Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Victorian 'ghost' on Google Street View

UM-Bot

She looks like a lively individual in the photograph; I don't see what the commotion is all about. Perhaps she likes being "different." Meh, what do I know...

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ashyne

• Ghost Ship

• Bardsidhe

• schizoidwoman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is very clearly a normal woman in Cardiff (Cardiff is in Wales not England, Geography fans) whose face has been blurred as per google map rules.

I think the blurry bit below is the photos stuck together or something, you'll see something similar on most google map pics you look down far enough on..

It is neither a ghost nor even an attempt to fake a ghost.

The Telegraph is normally a fairly respected broadsheet. Must be a slow news day.

Not that this picture warrants being looked into this much, but the Mary Poppins play is in Cardiff at the moment.

post-48284-1238396234_thumb.jpg

It's playing in that big building you can see behind the woman.

There's no shortage of newspapers or TV shows in Britain that would love to take the p*ss out of the Telegraph for this.

Saard

Edited by Saard

i don't see any ghost.

I didn't see a ghost as well. Looked fairly normal to me.

this forum is a bit out of date isnt it .. ;)

***solved ***

linked-image

Nice detective work. Google was behind all of the paranoia.

Heh. That "ghost" is casting a shadow! :o

I'm more interested at the Google cameras also capturing a spooky ET alien figure in New Jersey, United States mention at the end of the article. Anyone has a link to this story? Possibly with a photo?

Heh. That "ghost" is casting a shadow! :o

I'm more interested at the Google cameras also capturing a spooky ET alien figure in New Jersey, United States mention at the end of the article. Anyone has a link to this story? Possibly with a photo?

here is a link not very clear photo though

:)

To be honest, the only thing about the picture that looks odd is her head, either she has a sort of poofy hair do, or she's wearing a old fashioned hat.

Seeing as how you can't tell how old she is, or make any kind of identification... I think it's just a picture of a lady that is getting spun.

Is Telegraph a tabloid for teh UK? 'Cause it seems to print a good deal of these style stories.

She's wearing a hat typical to the period of the 1900s as is the dress. I have at home some reprints of old Sears Roebuck catalogs of the period, plus old family photos from that time.

Now why you don't see the bottom hem of the skirt, that I'm not sure. BUT since the set for Torchwood is around there, and there is often filming for various tv productions in England, it might by an actress for some period tv show possibly, or there might be theatres in the area and she is going to rehersal.

There was at Ghost Study ,www,ghoststudy.com a similar photo of a lady in modern dress, wearing black, and you could'nt see her legs,but it wasn't a ghost.I think someone gave an explaination for the photo.

I found the ET's location, and the darn thing actually disappears when the sun isn't in the picture.

It's like it's... powered by the sun. Or maybe it's being projected onto the lens... by the sun?

Seriously, these people should find better things to do. Lens flare is a sorry excuse for "ET".

I see nothing ghostly it just looks like streetview skewed an image.

As for her clothes, those dont seem odd at all to me, I have several outfits that are semi victorian right down to the hat. I wear them for fun now and then, especially the hat on sunny days.

• 3 months later...

I have looked at the Google Image and found that if you move along the street from Rhodfa Loydd George, towards the Traffic Lights, the woman can easily be seen as the Camera Approaches, then in one frame, she is gone, along with the Blue and White Lorry, and the two Buses, and in thier place is a different bus, next frame she reappears along with the lorry and Buses.

does this prove she is not a ghost? No, but it does show that the images are not all taken on the same day or atleast the same minute.

as for the distortion, the camera car probably hit a speed bump (or something similar) which was enough to make the camera stuff up for a moment.

so if she was not a ghost, the question then remains, why was this woman wearing such clothes,

one possible answer, she's an extra on Doctor Who.

Just looked at the New Jersy Alien Google Pic, with that much blur it could someones Mobile Phone or Wristwatch... I wish they would not use that kind of low grade image in a story like that.

Guest Lottie

First impression is that she looks like Mary Poppins and it seems someone agree's with me..

Not that this picture warrants being looked into this much, but the Mary Poppins play is in Cardiff at the moment.

post-48284-1238396234_thumb.jpg

It's playing in that big building you can see behind the woman.

There's no shortage of newspapers or TV shows in Britain that would love to take the p*ss out of the Telegraph for this.

Saard

HHmm, nah Mary was always shown in a dark blue to Black dress (assuming I can remember the movies), but looks like the same era, I wonder what play was on at the local theatre