Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

75 econmic figures from 2012

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 11,663 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:10 PM

#1 In December 2008, 31.6 million Americans were on food stamps. Today, a new all-time record of 47.7 million Americans are on food stamps. That number has increased by more than 50 percent over the past four years, and yet the mainstream media still has the gall to insist that "things are getting better".
#2 Back in the 1970s, about one out of every 50 Americans was on food stamps. Today, about one out of every 6.5 Americans is on food stamps.
#3 According to one calculation, the number of Americans on food stamps now exceeds the combined populations of "Alaska, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, West Virginia, and Wyoming."
#4 According to one recent survey, 55 percent of all Americans have received money from a safety net program run by the federal government at some point in their lives.
#5 For the first time ever, more than a million public school students in the United States are homeless. That number has risen by 57 percent since the 2006-2007 school year.
#6 Median household income in the U.S. has fallen for four consecutive years. Overall, it has declined by over $4000 during that time span.
#7 Families that have a head of household under the age of 30 have a poverty rate of 37 percent.
#8 The percentage of working age Americans with a job has been under 59 percent for 39 months in a row.
#9 In September 2009, during the depths of the last economic crisis, 58.7 percent of all working age Americans were employed. In November 2012, 58.7 percent of all working age Americans were employed. It is more then 3 years later, and we are in the exact same place.
#10 When you total up all working age Americans that do not have a job in America today, it comes to more than 100 million.
#11 According to one recent survey, 55 percent of all small business owners in America "say they would not start a business today given what they know now and in the current environment."
#12 The number of jobs at new small businesses continues to decline. According to economist Tim Kane, the following is how the decline in the number of startup jobs per 1000 Americans breaks down by presidential administration...
Bush Sr.: 11.3
Clinton: 11.2
Bush Jr.: 10.8
Obama: 7.8
#13 The U.S. share of global GDP has fallen from 31.8 percent in 2001 to 21.6 percent in 2011.
#14 The United States has fallen in the global economic competitiveness rankings compiled by the World Economic Forum for four years in a row.
#15 There are four major U.S. banks that each have more than 40 trillion dollars of exposure to derivatives.
#16 In 2000, there were more than 17 million Americans working in manufacturing, but now there are less than 12 million.

Full list here:

http://theeconomicco...razy-to-believe

#2    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,981 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:47 PM

Something about this article reminded me of this guy. I think he deserves some blame here. Until right now I never realized how laughably irresponsible this guy is.

Edited by -Mr_Fess-, 21 December 2012 - 08:51 PM.

Posted Image

#3    Gromdor

Gromdor

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:55 AM

Sadly, these numbers were no surprise to me.  And as for Matthew Lesko, he made millions the typical way corportations do these days.  Privatize the profits and socialize the costs.  He was just more blatant about the socializing the costs part.

#4    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:10 AM

Id add mine but basically at the end it added up to 5$. Im just waiting for my health care fine to come in the mail cause I aint got none/ Hahah

#5    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,221 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:10 AM

Egads, I had forgotten about that Lesko guy....

#6    RavenHawk

RavenHawk

Poltergeist

• 2,609 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:31 AM

View PostOverSword, on 21 December 2012 - 06:10 PM, said:

#3 According to one calculation, the number of Americans on food stamps now exceeds the combined populations of "Alaska, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, West Virginia, and Wyoming."
What would be more interesting is where that population resides.

"I don't see one link on this thread providing one shred of evidence for the disgusting jew-hate BS you Zionist liars keep accusing me of." - Yamato

#7    Gromdor

Gromdor

Psychic Spy

• 1,004 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:08 PM

Google, "Where does the 47% live".

#8    RavenHawk

RavenHawk

Poltergeist

• 2,609 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:56 PM

View PostGromdor, on 23 December 2012 - 07:08 PM, said:

Google, "Where does the 47% live".
The question is where do those on food stamps live, not where do the 47% that do not pay taxes live?

"I don't see one link on this thread providing one shred of evidence for the disgusting jew-hate BS you Zionist liars keep accusing me of." - Yamato

#9    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:00 PM

Food Stamps is actually a good way to distribute food. It also helps hunger.

#10    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 5,426 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:27 AM

Consumerism is king    ...  as long as the money gets spent,    or borrowed,    the  SYSTEM  pro$pers.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#11    Gromdor

Gromdor

Psychic Spy

• 1,004 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:23 AM

Eh, for just food stamps google "food stamp usage by state".  It's very similar to the 47% breakdown oddly enough.

#12    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,065 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:10 AM

View PostOverSword, on 21 December 2012 - 06:10 PM, said:

#1 In December 2008, 31.6 million Americans were on food stamps. Today, a new all-time record of 47.7 million Americans are on food stamps. That number has increased by more than 50 percent over the past four years, and yet the mainstream media still has the gall to insist that "things are getting better".
#2 Back in the 1970s, about one out of every 50 Americans was on food stamps. Today, about one out of every 6.5 Americans is on food stamps.
#4 According to one recent survey, 55 percent of all Americans have received money from a safety net program run by the federal government at some point in their lives.
#5 For the first time ever, more than a million public school students in the United States are homeless. That number has risen by 57 percent since the 2006-2007 school year.
#6 Median household income in the U.S. has fallen for four consecutive years. Overall, it has declined by over $4000 during that time span.
#7 Families that have a head of household under the age of 30 have a poverty rate of 37 percent.
#8 The percentage of working age Americans with a job has been under 59 percent for 39 months in a row.
#9 In September 2009, during the depths of the last economic crisis, 58.7 percent of all working age Americans were employed. In November 2012, 58.7 percent of all working age Americans were employed. It is more then 3 years later, and we are in the exact same place.
#10 When you total up all working age Americans that do not have a job in America today, it comes to more than 100 million.
#11 According to one recent survey, 55 percent of all small business owners in America "say they would not start a business today given what they know now and in the current environment."
#12 The number of jobs at new small businesses continues to decline. According to economist Tim Kane, the following is how the decline in the number of startup jobs per 1000 Americans breaks down by presidential administration...
Bush Sr.: 11.3
Clinton: 11.2
Bush Jr.: 10.8
Obama: 7.8
#13 The U.S. share of global GDP has fallen from 31.8 percent in 2001 to 21.6 percent in 2011.
#14 The United States has fallen in the global economic competitiveness rankings compiled by the World Economic Forum for four years in a row.
#15 There are four major U.S. banks that each have more than 40 trillion dollars of exposure to derivatives.
#16 In 2000, there were more than 17 million Americans working in manufacturing, but now there are less than 12 million.

Full list here:

http://theeconomicco...razy-to-believe
I think I pointed out a lot of these several weeks before the Election and people kept saying... "Nope, it be better now. It is all Bush's fault. Tax the Rich. Obama = Good" and you can't forget... "He's just getting started...."

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#13    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,065 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:13 AM

Today in the news...

The Social Security Administration also released new data revealing that the number of workers collecting disability benefits hit a record 8,827,795 in December--up from 8,805,353 in November.

The overall number of Social Security program beneficiaries—including retired workers, dependent family members and survivors and disabled workers and their dependent family members—also hit a record in December, climbing from 56,658,978 in November to 56,758,185 in December.
http://cnsnews.com/n...record-december

There are 57 MILLION RETIRED PEOPLE. Or at least 57 people collecting retirement payments... In a nation of 315 million that is getting close to 20% of the population.

So.......... I guess that is Better, right? More Retired people = Good, right? Not for the Deficit it does not.

I thought people were supposedly holding off on retirement? Does that mean then in a few years people will begin to retire in even Faster numbers??

Edited by DieChecker, 27 December 2012 - 02:14 AM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#14    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,905 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:05 PM

They are retiring because they can't find a job.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#15    docyabut2

docyabut2

Poltergeist

• 2,953 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:26 PM

The baby boomers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users