric h cline - its about mysteries from the old testament, such as noah's ark and the ark of the covenant. It takes quite a sceptical view on most things.

The book discusses ethiopia's claim to the ark and quotes a scholar called edward ullendorff, a retired professor of the university of london, as telling the los angeles times 'i've seen it. There was no problem getting access to it in 1941... they have a wooden box and its empty... middle to late middle medieval construction, when these were fabricated ad hoc'.


#113    sauniere

sauniere

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Joined:31 Oct 2011

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:05 PM

I have a few books on the ark of the covenant as i love books about unexplained mysteries, though i must admit i haven't read everyone all the way through.

Books i have are

The templars and the ark of the covenant by graham phillips, which  states the ark, or part of it ended up in england.

The sign and the seal by graham hancock, the most famous ark book.

The quest for the ark of the covenant by stuat munro hay, a rather dry, critical look at the ethiopian claims.

searching for the ark of the covenant by randall price.

The book i previously mentioned 'from ededn to exile' by eric h cline has a good overview of the ark but concludes it probably got destroyed or melted down. Its a good book about bible mysteries.


#114    sauniere

sauniere

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Joined:31 Oct 2011

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:10 PM

I forgot to mention the lost ark of the covenant by tudor parfitt aswell, gee i have a lot of books on the subject !.

Sorry to keep posting, thats enough now !


#115    Paracelse

Paracelse

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 4,074 posts
  • Joined:02 Mar 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:France

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:53 PM

View Postsauniere, on 13 December 2011 - 06:58 PM, said:

Hi again,

Sorry abramelin and others, i should've quoted my source in my earlier post. The book i read was called from eden to exile by eric h cline - its about mysteries from the old testament, such as noah's ark and the ark of the covenant. It takes quite a sceptical view on most things.

The book discusses ethiopia's claim to the ark and quotes a scholar called edward ullendorff, a retired professor of the university of london, as telling the los angeles times 'i've seen it. There was no problem getting access to it in 1941... they have a wooden box and its empty... middle to late middle medieval construction, when these were fabricated ad hoc'.
Thanks for answering the reference.  Cline seem to be someone with some qualification being professor of who knows his archeology.http://home.gwu.edu/~ehcline/

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither Benjamin Franklin
République No.6
It's time for a sixth republic.

#116    WoIverine

WoIverine

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 6,721 posts
  • Joined:16 Sep 2008
  • Gender:Male

Posted 15 December 2011 - 04:20 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 13 December 2011 - 02:29 AM, said:

IIRC, there was a story that the Ethopians did hide it in WW2 because many Nazi artifact collectors did come sniffing around. Let me google around and see if I can find that story.

Really? That's definitely interesting, I never heard that one before, if you come across any information, definitely post it up! Thanks DC  :tu:


#117    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts
  • Joined:26 Jul 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Free America

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:10 AM

The real ark is located either in Warehouse 13 or Area 51. :P Ethiopa has a fake one, because it is deemed to dangerous.

A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. - Albert Einstein

#118    HawkLord

HawkLord

    Apparition

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 336 posts
  • Joined:16 May 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Adelaide. South Australia

  • I reserve the right to change my mind when better and more accurate info becomes available.

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:27 PM

Well considering the amount of clutter I have in my room I might have it around here somewhere. :w00t:

The rocks in my head fill the holes in yours.

It is easy to spout the wisdom of others when you have none of your own.

Insult me all you like but remember that i have a sword.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users