Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Roswell UFO Was Not Of This Earth

Do you know if he had a middle name or where he lived? Near every link on the net is saying the same thing that you have posted, no biography, nothing. Just the article I already mentioned. I found a few John Maynard's in death records here - Link. A few possible candidates, but without further information, hard to determine if one of these records pertain to the same man. Not much at find a grave either.

I've never been able to find out anything more about him, not even where he was from or where he lived when he got out of the Army. Nothing.

And for those were were asking me about the guy who disappeared after giving testimony for the Disclosure Project, it was John Maynard of the Defense Intelligence Agency. I heard that he was arrested in 2003, and I can find out nothing more about him after that. Nothing at all.

I am 100% certain that he was telling the truth about what he knew.

Hmmm. When MacGuffin first posted about this he stated:

By the way, I know of one military UFO witness who took part in a Disclosure Conference and ended up just being gone. I mean, he is just plain gone like he never existed. I don't say that happens all the time, but I know for sure that it happened to him. Why do you think that so many of those people wait until they are old and sick, with one foot in the grave, before they start to come forward?

I think it's pretty clear that the 'it' that happened to Maynard, was, in MacG's opinion very serious. And MacG said he 'knows for sure' that 'it' happened.

But now, however.. MacG says "I heard that he was arrested in 2003, and I can find out nothing more about him after that.."

That seems a bit different to what was initally implied.... But anyway, I'm guessing MacG heard about Maynards's supposed arrest/incarceration here or here. Secondhand reports on a rather broken-down conspiracy website, from someone called Rayelan (why is that name familiar?), who quotes an anonymous poster at some other unspecified place - yes, the hearsay is three-times-removed and completely unsupported - even the earliest report doesn't give any clue about where they 'heard it'... There is no other information that I can see out there. MacG, do you have more, or earlier information? I'm sure I'm not worthy, but think of the others here...

'Evidence' just doesn't get any better than this... :P

Anyhow, I would like to know what happened to Maynard after 2003 because after his alleged arrest he fell right off the map, as if into a black hole somewhere.

This is said on the below site...

http://www.virtuallystrange.net/ufo/sdi/program/backgrounders/234bg.html

"Ex-DIA analyst and UFO-reality proponent John Maynard has been arrested and charged for violating his National Security oath as regards statements made in conjunction with his activity as a UFO-reality witness with the Disclosure Project. He currently is incarcerated in a federal facility, location uncertain."

"I would bet that there is more to this than the UFO angle. Anybody got any information on this?"

I have seen the rumours of the alleged arrest, I find that one hard to swallow because all of his claims and information (that supposedly got him locked up to begin with) are still up and available on the net. I just checked Surfing the apocalypse, which holds one of his more well known interviews, and it is still 100% intact. If he really was taken for what he was saying, then one would have to assume that his writings would also disappear. I wonder if he will show up having done some big unannounced tour of the world incognito, or if he might become another Harold Holt.

From Surfing the Apocalypse....

http://www.surfingtheapocalypse.com/maynard.html

MAYNARD: No, although I did read certain documents that indicated our own abilities in this area: back-engineered equipment, propulsion systems, and alien vehicles that could provide us with the capability of traveling great distances from this planet. I have also had recent conversations in this area, but I am not prepared to go into this in detail at this time. I need to make further inquires and confirm this information from alternate sources before making a complete statement on these government activities.

ME....perhaps it was the above that did for him......and his plans to make a complete statement on the subject...?

Hmmm. When MacGuffin first posted about this he stated:

I think it's pretty clear that the 'it' that happened to Maynard, was, in MacG's opinion very serious. And MacG said he 'knows for sure' that 'it' happened.

But now, however.. MacG says "I heard that he was arrested in 2003, and I can find out nothing more about him after that.."

That seems a bit different to what was initally implied.... But anyway, I'm guessing MacG heard about Maynards's supposed arrest/incarceration here or here. Secondhand reports on a rather broken-down conspiracy website, from someone called Rayelan (why is that name familiar?), who quotes an anonymous poster at some other unspecified place - yes, the hearsay is three-times-removed and completely unsupported - even the earliest report doesn't give any clue about where they 'heard it'... There is no other information that I can see out there. MacG, do you have more, or earlier information? I'm sure I'm not worthy, but think of the others here...

'Evidence' just doesn't get any better than this... :P

I have no more information of any kind about Maynard, and nothing after 2003. I do not know where the man is or whether he is dead or alive. He really is off the radar, and that's no joke.

MAYNARD: No, although I did read certain documents that indicated our own abilities in this area: back-engineered equipment, propulsion systems, and alien vehicles that could provide us with the capability of traveling great distances from this planet. I have also had recent conversations in this area, but I am not prepared to go into this in detail at this time. I need to make further inquires and confirm this information from alternate sources before making a complete statement on these government activities.

ME....perhaps it was the above that did for him......and his plans to make a complete statement on the subject...?

That's all I know about him too. All the information I ever had about Maynard has been posted here. That's all there is and there ain't no more, beyond these stories that he was arrested in 2003. If anyone knows more, then I wish they'd tell me about it.

And in the U.S., especially since September 11, 2001, if they think you have broken security in some major way, then bad things can happen to you. Maybe that's what happened to him, but no one seems to have heard anything concrete about Maynard in almost ten years. Nothing. If they did, I can't find out any information at all.

Edited by TheMacGuffin

As an example, someone in the U.S. has been leaking top secret documents recently, including Obama's National Security Action Memorandum (NSAM) about covert operations in Syria. I have no idea who's doing that, but the penalty can be life imprisonment if they're caught. They don't fool around about things like that. Maynard was talking about satellites and spy planes and the UFO sightings they had made, which is all true, but someone just may not have liked him bringing up things like that in public. It's possible, but I have no way of knowing.

Documents like the NSAM and all the National Security Council records and resolutions really are WAY above Top Secret and may not be declassified for decades--if ever--so there really are subjects that one can go to jail for if they are leaked to the public.

And for a military person, there would be additional penalties such as changing the status of their discharge to dishonorable, and the loss of all pensions, pay and other benefits. With something like that on your record, even if they let you out of prison, you literally wouldn't be able to get a job at McDonald's. You would be unemployable, at least in the United States.

Edited by TheMacGuffin

This is said on the below site...

http://www.virtually...ders/234bg.html

"Ex-DIA analyst and UFO-reality proponent John Maynard has been arrested and charged for violating his National Security oath as regards statements made in conjunction with his activity as a UFO-reality witness with the Disclosure Project. He currently is incarcerated in a federal facility, location uncertain."

"I would bet that there is more to this than the UFO angle. Anybody got any information on this?"

Thats about the only thing that exists on the net. I mentioned this and offered the same link already.

From Surfing the Apocalypse....

http://www.surfingth...om/maynard.html

Did for him? I beg your pardon? I do not understand what you mean. I take it you are offering that one liner on the internet by anonymous sources that he actually has been locked up, is a true statement? If this man is so prominent, why is there no mention of him? The only records that exist are those that are the ones that he supposedly went missing for, so how on earth does that make an ounce of sense? They do away with the man, but leave what they did away with him for on the Internet in public domain? Bee, that patently makes no sense whatsoever.

How come nobody knows his middle name, or where he lived, of who he worked for? Why does nobody seem to remember him, no family, no employees, no friends have made any statement, nothing in any paper, no missing personas reports that can be accessed, nothing. Is he made up altogether? It would not be the first time.

Edited by psyche101

I've never been able to find out anything more about him, not even where he was from or where he lived when he got out of the Army. Nothing.

I cannot find a thing. Without some more to go on, he cannot be found. We need to know where he was born, lived, worked, anything, but nothing is forthcoming, no career records, no birth death or marriage records, no middle names, nothing. How do we know he actually exists and is trustworthy when we have absolutely nothing to run with? It seems strange to place any faith in a completely anonymous claim?

I cannot find a thing. Without some more to go on, he cannot be found. We need to know where he was born, lived, worked, anything, but nothing is forthcoming, no career records, no birth death or marriage records, no middle names, nothing. How do we know he actually exists and is trustworthy when we have absolutely nothing to run with? It seems strange to place any faith in a completely anonymous claim?

This dude is a ghost, no doubt about it, but I don't think he was lying about his military and intelligence background. Other than that, I can say nothing more about him.

By the way, I don't mean that Maynard is a "ghost" in the literal sense, since that is not I subject I have ever really looked into or placed much stock in, except in my experience it often gives the loved ones of the deceased some comfort to believe that the departed are still "with us" on some level.

I've only been to one place in my life that I am sure was haunted, and that was Auschwitz, but that was just some kind of residual of all the evil that was done there. After walking around the place to the site where the four big gas chambers were, I just got the strong sense that I wouldn't want to be there after sundown.

Other than that, I don't believe in ghosts.

This dude is a ghost, no doubt about it, but I don't think he was lying about his military and intelligence background. Other than that, I can say nothing more about him.

He... (Maynard)....comes over to me as sincere and honest.

Looks like he has become a non-person...at least where the internet is concerned.

He's been erased.....hopefully not actually erased in real life... :cry:

The most hopeful possibility is that he has erased himself and gone into hiding. But perhaps that isn't likely from the way he bravely spoke out....

• Like 1

Did for him? I beg your pardon? I do not understand what you mean.

lol.....you know when someone is 'done for' .....well what I said was a colloquial way of saying that.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/done+for

done for....(informal)...doomed to death or destruction

I take it you are offering that one liner on the internet by anonymous sources that he actually has been locked up, is a true statement? If this man is so prominent, why is there no mention of him? The only records that exist are those that are the ones that he supposedly went missing for, so how on earth does that make an ounce of sense? They do away with the man, but leave what they did away with him for on the Internet in public domain? Bee, that patently makes no sense whatsoever.

How come nobody knows his middle name, or where he lived, of who he worked for? Why does nobody seem to remember him, no family, no employees, no friends have made any statement, nothing in any paper, no missing personas reports that can be accessed, nothing. Is he made up altogether? It would not be the first time.

who knows what happened to him or where he is....not me. But he appears to be GONE.....one way or another....

• Like 1

By the way, I don't mean that Maynard is a "ghost" in the literal sense, since that is not I subject I have ever really looked into or placed much stock in, except in my experience it often gives the loved ones of the deceased some comfort to believe that the departed are still "with us" on some level.

I've only been to one place in my life that I am sure was haunted, and that was Auschwitz, but that was just some kind of residual of all the evil that was done there. After walking around the place to the site where the four big gas chambers were, I just got the strong sense that I wouldn't want to be there after sundown.

Other than that, I don't believe in ghosts.

Living intelligence ghosts usually are a very sad story.

I believe your posts are sincere because you refer to so many realities of the intelligence world :)

I must mention, you hit the nail on the head about "spiritual ghosts" when you said they are a residue. When they attach to the living they can manifest a type of reality to a more sensitive person through the "aura" (for lack of a better word) created by the living sensitives to which it attaches. It is by no means is the deceased person himself as a whole just an experience that comes from the departed individual or individuals.

I've been to Gettysburg and St Augustine and know what you mean about the "residue". Sadness of lost lives reaches out but I would assume it is on a much lesser level than Auschwitz. You coulodn't pay me to go there even before sundown!

Edited by White Unicorn
  • Like 1

Thats about the only thing that exists on the net. I mentioned this and offered the same link already.

Did for him? I beg your pardon? I do not understand what you mean. I take it you are offering that one liner on the internet by anonymous sources that he actually has been locked up, is a true statement? If this man is so prominent, why is there no mention of him? The only records that exist are those that are the ones that he supposedly went missing for, so how on earth does that make an ounce of sense? They do away with the man, but leave what they did away with him for on the Internet in public domain? Bee, that patently makes no sense whatsoever.

Same old same old, another 'Walter Mitty'.

I'm not here to "rumble" with you. I stand by everything I've said on here and other threads, and that's all I can do. If you choose to disbelieve it, I can't control that.

"You've been rumbled" is an English expression meaning you've been sussed. I think that's the American equivalent. Rumbling with someone is something else entirely.

I really have trouble with the religious angle he promotes. He finds Ezekiel's wheel and quote "conclusive proof" of ET visiting here for 5 millennia. I cannot agree with that.

Hear hear! Hardly "conclusive proof". Sadly this sort of thing is typical.

Living intelligence ghosts usually are a very sad story.

I believe your posts are sincere because you refer to so many realities of the intelligence world :)

I must mention, you hit the nail on the head about "spiritual ghosts" when you said they are a residue. When they attach to the living they can manifest a type of reality to a more sensitive person through the "aura" (for lack of a better word) created by the living sensitives to which it attaches. It is by no means is the deceased person himself as a whole just an experience that comes from the departed individual or individuals.

I've been to Gettysburg and St Augustine and know what you mean about the "residue". Sadness of lost lives reaches out but I would assume it is on a much lesser level than Auschwitz. You coulodn't pay me to go there even before sundown!

Just out of curiosity, what do you think powers this "residue"?

"Those who invalidate reason ought seriously to consider whether they argue against reason with or without reason; if with reason, then they establish the principles that they are laboring to dethrone: but if they argue without reason (which, in order to be consistent with themselves they must do), they are out of reach of rational conviction, nor do they deserve a rational argument."

- Ethan Allen

Someone on here is invalidating reason! I find that very hard to believe, quick, call 60 minutes!

Just out of curiosity, what do you think powers this "residue"?

I will try to explain what I mean, I think there are people who have a sense for something like an electromagnetic field type energy which is much like the sense of smell. A thing may not be in the room but an "aura" imprint or smell is left that can be picked up on and depending on the enviroment where its located, it can linger for a long time. I think most "ghosts" are more of a residue than the actual interactive consciousness part of their soul. It is just a part of them, somewhat like a body odor, it is not them as an actual entity.

The power to which you refer is part of the enviroment as well as the connection to the living person who also creates an active field that can magnify this residue and create different effects or reactions to it. It;s more than the sense of smell because this energy at times can bring physical manifestations. This other sense comes to you from a subconscious level and its effects are somewhat like a hormone produced by fear, so its hard to control the reactions in yourself or the enviroment. I theorize that some occultists even try to tap this energy and control it.

Unlike TheMacGuffin I am a mystically inclined person and believe in the different levels of the soul consciousness of being, so I do believe there are also real interactive ghosts and "energy beings " who might never have been embodied. I do not expect anyone to believe this if they haven't experienced it on a personal level and sorted the truth from the myths that develope in their own mind from strange experiences they may have had. However, I really liked his perception of residue "evil", since I think the most common perceptions of ghosts are like a residue being perceived more then an active consciousness interaction with the dead.

Actually, my search for explanations of certain aspects of different levels of consciousness has lead me back to the "physical aliens" that were perceived as angels or messengers in ancient texts. I try to translate from the original languages in order to get a better grip on what the original author was meaning without the belief in a religion or an alteration of translation. I was amazed at some of the astronomy and science contained in some ancient writings behind myths and mystical views.

Like TheMacGuffin, I know different intelligent species were and still are interacting with us both on a physical and even a mental level. I want to discover more of the reasons behind this phenomena. I wish that more was declassified so everyone could brainstorm freely and find the real answers faster without misinformation, but that's the way it is.

THis Maynard guy is just another Jason Borne kinda story Just a story !

lol.....you know when someone is 'done for' .....well what I said was a colloquial way of saying that.

http://www.thefreedi...ry.com/done for

done for....(informal)...doomed to death or destruction

Perhaps then you meant to say "did it in for him" or similar?

So you do take a one liner anonymous source on the net as gospel, and then believe another Bob Lazar story. Yet the evil Government really stuffed up, didn't they? The only information that seems to exist is that which is the inflammatory part that allegedly had him locked up.

How can you seriously consider that the Government erased the man from record, but left the reason that they erased him from the record still standing? How does that make sense?

who knows what happened to him or where he is....not me. But he appears to be GONE.....one way or another....

If he ever existed at all, it is just as possible the identity is made up. Seems rather suspect to me that the only record is a dubious alien claim left on the Internet, don't you think?

Same old same old, another 'Walter Mitty'.

This Maynard certainly seems to have much in common with that character. Many grandiose claims, but little proof of existence. I Sure hope we do not see Bob Lazars story rehashed on this claim.

Hear hear! Hardly "conclusive proof". Sadly this sort of thing is typical.

I am stunned people still keep trying to push the Ancient Aliens wheelbarrow. Why some are so keen to shoehorn ET into a story befuddles me. If it is there, it's there, if it is not, it's not.

Perhaps then you meant to say "did it in for him" or similar?

no...what I said was right....it was slang...anyone in Britain (or at least the Midlands) would know what I meant..... :)

How can you seriously consider that the Government erased the man from record, but left the reason that they erased him from the record still standing? How does that make sense?

Maybe what he had already written wasn't the reason he 'went away'......he could have written other stuff and was prevented from making it public?

If he ever existed at all, it is just as possible the identity is made up. Seems rather suspect to me that the only record is a dubious alien claim left on the Internet, don't you think?

made up by who, though?

no...what I said was right....it was slang...anyone in Britain (or at least the Midlands) would know what I meant..... :)

Maybe what he had already written wasn't the reason he 'went away'......he could have written other stuff and was prevented from making it public?

made up by who, though?

I agree with Psyche, I don't believe he ever existed.

John Maynard may be his real name, it's common place enough. He may also have military experience as many have and do jo8in the military. Anything above and beyond that may just be fluff to make him look more important. The fact that he said the U.S. government had been tracking planet x (nibiru) since 1983 puts him squarely in the fringe and he may have taken on the persona he used so to speak to get his 15 minutes of fame.

If it's of interest to anyone, on The Chani Project Conspiracy Forum http://thechaniproject.com/forum/index.php?topic=2437.0 , There is this post from January of this year concerning Mr Maynard:

I've already tried to contact Dr Greer,The cseti website manager Debbie claims they lost contact with John some years ago,

She confirmed that he moved to Australia though which corroborates what Jacco Van der worp told me about a month ago.I imagine they do know where John is but won't divulge his location for obvious reasons.

But if you get lucky please don't hesitate to inbox me or post any leads here,

So perhaps his mysterious disappearance isn't so mysterious, just moving to another location.