Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Something really strange

iixfusionzxmmx

Hi all my name is Mark and i am from Bristol in the UK. I am new to this site i just wanted to share my 1st ever possible UFO experience with you all. I was out in my garden on Sunday 17/04/2016 it was a lovely sunny day. I looked up at the blue sky and saw a bright shining object quite high up not spinning but stationery in the same spot. I called to my son to have a look to which he did and saw it also. We stood and watched it for about 10 mins then it started moving slowly west to east over the flight path of Bristol Airport UK (the flight path is to the right of my house). I then got my camera and took some photos of it there was no wind or breeze at ground level that day. We watched it for another 15 mins then it disappeared. I took a few photos and it wasnt till i looked at them i was amazed with what i captured. I can upload the photos and hopefully you guys can help me find out what it could be. Cheers Mark :tu:

• Like 3

Welcome to UM Mark...

I'm sure that we would be very interested in seeing the photos - but be forewarned that they will be examined very critically - so be prepared to hear a variety of explanations...

• Like 3

Thanks Taun for the welcome i tried to upload one but it says file is too big

• Like 2

Welcome to UM!

Most people probably start out thinking 'drone' these days. They're commonplace now, and as recently as yesterday there were reports of one hitting a BA flight at Heathrow:

'Drone' hits BA plane: Police investigate Heathrow incident

If you have photos and don't automatically assume "alienz" you'll likely get some good critical analysis on here though :)

• Like 3

Then maybe you should:

- load it into an image editing program and resize it, then save it under a new name.

or..

- upload to an image hosting service and then give us a link

Rather than us try to help you with all that, why not find a youthful person with computer skills to assist :D. If you like, I can give you an email address that you can send the full size ones to, and I can do it for you.. Let me know and I'll PM you. However, ask around here and folks'll tell you I am a tough hard-nosed skeptic, so you may not get answers you like!

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 2

cheers guys for your help and advice i will try different options would love you guys to see the photos and get your thoughts.

• Like 1

welcome to UM fusionz, we all love to see those photos, you have taken, so we could all share what you have experienced.

Also take a look around, many people have had strange experiences too. ^^

• Like 1

-snip-

many people have had strange experiences too. ^^

Some of us ARE strange experiences too!....

• Like 2

here it is guys see what you think not very clear image as it was far away from me and i zoomed in tho the camera max.

post-160478-0-52443200-1461073167_thumb.

• Like 2

here it is guys see what you think not very clear image as it was far away from me and i zoomed in tho the camera max.

can you post all of them please? thanks,

also curious as to why you were only amazed once you looked at pictures rather than the live event?

as it was far away to see with the naked eye could only make out a dot it was flashing as the sunlight caught it am trying to upload the others thanks guys

• Like 1

as it was far away to see with the naked eye could only make out a dot it was flashing as the sunlight caught it am trying to upload the others thanks guys

ah ok, yet close enough to establish it was not spinning?

As I said it was as though it was spinning as it was bright then you couldn't see it so I presumed it was spinning I don't know that's why I'm asking you guys for help with it cheers mark

• Like 1

As I said it was as though it was spinning as it was bright then you couldn't see it so I presumed it was spinning I don't know that's why I'm asking you guys for help with it cheers mark

sorry I am a little confused, I thought you had said it 'wasn't' spinning as per your opening quote 'I looked up at the blue sky and saw a bright shining object quite high up not spinning but stationery in the same spot

• Like 1

I was meant to remove NOT after quite high up sorry guys I need to edit the post I meant it looked like it was spinning but it was not moving in any direction for a bit sorry guys

• Like 1

I was meant to remove NOT after quite high up sorry guys I need to edit the post I meant it looked like it was spinning but it was not moving in any direction for a bit sorry guys

no problem. my only guess would be a balloon at distance giving the impression it was not moving....but hey...who knows!

Edited by quillius
  • Like 1

That's an interesting photo... Not sure at all what it might be... I would be interested in seeing the rest of the pics, if you can load them...

I'm trying to get the best one uploaded but I'm having trouble making it small enough so you can see all of it

Here is the other one again sorry for the quality i had to crop it to put it on here hope this sheds more light thanks guys for your help and replies :tu:

post-160478-0-39144800-1461077343_thumb.

• Like 1

you really need to see the photo in full size to get a better look at it

That final photo makes it look a bit like the dark "object" is smoke or engine exhaust of some sort.. perhaps an aircraft flying more or less directly toward you...

Edited by Taun

you really need to see the photo in full size to get a better look at it

ChrLzs offered his services to help upload them for you. He's a pro at photography. ;)

Anyway. did the object slowly disappear from sight, speed off or wink out?

Edited by Hawkin

Thanks guys just disappeared I could still see it in the distance I do have a few more pics some a bit blurry also a video of it in the distance after the photos were took. I private messaged him to give me his email address but no reply the photos need to be looked at at normal resolution for the best viewing if he gives me his email I will send them

• Like 1

Thanks guys just disappeared I could still see it in the distance I do have a few more pics some a bit blurry also a video of it in the distance after the photos were took. I private messaged him to give me his email address but no reply the photos need to be looked at at normal resolution for the best viewing if he gives me his email I will send them

He's probably still in dreamland. Australia is many hours ahead of the UK and US. That's why the world won't end today because it's already tomorrow in Oz. ;)

• Like 2

I did reply to the OP about 14 hours ago as I post this, and he responded immediately to say he would send them.

Since then, neither my Inbox or Spam folder has received the images...

Just looking at the crops he posted, I have no firm ideas, other than perhaps a metallic foil helium balloon (like the large letters you can get) or more likely a couple of them tethered together, that had significantly deflated. I suspect there won't be much useful info embedded in the image exif or anything much that can be analysed. I hate crappy camera phones.

One day perhaps we will get lucky and someone like me with a decent camera will get some good footage... but then it will probably be easily identifiable...