Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Who is this Antichrist?

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#1    Firestone66

Firestone66

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 164 posts

• The wonders of life are too interesting to be conservative. To think life is conservative, is the definition of crazy.

Posted 10 February 2011 - 04:12 PM

Jesus didn't make no reference to an Antichrist, so why should we believe it exists? Jesus did not ever acknowledge that he had a doppelgänger, an equal in evil.  I don't get it, somethings just develop over time I guess, it's amazing how the unofficial can become the official.

#2    Donnie Darko

Donnie Darko

Who's to say what is proper?

• 2,991 posts

• "Is this your last best chance? Or are you going to your grave with unlived lives in your veins?"

Posted 10 February 2011 - 04:20 PM

Good point, but I believe it's alluded to in the Book Of Revelation, though I guess it's all symbolic and metaphors. Either way, he wouldn't exactly be an equal as Jesus is always number 1. :D

I do believe there will be one eventually. Perhaps not an official antichrist, but someone who will be looked as such by the majority of the world. Bad things keep happening, I expect people to globally point the finger.

Is it Obama? Is it Prince Charles? Is it Putin of Russia?

Personally, I think there's an antichrist in each of us - it battles the Holy Spirit. Kind of like the good angel on your right shoulder and the bad on the left. ;)

#3    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,509 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 10 February 2011 - 04:57 PM

Anti Christ is oposite if Christ right. It won't even be alive or intelligent. I have an incling that it is the meam of western civilization , technology, burocracy, and government. The system is seeking to enslave us, it destroys anything that oposes it, you are marked by it, and cannot buy or sell without it's number that you have memorized and use dayly with your right hand. It makes perfect sense.  

Revelations is surprisingly acurate. I don't think it's a devil, but a spirit traveler long ago saw it comeing.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#4    vitruvian12

vitruvian12

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,855 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 04:59 PM

View PostOzzy Valentine, on 10 February 2011 - 04:20 PM, said:

Good point, but I believe it's alluded to in the Book Of Revelation, though I guess it's all symbolic and metaphors. Either way, he wouldn't exactly be an equal as Jesus is always number 1. :D

I do believe there will be one eventually. Perhaps not an official antichrist, but someone who will be looked as such by the majority of the world. Bad things keep happening, I expect people to globally point the finger.

Is it Obama? Is it Prince Charles? Is it Putin of Russia?

Personally, I think there's an antichrist in each of us - it battles the Holy Spirit. Kind of like the good angel on your right shoulder and the bad on the left. ;)
Youre right, John mentions the antichrist and antichrist(s) a few times.

#5    markdohle

markdohle

Alien Abducter

• 4,750 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 05:11 PM

View Postvitruvian12, on 10 February 2011 - 04:59 PM, said:

Actually, I think the antichrist is posting on this site, but I ain't telling  :ph34r:

peace
mark

#6    Donnie Darko

Donnie Darko

Who's to say what is proper?

• 2,991 posts

• "Is this your last best chance? Or are you going to your grave with unlived lives in your veins?"

Posted 10 February 2011 - 05:36 PM

:devil:

You rang?

#7    Firestone66

Firestone66

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 164 posts

• The wonders of life are too interesting to be conservative. To think life is conservative, is the definition of crazy.

Posted 10 February 2011 - 06:50 PM

View Postvitruvian12, on 10 February 2011 - 04:59 PM, said:

John the Apostle: Profile & Biography of John the Apostle

John has been an important figure for Christianity because he is believed to have been the author of the fourth (non-synoptic) gospel, three canonical letters, and the book of Revelation. Most scholars no longer attribute all (or any) of this to an original companion of Jesus, but that doesn’t change John’s stature for historical Christianity.

#8    SilverCougar

SilverCougar

All hail the gods of Rum

• 10,873 posts

• The origonal Damneddirtytreehugging-
    paganhippiewerecougarrum pirate.

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:34 PM

View Postmarkdohle, on 10 February 2011 - 05:11 PM, said:

Actually, I think the antichrist is posting on this site, but I ain't telling  :ph34r:

peace
mark

Shhhh!  What they don't know...  >.>

Doctor_Strangelove: If only I lived in a world with no risk of piss tests. Then I could just sit here and
watch videos on angelfish and become one with nature.

#9    vitruvian12

vitruvian12

Psychic Spy

• 1,855 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:44 PM

View PostFirestone66, on 10 February 2011 - 06:50 PM, said:

John the Apostle: Profile & Biography of John the Apostle

John has been an important figure for Christianity because he is believed to have been the author of the fourth (non-synoptic) gospel, three canonical letters, and the book of Revelation. Most scholars no longer attribute all (or any) of this to an original companion of Jesus, but that doesn’t change John’s stature for historical Christianity.
Im just saying it was in the new testament. Or is your point that Jesus himself never said anything about the antichrist?

#10    d e v i c e

d e v i c e

Ambassador of Fear

• 1,747 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 07:20 AM

I think it's just a matter of time before the world sees another Joseph Stalin or Adolph Hitler
figure emerge from the shadows. ie: despotic mass murderers of millions.
There have been a few 'lesser' despots floating around over the years too so these to me are the real 'antichrists'
in the sense that their message is really about hate and division while their actions just go to confirm that by
bringing great suffering down on the people.
Ultimately though I think good always triumphs over evil. But at a cost.
You see, just as Jesus earthly existence came to an end, so too any Antichrists.

#11    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 25,951 posts

• Paranoid Android... One Mippippi, two Mippippi, three Mippipi....

Posted 11 February 2011 - 07:54 AM

Biblical answer:

~ 2 Thesallonians refers to a "man of lawlessness" who will try to set himself up as God.

~ Revelation refers to a "false prophet" who will do the work of "the beast".

~ 1 and 2 John refers to "many antichrists" who have come.

Conclusion:  There is not much we can do to identify the false prophet or the man of lawlessness.  Considering the texts they were found in, I would make the argument that they represent a concept rather than a specific person.  1 and 2 John is quite clear though, and refers again to a concept about the "antichrist".  He states that there are many "deceivers" who have gone out in the world to drag people away from the truth of Jesus.  The context implies the deceivers are professing Christians who don't actually preach the true message (it is not referring to non-Christians).  Thus any false teacher who brings false teachings can be said to be one among the "many antichrists" who have come.

Hope this helps :tu:

~ Regards, PA

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#12    Habitat

Habitat

Government Agent

• 3,387 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 09:04 AM

View PostEvilution13, on 11 February 2011 - 07:20 AM, said:

I think it's just a matter of time before the world sees another Joseph Stalin or Adolph Hitler
figure emerge from the shadows. ie: despotic mass murderers of millions.
There have been a few 'lesser' despots floating around over the years too so these to me are the real 'antichrists'
in the sense that their message is really about hate and division while their actions just go to confirm that by
bringing great suffering down on the people.
Ultimately though I think good always triumphs over evil. But at a cost.
You see, just as Jesus earthly existence came to an end, so too any Antichrists.
I think it is rather naive to label people like Stalin or Hitler as "antichrists". There have been and are many millions of people as irksome as those two, given half a chance they would step in to the role, but a constellation of many accidents of fate and circumstances had to line up for those two to reach that level of infamy.

#13    d e v i c e

d e v i c e

Ambassador of Fear

• 1,747 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 09:46 AM

View PostHabitat, on 11 February 2011 - 09:04 AM, said:

I think it is rather naive to label people like Stalin or Hitler as "antichrists". There have been and are many millions of people as irksome as those two, given half a chance they would step in to the role, but a constellation of many accidents of fate and circumstances had to line up for those two to reach that level of infamy.

Well yeah, maybe Stalin and Hitler aren't the only psychos around but its not naive to label them 'antichrists.'
Going by the information in this thread so far, these two most certainly meet the criteria as Antichrists. But do I believe
they are the 'Sons Of Satan' and have a 'number of the beast' birthmark somewhere on their bodies or whatever? No. LOL But
they are most definately Antichrists in the strictest sense. :devil:

#14    AZDZ

AZDZ

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

• Hatching soon...

Posted 11 February 2011 - 05:15 PM

View PostParanoid Android, on 11 February 2011 - 07:54 AM, said:

Biblical answer:

~ 2 Thesallonians refers to a "man of lawlessness" who will try to set himself up as God.

~ Revelation refers to a "false prophet" who will do the work of "the beast".

~ 1 and 2 John refers to "many antichrists" who have come.

Conclusion:  There is not much we can do to identify the false prophet or the man of lawlessness.  Considering the texts they were found in, I would make the argument that they represent a concept rather than a specific person.  1 and 2 John is quite clear though, and refers again to a concept about the "antichrist".  He states that there are many "deceivers" who have gone out in the world to drag people away from the truth of Jesus.  The context implies the deceivers are professing Christians who don't actually preach the true message (it is not referring to non-Christians).  Thus any false teacher who brings false teachings can be said to be one among the "many antichrists" who have come.

Hope this helps :tu:

~ Regards, PA

"not referring to non-believers" How can that be? The context of the following verses is clearly all about the non-believers being defined as antichrist.

1 Jn 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

1 Jn 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

2 Jn 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

While false teachers may also in included, I cannot accept they are the only ones these texts are describing.

#15    Kriegermonch

Kriegermonch

Government Agent

• 3,285 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 05:32 PM

Emmanuel Lewis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users